Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,971 members, 7,866,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State (1119 Views)

Soldier Traveling From Kaduna To Abuja Killed By 2 Men While Fixing Tyre.Graphic / Evangelist Arrested For Detaining ‘Witches’ In Ghana / 2 Men Who Use Juju To Grab Lands Murdered In Anambra (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by obiremy: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
Damn!!! Man's inhumanity to man. Two elderly men were burnt to death by an angry mob in Akwa Ikot Effanga in Akpabuyo LGA of Cross Rivers state on Sunday, July 3.According to Leo Igwe, who published the post on Facebook, the men identified as Chief Bassey Effiom Ngwe and Mr Asuquo Effing Etim were lynched by a mob after a native doctor accused them of being responsible for the deaths of several young people in the village. 

"The native doctor is currently in police custody but according to my local contact person none of those who killed the alleged witches had been arrested. There are concerns that the matter may eventually die, that the 'native doctors' could be released any moment from now and nobody would be brought to justice! UPDATE(1) Last night, some hoodlums suspected to be part of the lynch mob attacked and looted the home of one of the alleged witches because the son is helping the police with the investigation and arrests. The young man is living in fear for his life." In a later update on July 7, Mr Igwe, who worked at International Humanist and Ethical Union called on the Assistant Commissioner of Police to investigate the matter and arrest those involved in the murder of the men.

"ACT NOW. I am using this medium to ask you to contact ACP Bunmi Osoko (TEL NO. +2348033004406) Officer in-charge State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department, Cross River State police headquarters (Nigeria) and urge him to investigate and bring to justice those who lynched TWO ALLEGED WITCHES, CHIEF BASSEY EFFIOM NGWE and MR ASUQUO EFFIONG ETIM from Akwa Ikot Effanga in Akpabuyo LGA, Cross River State, Nigeria.

(Graphic: See attached the blazing remains of Chief Bassey Effiom Ngwe)

The alleged witches were killed by a lynch mob ON SUNDAY JULY 3 2016 after a 'native doctor' declared that they were responsible for several deaths of young people in the village. The native doctor is currently in police custody but according to my local contact person, none of those who killed the alleged witches had been arrested. There are concerns that the matter may eventually die if pressure is not brought on the Nigerian state and police authorities to bring the perpetrators to justice! In addition, the lynch mob had attacked and looted the house of CHIEF BASSEY EFFIOM NGWE after the son reported the case to the police. The son has fled the community and is currently in hiding.

We need you to take urgent action NOW!
PLEASE call ACP Bunmi Osoko (TEL NO. +2348033004406). You can also contact the Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari, the Governor of Cross River, Benedict Ayade, Inspector General of Police in Abuja to take action on the matter! 
Witch hunting must stop. Witch hunters must be brought to justice"

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/graphic-photo-angry-mob-burns-2-men.html

Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by mhisbliss(f): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
Haba, this village people with thier archaic way of life , he just declared them witches and they're killed.

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by zico530(m): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
Black man's mentality. Is this not where Mary Slensor stopped this killing of twins and we are now praying to have triplets?

1 Like

Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
What's wrong with people from Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom always accusing themselves of witch craft.

No sense of humanity, must they be burnt. That was how they almost killed that little boy(hope) of starvation.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by princeakins(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
herbie27:
What's wrong with people in Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom always accusing themselves of witch craft.

Heartless set of human being

One is Senior winch the other is junior winch grin

Fight for supremacy wink dnt blame them
Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
So wat?, if they were found guilty of witchcraft they shld have jst banished them.

That's how it was done in my place back then.
princeakins:

One is Senior winch the other is junior winch grin

Fight for supremacy wink dnt blame them
Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by princeakins(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
herbie27:
So wat?, if they were found guilty of witchcraft they shld have jst banished them.

That's how it was done in my place back then.

U See u said it, bck then buh now

That doesnt wrk in d 21century grin

It jungle justice so dt dr wont b a hope for return ...

Btw ur yet to follow bck.. dnt for voting kick of tomao.. mk urz count for me..

How is sunday balling at ya end kiss
Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
princeakins:

U See u said it, bck then buh now

That doesnt wrk in d 21century grin

It jungle justice so dt dr wont b a hope for return ...

Btw ur yet to follow bck.. dnt for voting kick of tomao.. mk urz count for me..

How is sunday balling at ya end kiss
I think our lineal descendants were more humans than this ur 21st century people that are involve in jungle justice. cheesy will check it up later.
Yahoo consumes data with all its sophistication.
Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by princeakins(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
herbie27:
I think our lineal descendants were more humans than this ur 21st century people that are involve in jungle justice. cheesy will check it up later.
Yahoo consumes data with all its sophistication.
Ur 21th century indeed grin

U dnt nid yahoo to follow bck or mayb i jux didnt get it..
Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
princeakins:
Ur 21th century indeed grin

U dnt nid yahoo to follow bck or mayb i jux didnt get it..

My phone Os needs upgrade, i don't get direct mails on my phone, have to log in2 yahoo to access that.
Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by SurefireFashion: 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Witches or Wizard

1 Like

Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by princeakins(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
herbie27:
My phone Os needs upgrade, i don't get direct mails on my phone, have to log in2 yahoo to access that.
ok,

Mk tomao count
Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by Daeveed(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hansel nd Gretel
Re: Graphic Pics:Angry Mob Burns 2 Men Accused Of Being Witches In Cross River State by kayo80(m): 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
I weep for Africans. When will we wake up? Why are we so backward?

(1) (Reply)

Two Student Cultists Nabbed With Weapons In A Bush In Imo State . PICS/Video / Major Maxwell Adam Mahama Buried (Burial Photos) / Charms Fail As Soldiers Gun Down Dreaded Leaders Of Greenlanders Cult In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.