Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember (49147 Views)

Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) / Where Can I Download English Telenovelas? / All Time Nollywood Movies Of The 90s (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Temmytea70(m): 6:49am On Jul 11, 2016
Abdul9025:
nice 1 OP..
I'm still hav second chance theme music in my phone

second chance is the best

RIP Lorena Rojas

I'm still have
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by PUKKA25: 6:54am On Jul 11, 2016
The Last Ship
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by cruz97(m): 6:58am On Jul 11, 2016
Omg,passions..old days
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Kelvin0(m): 7:02am On Jul 11, 2016
Breadfruit:

Remember Rodamas Pasanta? And the guys name was Hohe or some like that....
yup, its Jorge de la Rosa, but is pronounced Hohe de la rosa

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Kelvin0(m): 7:07am On Jul 11, 2016
jnrbayano:

That soap was aired around 1996.....that made you compulsorily under 6 at that time...

How a below 6year old followed a soap is strange to me. smiley

Yup very strange, i was 6 then but i had d wisdom of a 12year old.

I can even recall every single match in the 1996 Olympics n how a man in our compound lifted our Black and white Tv set in the same way Nigeria lifted d trophy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by kendrick9(m): 7:13am On Jul 11, 2016
Your list is missing All about camilla
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by kasimseun(m): 7:22am On Jul 11, 2016
What about Buffy the vampire slayer....... #teambuffy

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Abdul9025(m): 7:33am On Jul 11, 2016
Temmytea70:

I'm still have
SwiftKey
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by gungab(m): 7:38am On Jul 11, 2016
girl4rmspace:

go to wapwon.com and type passions episode 1, you would find them all
its my favourite soap opera of all time
me too thanks
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by duni04(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2016
When you are mine was 90's? OP don fall hand angry
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by GuyFawkes: 7:49am On Jul 11, 2016
Missy89:

Old man grin

Lol I bet we were both born in the 80's cheesy
I swear I knew you were gonna mention me I just had a hunch.
The OP shud have said if u were born in the 80's jare, those shows were mid 90's.

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by 0ubenji(m): 8:08am On Jul 11, 2016
ericlove4all:

Secret of the sand was Tuesday and Wednesday 7.30pm to 8.30 pm NTA 2 channel 5 - year 1996 and 1997 ( it used to interfere with Uefa Champion league and we got a 2nd TV then cos of it. Escava isaura was aired just before secret of the sand

WILD ROSE replaced NO ONE BUT U which replaced THE RICH ALSO CRY

The rich also cry was in 1993/1994 NTA10 Monday to Friday@7.30 to 8pm it was temporary stopped during the world cup in 1994

No one but you was in 1995 Nta10 BTW 7.30 to 8pm Monday to Friday

Wild Rose was in all NTA channels apart from NTA 2 and was aired at 10 to 10.30pm Monday to Friday 1995/1996 and part of 1997

Lady of the Rose was run the same period of wild rose but was on Saturday and Sunday 10 to 11pm

Others were passion, ...... Rebecca b4 I stopped watching all these

I dnt fink I can argue wit u even if u might be wrong on that secrets of the sand airing times..
Coz u were so on point with d odaz..that 'no one but u' u mentioned juz game me some nostalgia..
Some gud ol' memories floodin in..
U recall one Nigeria soap? " Wind of destiny" uh?
I'm tryin to recall if I actually mistook its airing times for SECRETS OF THE SAND coz I used to like em' both so much..
But somehow I stil fink itz sundays oo..
Afta secrets of the sand broke my heart with their ambiguous ending..mehn I vowed never to fall in love wit any telenovella again..lolz..
Even wen PASSIONS came in the early 2000's..na half mind I use watch am for the fear of heartbrk(which eventuali apund too)
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by pietro316: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2016
Secrets of the sand was on point.. Passions.. Very dope! But we are forgetting Isaura the slave girl... grin
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Dexema(m): 8:39am On Jul 11, 2016
omolola15:
This list is not complete. You left out one telenovela my sisters would die for back in the days. Even Mariam my neighbor no dey let person rest back then.

MARIA DE LOS ANGELES... One of the reasons my Saturday is always interesting.

