Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad (39858 Views)

Prisoners Pay Between N70k To N300k To Live In VIP Section / Nigerian Prison Officer Brutalizes Son For Playing Football (Graphic Pics) / Prison Lords: Even As Kirikiri Inmates, They Coordinate Robberies In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by MzMercie: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
Wia do d prisoners get d money from? Wonders shall never cease Wia do d prisoners get d money from? Wonders shall never cease

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by engrhorla(m): 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
wendycindy:
Na wa o. Nigeria we hail thee

You are indirectly singing Nigeria's first anthem cheesy
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by MzMercie: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
Wia do d prisoners get d money from? Wonders shall never cease
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by banmee(m): 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
Vendoor:

Wow... I didn't know it was that bad embarassed

Oh, it's that bad. Disastrous infact.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by Fesisko(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
No wonder inmates are more hardened when they eventually regain freedom.too bad! Buhari should please beem His anti corruption torch light to the prison service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by Barigaboy(m): 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
Before nkor they would surely deny. If dis is what is happening exactly then criminals will never regret and stop their bad ways if they r released they wud go after whoever cos their arrest n make sure they r killed. Prison or business centre. Criminal they use hi pad definately he is communicating with people with high connections. Na wao, though am against bad food n mosquito cos some of d prisoners will be innocenty but not full comfort then where is d punishment for d warder I pity their family. U can use criminal income to raise a good family.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by wendycindy(f): 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
engrhorla:

You are indirectly singing Nigeria's first anthem cheesy
wink grin
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by einsteine(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is a foolish opinion. Harsh treatment does not lead to rehabilitation. Rather, it leads to more hardened crimes. Criminals who were previously non violent would become violent and hostile. Punishment has never been a way to discourage criminals. The only way to discourage criminals is to make it harder to commit crime. Treating criminals harshly can never serve as a way of reform. And to think this is supposed to be a medium security prison.

MisterPresident:
The condition of prisons in Nigeria maybe terrible but there's some good side to this.

Prisons are meant to rehabilitate inmates, but because most countries does not have the necessary personnel and equipment for this, it is not possible. Moreover, there is little proof that even well-equipped prisons can rehabilitate an inmate.

So this harsh treatment serves as a form of rehabilitation. At least when u remember how difficult it was in prison, you should be discouraged from doing the things that put you in there in the first place.

In places like US, some people will rather live in prison than as a free man because they are treated well. Imagine that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by bamirotola: 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
Tell me one sector Nigeria that is not corrupt ... God unto ur hands I lay d soul of this country... only u can intervene
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by paparazzi1987(m): 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
Tolexander:
The Warders are more corrupt that the police officers we see everyday!

The prison alumnus really tried for the prison donating generator and money for diesel for a whole year.

If other powerful prison alumni like Obasanjo, Bode George et al could emulate this man, our prisons would have been better than this.

grin grin grin you really got me cracking here ...Thanks for making my day

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by sekundosekundo: 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
ALAYORMII:
Why is all sector of the Nigerian society corrupted??

Lugard brought Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba together and called them one Nigeria. This is the beginning of corruption.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by almujeebe(m): 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
Those that are complaining, do you want Nigeria prison to be that of US or other developed countries ?
This is what will happen if you say Yes:
1. Due to hardship economy, everybody will prefer to be in prison than to be in his/her house where 3meal is not certain.
2. Rate of criminalties will be very high cos, everybody just want to be in prison(enjoyment Garden).
3. Their will be No hardworking cos their is a place u can go where u will be enjoying your life.

I do not pity those that are guilty of offense(s) that lead them to Nigeria prison. Whenever they are set free, they will be reminding life in prison and will nt want to return back.( Assumed Prison Lesson).
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by sekundosekundo: 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
MzMercie:

How old are you?. Insult not intended Pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by frinx: 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nigeria prisons are deformation centres rather than reformation...

Osa Director...

No sector or institution in this country is free of corruption.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by lozanni(m): 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
Where are our Ngos' ?
The Ngos' ought to be in the forefront in the fight to ensure that we get the much needed Prison reforms.
A situation where a minor offender comes out from Prison a more hardened criminal is very unpalatable and unfortunate. I remember the case of a British trained Doctor who was jailed for a minor offence and came out to join a gang of Robbers he met in Jail.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by adesanya2014: 11:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
Father lord I thank you for the fact that am not in this situation .
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by harrysjones(m): 11:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
no body among us in nairaland will go to prison in Jesus Name...amen....hit like for this post.... dont forget to check my signature...
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by einsteino(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
MisterPresident:
The condition of prisons in Nigeria maybe terrible but there's some good side to this.

Prisons are meant to rehabilitate inmates, but because most countries does not have the necessary personnel and equipment for this, it is not possible. Moreover, there is little proof that even well-equipped prisons can rehabilitate an inmate.

