Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. (3414 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages / Reviewing The Latest MTN 7GB Data Plus 4GB Wow Bonus Data / Reviewing The 15GB Free Data On MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by ikombe: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
Who be dis wan wey wan spoil subscription wey i dey enjoy

We dey enjoy am like that

Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Machogan(m): 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
STPEACE10:
seems am the one using this plan on Android phone
You're not the only one,I too still use it on my android to download huge files...I hope airtel don't stop this plan oooh cause am flexing it like mad,am really sorry for those who could not use it,they better sub to another plan or get a sim that has network in that particular area
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
adekayo1234:
There's a reason Airtel cannot take the place of other networks like Mtn and Airtel. They are not pace setters but rather follow other network's innovation. Airtel better wake up or they would be sold again.... Rubbish
Airtel are followers not leaders. Secondly their network capacity is not strong like MTN probably because MTN has large network base.
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
Femistico:
@op so u think u ave more business strategy than airtel itself, ehn answer me...don't forget they also ave more qualified and business oriented pple who draw out these data plans....they knw wat they doing...that's why they bring out 1k for 1.5g on 3G ntwrk..

although this 2g plan is thrash buh am jst of the opinion that they are smart enough and knw wat they are doing
exactly
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
mjames:
I can't remember Airtel saying is compulsory for all there subscribers. So find your square root and choose another plan
Exactly
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by gentlegenius(m): 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
otunbabadok:
No doubt Airtel offers a pocket friendly data at 2gb for a fair amount of money just #200, but on a ridiculous platform of only 2G/Edge. It makes it hard for the data user to exhaust the data in it's validity period. One questions, why is the data that huge when it cannot be totally consumed? There are lots of things to do online with the different types of phones in the Nigeria market and some will even use theirs to surf online with their laptops. But at a meagre speed of 10-70kb/s how will one open a site whose page is worth more than 1mb talk more of downloading apps as big as 50mb. From a business perspective it doesn't pay the consumer neither does it pay Airtel. What will be my recommendation and those share my thoughts which must be passed on to Airtel are
1 That the data be brought down to 1gig or 1.5gig and working on 3G platform for the same amount. Or
2 That the plan be totally scrapped.
We want a plan that is legitimately affordable. We are no more in the era of 2G/edge other countries are already on 4G/LTE. Help us stop looking for network tricks that you will end up blocking.
Please pass on to Airtel, I trust the power of social media. We will surely have our wish. The 2gig for #200 on 3G will surely finish in few days and will make us subscribe the more which means more money for Airtel from the business perspective.
God bless Airtel
God bless Nigerians
God bless Nigeria.
Cc: Lalasticlala
Cc: Seun
Mr OP... You need to understand that:
1. If airtel reduce the data size and make the plan to work on 3G network, two things will likely happen... The subscription will not last up to 2 weeks and the price will increase to at least 500 naira. That's exactly what MTN is doing. But I'm sure you won't like it.
2. Airtel 3G network is not available in so many places in Nigeria, therefore, many people that subscribe to their 1.5gb android plan are still browsing with 2G network because 3G is lacking in many areas. It is therefore reasonable for them to launch a cheap 2G plan.
In my area, there's no 3G network on airtel but I still manage to exhaust 1.6gb out of my 2gb in just a week which means I'll easily exhaust my 2gb before 2 weeks.
I also know others who exhaust their 2gb before the expiry date.
So if can't enjoy yours don't complain and condemn the plan, just ask people like us how we do it or rather, blame the poor network in your area.
Note also that if 2G network is very poor in your area, then 3G will not even be available. So why the scramble for this plan to be changed to 3G plan?
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by emekakelvin(m): 3:01am On Jul 10, 2016
SADYBABA:
pls how do i subscribe for dis data plan?

*482#

It cost #200 for fourteen days and #500 for twenty-eight days.

Please, vote fynestboi for Mr Nairaland
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by general111(m): 6:05am On Jul 10, 2016
STPEACE10:
I no know wetin the worry the Op, na that plan I go the use till economy balance. if I want to download, I go just live am sleep, before I go wake up, the downloading go the successful. op na beg I deg you oh, I like that data plan.
hahahahaa..my brother..this plan na economy class plan oh.lol...op's prayers shall not be answered oh.

