Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,055 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

My Testimony - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Testimony (1935 Views)

God: The Protocol "Breaker" (my Testimony) / Praise God With Me- My Testimony / My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Testimony by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
I want to sincerely appreciate every single person on this forum for every single word dropped here. As flippant as some of them might seem, they have been of immense help in the times of my searching for a job. Nairalanders, after one year of service, I have been given an offer by one of the prestigious indigenous banks in this country. It is this same word, 'Prestige', that coughed out of my mouth when I was asked the popular Why work with us? question in one of the interviews I had. I answered that it would be a big boost to my ego to work with them. Everything I had rehearsed before the interview sublimed from my head when I was answering some critical questions. The whole thing was just God... Thanks to Nairaland, the three interview stages didn't take me by surprise, albeit it was pretty fast. I learnt a few things, which I am willing to share:

1) Take risks, now that you're young. If not now, when?

Last January, I left my former place of work to further my education here in UNILAG. It was crazy... Leaving work for MBA. From Biochemistry to MBA. No previous work experience, nothing. What guarantee did I have that I would get a job as soon as I was done with my programme lasting two years? Nil. But I took the risk anyways; I resigned from the job I was discontented with to pursue my Masters degree. I was just three weeks into the job. It counted when I was being interviewed for this my new role, as a matter of fact my little experience in those few days helped me to ace my first interview... There was no opening at all, the bank found me while I was preparing for my first semester exams. I had submitted my CV since sometime-around-October last year. If I hadn't signed up for my Master's degree, perhaps I would still be in my former work place with my head sagging in disdain everyday.

2) People lie in interviews, but then...

My interviewer, in one of the interviews, asked me, 'Do you lie?' They say it is an integrity question, I didn't know that. I tried to evade answering the question by giving an open-ended answer, until they trapped me in choosing either a Yes or No. I said No. And the interview said, "That's a lie!" and scribbled something on the paper in his hand.

Because I am running a full-time programme, some persons advised that I tell them I was a part-time student. It won't hurt, would it? Just tell them you're in part-time and when you get the job, switch to part-time. Smart. Now, the same interviewer that asked me whether I do lie paused for a while to observe me when I told him I was running my MBA in UNILAG (That information was not given in the CV they had with them). He then asked me what programme (part-time or full-time). I told him full-time, but added that I would switch to part-time if given the job... Three days later, I met the same interviewer in my school. He was a part-time student, MBA, in my department. Just imagine I had lied again and he asked me something about his class that I didn't know... he probably would doubt I was even enrolled for any degree.

3) Don't wait till job sites send you mails for job links, throw out your CVs everywhere you can online and offline. Advantage? It reduces competition. NBC, for instance, is recruiting nationwide, and tens of thousands of applications are received. Maybe only fifty is taken after all. But some other companies don't want to go through the stress of sieving thousands of CVs, they just go to their Careers mail bank and whittle down the numbers they have by a bit, send the desired profiles test invites, and -- a recruitment process begins. I stole a glance at the list of names of those invited for test when I took mine, the list was about a hundred-plus. Now, in training school, we're not up to 40. The whole process was fast, took less than one month. So, please, don't wait for openings till you send your CVs out, write mails to companies' HR units. It works.

I begun training school last month, amidst my MBA exams. It wasn't easy, but I surely will overcome, by God's grace. If there's anything like luck, I am indeed lucky because I am not the best there is to get into the bank's training school. Friends, believe in yourself. It is not about who's better, just focus on being humble and willing to learn. Certainly, it's been God all the way.