So this harsh treatment serves as a form of rehabilitation. At least when u remember how difficult it was in prison, you should be discouraged from doing the things that put you in there in the first place.

In places like US, some people will rather live in prison than as a free man because they are treated well. Imagine that.

what rubbish are you typing? so corruption, sodomy, denying them medical attention appeals to your reasoning? to even think that most of these inmates are detainees awaiting trial rather than convicts. plus with the way nigerian police frame people up, you or your relatives may one day find yourself in their shoes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by nonjebose(m): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
MzMercie:
from visiting friends and relatives, wonders have ceased now, lol
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by Sayelabola(m): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
Anyone who has read Thorns In My Boots - A Soldier's Travail by Awoleye will agree with all the revelations in the story.

In case you missed the literature, here is a link...

https://www.nairaland.com/1995833/thorns-boot....a-soldiers-travail
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by AfroKnight: 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
And when Cameron called us fantastically corrupt some fools were angry. Corruption is now part of the culture of this country.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by mzzhavilah(f): 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
It all ends in denial. No agency for further investigation .it will just be anoda case dat will be swept under d carpet cos the right body won't do anytin abt it,dis and oda pressing issues dat needs attending to will be neglected. God help us.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by saintdennis(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
Guys a friend @ uba told me they were taken to ikoyi prisons like a Phil trip and preview of what to expect if they are caught in fraudulent acts.

He was really terrified @ their living conditions UNTIL they got to the VIP section, Chaii. See inmates dey wear Nike airmax?! See lister gen see fresh men.

Even the female bankers were tripping lols.

The only thing he took away from that experience was if u must steal, steal big!

Also anyone who attended uniben and got arrested and taken to bdpa(estate) police station knows u gats carry 'rent money' lols. So if Naxo for oridnary holding cell...how prison wan be?!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by Perfecttouch(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
skelewu404:
lalasticlala
seun osenwa
irunobo
lady f

pls people should find a way to spend a week there n report back to us
dem ur family members don die? Tell them to go and spend some time there and give you feed back.arindi ashiere Omo jatijati. Kirikiri grade 1 candidate oshi.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by DaBullIT(m): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2016
Apparently you don't know what you are talking about

Harsh conditions rehabilitate people or hardens them ?

You recieve the best and hottest robbery , kidnapping, bunkering , generally all crime connections if you go to prison

And your perception about people wanting to be in Prison in USA is a big fat lie

try better next time
MisterPresident:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by obinoral1179(m): 12:28am On Jul 10, 2016
Tolexander:
The Warders are more corrupt that the police officers we see everyday!

The prison alumnus really tried for the prison donating generator and money for diesel for a whole year.

If other powerful prison alumni like Obasanjo, Bode George et al could emulate this man, our prisons would have been better than this.
kia see as you used style drag baba iyabo enter this matter. Naija I hail thee.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by ledaman: 12:39am On Jul 10, 2016
Naijà my great country! how can relative of an inmates send recharge cards to them?
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by LaExpert: 12:47am On Jul 10, 2016
When we say 'loot recovery' is far from 'fighting corruption,' many will hound me. If I loot and it is returned without me getting a good punishment or public embarrassment, next time I'll loot more smartly.

I've had a first hand experience with ex convicts and I have no doubts about this report. The corruption is deep and inherent is every part of the system...many Nigerians aren't ready to change.

I think we need the death sentence for corruption cases and many other crimes for now, at least, to restore sanity and create an awareness of how serious these problems are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by joepentwo(m): 12:52am On Jul 10, 2016
Nigeria shud b change to corrupt nation,,bkus evrytink has bin corrupted
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by truthspeaks: 12:53am On Jul 10, 2016
U have nothing to say? Or u don't want to jail d jailers? Tot ur buhari was suppose to extinct all forms of corruption cheesy
HungerBAD:
Okay.
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by truthspeaks: 12:59am On Jul 10, 2016
Pls inform Buharinho of dis corruption so he can send d efcc
Vendoor:
The corruption in Nigeria prison is more than what you find in the society. And prisons are suppose to be rehabilitation centres.

I pity this country
Re: Nigerian Prison Where Inmates Pay Between N30k To N100k To Use phones & ipad by truthspeaks: 1:04am On Jul 10, 2016
Are u surprised? corruption is 9ja's surname. A country whr leaders don't realize dat followers hv wisened up n evrybody don open eye for sharp runz
ALAYORMII:
Why is all sector of the Nigerian society corrupted??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

29-Year-Old Man Rapes 15-Year-Old Girl In Delta (Photos) / Angry Villagers Beat Armed Robber To Death In Bauchi (Graphic Photo) / Maryam Sanda Cuddles Her Baby In Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.