1 Like

Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Jackpeter96(m): 8:41am On Jul 10, 2016
Young man.... This is business not charity undecided
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Joe4real1988(m): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Abeg who go help me tel op say as majority of people ar nt enjoying dis plan, dat majority of pple ar equally enjoyin it. Op, ur set of pple ar d problem we ar facing in diz coun3.....alwyz trying 2 create prblm in a problem free zone. Make I ask u, wat stops u 4rm subbin 1k-1.5mg(3g) stuff? I beg u in wateva tyn u bliv in, kip ur opinion 2 ursef nd modify this thread. Plz no right tynkin man shud join op in 4wardin dis his complain. Op, infact u shud blaim ur area network coz am usin dis same plan on my android and am enjyin it 2 d fullest. E b lyk say op like cheap tyn bt as e nor favor am, he want make dem cancel am......hmmmmmm selfishnez.
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by otunbabadok(m): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
Joe4real1988:
Abeg who go help me tel op say as majority of people ar nt enjoying dis plan, dat majority of pple ar equally enjoyin it. Op, ur set of pple ar d problem we ar facing in diz coun3.....alwyz trying 2 create prblm in a problem free zone. Make I ask u, wat stops u 4rm subbin 1k-1.5mg(3g) stuff? I beg u in wateva tyn u bliv in, kip ur opinion 2 ursef nd modify this thread. Plz no right tynkin man shud join op in 4wardin dis his complain. Op, infact u shud blaim ur area network coz am usin dis same plan on my android and am enjyin it 2 d fullest. E b lyk say op like cheap tyn bt as e nor favor am, he want make dem cancel am......hmmmmmm selfishnez.

This is going to be the first and last reply to those who questions my reason for writing this and calls for my head.
You all are hypocrites who will always rush to every trick thread on every forum. Secondly if Airtel decides to follow my first option of making it 3G as I suggested you all will come and say Airtel is simply the best. I only said they should scrap not because I don't use it, but a good plot I hope you all will support for them to see that running it on 2G is ridiculous. Making it work on 3G won't stop people on Java platform from enjoying it. If you are not OK with my submissions then I have said mine.
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by kecee99(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
general111:
hahahahaa..my brother..this plan na economy class plan oh.lol...op's prayers shall not be answered oh.
Amen oh!..
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by general111(m): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
otunbabadok:

This is going to be the first and last reply to those who questions my reason for writing this and calls for my head.
You all are hypocrites who will always rush to every trick thread on every forum. Secondly if Airtel decides to follow my first option of making it 3G as I suggested you all will come and say Airtel is simply the best. I only said they should scrap not because I don't use it, but a good plot I hope you all will support for them to see that running it on 2G is ridiculous. Making it work on 3G won't stop people on Java platform from enjoying it. If you are not OK with my submissions then I have said mine.
I understand you op.but you must understand that the plan is was not necessarily for 3G android users but mainly for java users.but if you feel it is not going well with you please subscribe for another data plan DAT will be of help to you..I hope u understand our stands against your thread....
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by gentlegenius(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
otunbabadok:

Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Odgfidelity(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
I sincerely feel people should stop being selfish and take their time to consider the fact that not everyone uses an Android or 3G enabled device. There are a lot of plans available for heavy data users to benefit from. Kudos to the few network providers who are considerate!
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Rick9(m): 9:21am On Jul 11, 2016
Airtel most useless network ever.
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by okusbaba(m): 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
Machogan:

You're not the only one,I too still use it on my android to download huge files...I hope airtel don't stop this plan oooh cause am flexing it like mad,am really sorry for those who could not use it,they better sub to another plan or get a sim that has network in that particular area
pls mine is not downloading at all
wat can i do
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Machogan(m): 6:46am On Jul 13, 2016
okusbaba:

pls mine is not downloading at all
wat can i do
hmmm,is airtel network strong in your area?.... did you switch your network from 3g to 2g only?....if you have done these and still yet you can't use it to download better try it at night cause you will surely download files of your choice especially movies although it will be slow you just have to endure or sleep till the next morning.
Re: Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription. by Kinstein: 6:53am On Jul 13, 2016
See this human being, is it by force to use airtel??

Stop playing stupid sympathy.. If you cant afford it..move on to another plan.

Who are you to dictate plans for Airtel? They have 3g plans you can as well subscribe.

If you cant afford it then stay off the internet please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Increase Your Android Phone Ram With This App (roehsoft Ram Expander Apk) / TECNO Camon 11 Pro Vs Infinix Note 5 Stylus: Speed Test And RAM (photos) / How To Get 7GB For N1000 On 9mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.