I prayed that this day would come, when I'd write my own testimony, too, as I have read herein many a time. Your own testimony is coming, too...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Testimony by Dannan: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
Obi411:
I want to sincerely appreciate every single person on this forum for every single word dropped here. As flippant as some of them might seem, they have been of immense help in the times of my searching for a job. Nairalanders, after one year of service, I have been given an offer by one of the prestigious indigenous banks in this country. It is this same word, 'Prestige', that coughed out of my mouth when I was asked the popular Why work with us? question in one of the interviews I had. I answered that it would be a big boost to my ego to work with them. Everything I had rehearsed before the interview sublimed from my head when I was answering some critical questions. The whole thing was just God... Thanks to Nairaland, the three interview stages didn't take me by surprise, albeit it was pretty fast. I learnt a few things, which I am willing to share:

Last January, I left my former place of work to further my education here in UNILAG. It was crazy... Leaving work for MBA. From Biochemistry to MBA. No previous work experience, nothing. What guarantee did I have that I would get a job as soon as I was done with my programme lasting two years? Nil. But I took the risk anyways; I resigned from the job I was discontented with to pursue my Masters degree. I was just three weeks into the job. It counted when I was being interviewed for this my new role, as a matter of fact my little experience in those few days helped me to ace my first interview... There was no opening at all, the bank found me while I was preparing for my first semester exams. I had submitted my CV since sometime-around-October last year. If I hadn't signed up for my Master's degree, perhaps I would still be in my former work place with my head sagging in disdain everyday.

My interviewer, in one of the interviews, asked me, 'Do you lie?' They say it is an integrity question, I didn't know that. I tried to evade answering the question by giving an open-ended answer, until they trapped me in choosing either a Yes or No. I said No. And the interview said, "That's a lie!" and scribbled something on the paper in his hand.

Because I am running a full-time programme, some persons advised that I tell them I was a part-time student. It won't hurt, would it? Just tell them you're in part-time and when you get the job, switch to part-time. Smart. Now, the same interviewer that asked me whether I do lie paused for a while to observe me when I told him I was running my MBA in UNILAG (That information was not given in the CV they had with them). He then asked me what programme (part-time or full-time). I told him full-time, but added that I would switch to part-time if given the job... Three days later, I met the same interviewer in my school. He was a part-time student, MBA, in my department. Just imagine I had lied again and he asked me something about his class that I didn't know... he probably would doubt I was even enrolled for any degree.

3) Don't wait till job sites send you mails for job links, throw out your CVs everywhere you can online and offline. Advantage? It reduces competition. NBC, for instance, is recruiting nationwide, and hundreds of applications are received. Maybe only fifty is taken after all. But some other companies don't want to go through the stress of sieving thousands of CVs, they just go to their Careers mail bank and whittle down the numbers they have by a bit, send the desired profiles test invites, and -- a recruitment process begins. I stole a glance at the list of names of those invited for test when I took mine, the list was about a hundred-plus. Now, in training school, we're not up to 40. The whole process was fast, took less than one month. So, please, don't wait for openings till you send your CVs out, write mails to companies' HR units. It works.

I begun training school last month, amidst my MBA exams. It wasn't easy, but I surely will overcome, by God's grace. If there's anything like luck, I am indeed lucky because I am not the best there is to get into the bank's training school. Friends, believe in yourself. It is not about who's better, just focus on being humble and willing to learn. Certainly, it's been God all the way.

I prayed that this day would come, when I'd write my own testimony, too, as I have read herein many a time. Your own testimony is coming, too...

AMEN IN JESUS CHRIST MIGHTY NAME AMEN AND AMEN. Congratulations my brother. My own testimony too is coming and is already here Amen.
Re: My Testimony by collinsoft(m): 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
If God answers prayers and did your, I have this unperturbed feeling and strong believe that God would answer me too speedily. I key into your testimony and am sure July 2016 would not pass me bye. AMEN

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
congratulation bro mo fi ola yin tore for my life search sir
Re: My Testimony by Ayoola171(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
Accept my humble congratulation wishes as you've taken a step up the career ladder.
Re: My Testimony by tallywise: 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
Congratulations!!! I'm happy for you! the same God that did yours will surely do mine and many others waiting to testify like this!

I am next to share IJN!

