Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,569 members, 7,812,840 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed (7823 Views)

My Venture On Europe Route(my Journey To Europe By Road) / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by FEGEITOK: 9:07am On Jul 10, 2016
Business has demanded that I go to Ilorin next week.

I feel it is a sin to have a car and use public transportation.

Certainly those whose loved ones have cars and who have perished in public transportation will agree.

I place a great premium on life and so do not take unnecessary risks and my vehicle is very well maintained.

Google suggests two routes - Via Niger State and Via Kogi State.

Here Maps suggests three routes - two via Kogi and one via Niger State

Is there another route? You know, You cannot find the route taken by commercial vehicles from Lagos to Abuja via Google!

The other issue is what is the state of that road?

Is it safe to drive?

What should I be worried of?

What should I plan for?

What should I look out for?

Who has plied it recently?

What happens if it rains? Does it flood?

How many hours does it take?

Thanks

Re: Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by LadunaI(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2016
FEGEITOK:
Business has demanded that I go to Ilorin next week.

I feel it is a sin to have a car and use public transportation.

Certainly those whose loved ones have cars and who have perished in public transportation will agree.

I place a great premium on life and so do not take unnecessary risks and my vehicle is very well maintained.

Google suggests two routes - Via Niger State and Via Kogi State.

Here Maps suggests three routes - two via Kogi and one via Niger State

Is there another route? You know, You cannot find the route taken by commercial vehicles from Lagos to Abuja via Google!

The other issue is what is the state of that road?

Is it safe to drive?

What should I be worried of?

What should I plan for?

What should I look out for?

Who has plied it recently?

What happens if it rains? Does it flood?

How many hours does it take?

Thanks

I wish you journey mercy from whatever route you eventual take!

That been said, I reside in Ilorin and have been travelling to Abuja several times in the past.

Firstly, most commercial vehicle in the state ply thru kogi - Ekiti state route because the route is ok and somehow safe, as there is no heavy traffic of those big trucks. The down side is often very confuse route for somebody that has not taken that route before.

Secondly, the Niger axis happen to be next one people use, though the road is good except kidnapping happening along there recently. Also, you should expect heavy truck traffic along mokwa-jebba-ilorin road. Though very straight forward to navigate unlike the above.

The last is through Kogi obanjana road where most motorist has long abandoned because the road is badly damaged and not motorable.

Good luck and safe journey!

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by FEGEITOK: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
LadunaI:

That been said, I reside in Ilorin and have been travelling to Abuja several times in the past.

Firstly, most commercial vehicle in the state ply thru kogi - Ekiti state route because the route is ok and somehow safe, as there is no heavy traffic of those big trucks. The down side is often very confuse route for somebody that has not taken that route before.

Secondly, the Niger axis happen to be next one people use, though the road is good except kidnapping happening along there recently. Also, you should expect heavy truck traffic along mokwa-jebba-ilorin road. Though very straight forward to navigate unlike the above.

The last is through Kogi obanjana road where most motorist has long abandoned because the road is badly damaged and not motorable.

Thanks a million dearest friend from Ilorin

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2018
LadunaI:

hi, i know this is an old post but I'm in a dilemma,i have to go to Ilorin tomorrow morning but I don't know where the park is in abj,pls do you have any idea?
Re: Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by LadunaI(m): 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
Oluwamuyeewa:

hi, i know this is an old post but I'm in a dilemma,i have to go to Ilorin tomorrow morning but I don't know where the park is in abj,pls do you have any idea?
I think is Jabi market. You will see section for cars and buses going to Ilorin via either Kogi-Obajana route or lokoja-ekiti.

Safe Journey
Re: Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2018
LadunaI:

I think is Jabi market. You will see section for cars and buses going to Ilorin via either Kogi-Obajana route or lokoja-ekiti.

Safe Journey

bless you bro!!! thanks

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by kennedyemmy: 11:44am On May 13, 2021
LadunaI:

Safe Journey

I wish to travel from Abuja to Ilorin by 11:30am. Please where can I see buses or cars going to Ilorin by that time from Abuja? Thank you!
Re: Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by LadunaI(m): 2:19pm On May 13, 2021
kennedyemmy:

I wish to travel from Abuja to Ilorin by 11:30am. Please where can I see buses or cars going to Ilorin by that time from Abuja? Thank you!
Of course at Jabi garrage you will always get cats or buses coming to Ilorin till evening as far as I know.

So check the place asap, sorry for the delay just seeing the post now.
Re: Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed by akachukwuakaya: 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
What are current realities on the possible travel routes from Abuja to Illorin? Any info will be helpful.

(1) (Reply)

RUSSIA 2018-how To Get There.first Hand Experience Of A Brazil 2014 Attendee. / My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures / Peace Ntuk Survives An Accident, Testifies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.