Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,153 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? (1298 Views)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Why We Are Importing Grass By Minister Of Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by nairarules: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2016
I am planning to go into grass cutter farming, but I lack the required knowledge. I am using this medium to request for a detailed know-how from experience grass cutter farmers.

I would love to know

- how to design and build the cage to keep them

- Where to buy the first family

And all other required details.

PS: Practical Grass Cutter Farmers Contribution highly appreciated
Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by bbmoringa: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
nairarules:
I am planning to go into grass cutter farming, but I lack the required knowledge. I am using this medium to request for a detailed know-how from experience grass cutter farmers.

I would love to know

I love ur passion to go into grasscutter farming,frm my experience,kindly look for other more rewarding farm ventures to do other than grasscutter,let m give u little intro abt myself,i am a consultant of grasscutter,i have experience workg both in nigeria & some other west african countries,stocked d farms of abt 3 governors with grasscutter,so in a nutshell,dont invest into grasscutter for now,it is an advice.hope to c u doing great exploits in agric.
Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by nairarules: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
bbmoringa:
I love ur passion to go into grasscutter farming,frm my experience,kindly look for other more rewarding farm ventures to do other than grasscutter,let m give u little intro abt myself,i am a consultant of grasscutter,i have experience workg both in nigeria & some other west african countries,stocked d farms of abt 3 governors with grasscutter,so in a nutshell,dont invest into grasscutter for now,it is an advice.hope to c u doing great exploits in agric.

I can fish out the exact reasons why you advised me against Grasscutter farming.

Please state reasons
Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by nairarules: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2016
??
Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by bbmoringa: 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
nairarules:

I can fish out the exact reasons why you advised me against Grasscutter farming.

Please state reasons
Let me go more theoretical with u:pneumonia is too common in the flock due to our weather,so keeping gc is a mirrage in nigeria,even farmers in benin republic that started the trade are gradually going into extintion,secondly,traumachosomeism is another thing,this implies gc showing its 90% domestic trait even in captivity,if the farmer is not observant,can wipe out a whole generation from a farm.lastly,its long gestation period & low production sequence also combined with the high rate of capital for its establishment makes it discouraging compared to other agro-ventures.
Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by obstead200(m): 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
nairarules:
I would love to know
bbmoringa:
Let me go more theoretical with u:pneumonia is too common in the flock due to our weather,so keeping gc is a mirrage in nigeria,even farmers in benin republic that started the trade are gradually going into extintion,secondly,traumachosomeism is another thing,this implies gc showing its 90% domestic trait even in captivity,if the farmer is not observant,can wipe out a whole generation from a farm.lastly,its long gestation period & low production sequence also combined with the high rate of capital for its establishment makes it discouraging compared to other agro-ventures.
OP nairarules, bbmoringa who replied u may be right in his assertions. But at the same time he may be very very wrong. Maybe he wants to corner the market for himself (unlikely), or maybe he was just a very bad farmer/ consultant who made and also kept repeating terrible mistakes that made him fail in grasscutter farming (this is what I prefer to believe).
My advice is that u go out and get facts for urself. If it means going to Benin republic, do so. Visit the farms of pple and find out how they do it, what they do wrong and what they do right. Ask them about dis experience. Get them to train u. Make sure u get enough first hand info to let u decide of the business is ok for u.
Don't sit on ur computer and allow someone u've never met to kill ur dreams.

But from my little research, it appears grasscutters rarely do well in captivity. Also the gestation period issue is also true. But I guess these issues are what could be solved with research on the best practices for managing the animals and also controlled breeding to produce a higher quality specie. It is just a pity that with the over 15 agricultural research agencies in this country, they do practically zero research.
Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by Baroba(m): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
OP Contact Chinedu Eluwa on Facebook or YouTube, he is a grasscutter farmer at Onitsha and a successful one at that... You can check out his videos on YouTube as well..
Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by bbmoringa: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Why do pple love deceit & lies?i have tried to tell u d truth but kindly follow ur heart,in this wide world,how could som1 be so foolish to say i want to corner u in the biz!if that is d way u corner pple pls count m out.

1 Like

Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by nairarules: 10:31am On Jul 12, 2016
I appreciate all who contributed, ... One thing I believe is.... ' Difficulty does not actually means Impossibility' rules are meant to be broken.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Any Grass Cutter Farmer In The Building? by Ikwecheghi12: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2017
Any body in aba,who has a grass cutter farm?

(1) (Reply)

Benin-city Hydroponics Training / Can Rice Grow In Oyo State? / Black Pepper Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.