I wish you the best,
Re: My Testimony by Everyday4(m): 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
Congratulations!!! This wil go a long way in given hope to other unemployed graduates

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by missyojo(f): 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
congratulation poster! i tap into this testimony in jesus name.Amen
Re: My Testimony by Alexandroo(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
Congratulation broda
Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
congratulations
Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
congratulations
very insightful. ....Baba God this july will not pass me by Amen.
I will write my own testimony too this month. Amen
Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lord u did it for dis our guy come and do ours too. ki iyanu sele
Re: My Testimony by lisimmo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
God be praised
Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 10, 2016
After all these long talk, how much is your salary? undecided
Re: My Testimony by centmanuel(m): 1:50am On Jul 10, 2016
Congratulations brother I receive same faith. My testimony is on the way loading.. ...
Re: My Testimony by EdoBoy90(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2016
how can someone write mails to companies HR when you don't their contacts or details??
Re: My Testimony by Meesquared(m): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2016
congrats. it will work for Mee also. IJN. Amen
Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:
After all these long talk, how much is your salary? undecided

I can't tell for sure, I have only been given an offer, not employment letter, bro. But you can check out the salary scale of the top three highest paying banks in Nigeria, it'll give you a clue.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2016
EdoBoy90:
how can someone write mails to companies HR when you don't their contacts or details??

Okay, first, this forum has a lot of them concealed in threads of past recruitment. If you thoroughly search the threads where people ask How did you apply? you'd find some of them HR mails.

Another way is via LinkedIn. Look up HR officers by way of random search. Once you have their names, try combinations of their names with the end of the company's career mail. For instance, if a company's Careers mail address is contact@edoboy.com, and the name of your HR officer is Jide Kosoko, you could try something like jide.kosoko@edoboy.com or jkosoko@edoboy.com or jidekosoko@edoboy.com (Just keep trying different combinations till one mail gets delivered). It's better than waiting to be sent a link to apply.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2016
Amen! I claim it. Congrats
Re: My Testimony by ScofieldBello(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
In addition,

Visit the websites of these coys, get to know what they do (is their lifestyle at the company and things they do the things you want to build your careers on?), then check up their career portals to enable you know how exactly to get your cover letters and CVs across. If all or some of these fail, click on 'contact us' bottom to enable you get to them. You could fill the form (it's always there) and expect a feed back as regards how to get to the HR Managers.

You can also do the company a mail by just trying something like 'careers@edoboy.com', 'info@edoboy.com', 'hr@edoboy.com' et al.

Obi411:

Okay, first, this forum has a lot of them concealed in threads of past recruitment. If you thoroughly search the threads where people ask How did you apply? you'd find some of them HR mails.

Another way is via LinkedIn. Look up HR officers by way of random search. Once you have their names, try combinations of their names with the end of the company's career mail. For instance, if a company's Careers mail address is contact@edoboy.com, and the name of your HR officer is Jide Kosoko, you could try something like jide.kosoko@edoboy.com or jkosoko@edoboy.com or jidekosoko@edoboy.com (Just keep trying different combinations till one mail gets delivered). It's better than waiting to be sent a link to apply.

Re: My Testimony by stunner7(m): 6:26am On Oct 15, 2016
Obi411:

3) Don't wait till job sites send you mails for job links, throw out your CVs everywhere you can online and offline. Advantage? It reduces competition. NBC, for instance, is recruiting nationwide, and tens of thousands of applications are received. Maybe only fifty is taken after all. But some other companies don't want to go through the stress of sieving thousands of CVs, they just go to their Careers mail bank and whittle down the numbers they have by a bit, send the desired profiles test invites, and -- a recruitment process begins. I stole a glance at the list of names of those invited for test when I took mine, the list was about a hundred-plus. Now, in training school, we're not up to 40. The whole process was fast, took less than one month. So, please, don't wait for openings till you send your CVs out, write mails to companies' HR units. It works.

Please Obi I will like to speak with you. You can send me your number to talkwithpero@yahoo.com. It is urgent. Thanks
Re: My Testimony by Luvlyna(f): 12:10am On Mar 09, 2019
Obi411:

Hi.. How was it like working with concept group

(1) (Reply)

Fistob Nigeria Limited, A Plastic Manufacturing Company (invites) / Massive Recruitment At TCC Mobile. / We Are Hiring - IQ Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.