I love passion as well. And also second chance was nice. But it was the last telenovela I saw.
bless u for adding maria de los angeles. Enjoyed passions and secret of the sand i even have that wonderful theme song for it. Ever since I have stopped watching telenovellas feel they are dumb same as indian series.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by murphymakun(m): 8:48am On Jul 11, 2016
Op don fall ma hand i was like thinking he will mention NO ONE BUT YOU, THE RICH ALSO CRY, SARTIBRABRA AND SIARA THE SLAVE GIRL
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Rosebud90: 8:51am On Jul 11, 2016
clow:
Y'all forgot to Mention Sledge Hammer..."Trust Me,I know what I am Doing!!!!
....lol and don't forget superman...."flying to the 21st century"
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by shankie: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2016
Op u fail to include no one but u, and the riches also cry.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Kobicove(m): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2016
The rich also cry
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by shankie: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2016
murphymakun:
Op don fall ma hand i was like thinking he will mention NO ONE BUT YOU, THE RICH ALSO CRY, SARTIBRABRA AND SIARA THE SLAVE GIRL

Abi now, how will no one but u and the rich also cry will not make d list and op called it telenovella of 90s
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Omolola1(f): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2016
Passions was so my favorite...
8pm or 9pm on AiT, can't remember...would then go to school the following day to talk about the episode with friends...

I still remember the sound track vaguely:
"I would hold the hands of the one who'd take me places
And kiss the lips of the one who seems so sweet
And I would fly on the wings of the bird
And it would take me higher...
You are the fire burning inside of me,
You are my passion for life." grin cool
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Henz24(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2016
girl4rmspace:
Passions is the greatest of them all. And also the most unique with its added supernatural elements..
I concur, better by far, louis remains my favourite character, charity my worst character
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Henz24(m): 10:31am On Jul 11, 2016
Omolola1:
Passions was so my favorite...
8pm or 9pm on AiT, can't remember...would then go to school the following day to talk about the episode with friends...

I still remember the sound track vaguely:
"I would hold the hands of the one who'd take me places
And kiss the lips of the one who seems so sweet
And I would fly on the wings of the bird
And it would take me higher...
You are the fire burning inside of me,
You are my passion for life." grin cool
chai, den we wud pray our teachers have a meeting that will keep them away for long so we could talk about passion, abn is proud to present to u passion...

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by mattmogan88: 10:31am On Jul 11, 2016
you 4got AKUJI:the heartless..... lolz
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Oyindaberry(f): 10:32am On Jul 11, 2016
[/color] you are my passion for life kiss[color=#990000] you are my passion for life
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by femora007(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2016
Have search for THE SECOND CHANCE everywhere I know but didn't find it. Do anyone know how I can get it
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Afam4eva(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2016
Secret of sand was drugs in the 90s and i was fascinated with the characters especilly Ruth, Rachael, Antonio, Mr Virgilio, Chicken legs et al.

I also enjoyed Passions while i watched it. Sunset beach was also fun to watch and it was probably the last soap opera of American origin that i watched before the likes of "When you are mine", "Catalina and Sebastian", "Gardeners daughter", "All about Camilla", "Second Chance" etc.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Bhenehdikt(m): 10:45am On Jul 11, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Secrets of the sand, miss that one so Much
Passions don't know why it wasn't completed.very interesting soap. embarassed

Second chance another great one.

True,passions wasn't completed..Na wen d tin come dey sweet dem stop the programme..
we didn't know if Sheridan actually woke up
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Nickymezor(f): 10:47am On Jul 11, 2016
tosyne2much:
I'm a very romantic person oooo, Nicky wink
Nice den smiley
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by bonechamberlain(m): 10:50am On Jul 11, 2016
Bhenehdikt:

True,passions wasn't completed..Na wen d tin come dey sweet dem stop the programme..
we didn't know if Sheridan actually woke up
u still remember their names me I don forget am since. Apart from timi that small man grin
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Bhenehdikt(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2016
bonechamberlain:
u still remember their names me I don forget am since. Apart from timi that small man grin

I still remember Timi,that small man wey dey turn to doll.lolz..
and Louis also,Sheridan love

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by oluwabishop: 11:02am On Jul 11, 2016
I thought the thread was for soaps aired in the 90's. Only 2 were aired in the 90's, Secrets of the sand and Passions. The rest were post 2000. That Passions though, had us running back from midweek church service just to catch up with it on AIT. Good old days. I remember Sheridan and Timi, and yes, the final scenes of having an alive but unconscious person in a coffin ready to be buried. Whatever happened later?

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by girl4rmspace(f): 11:06am On Jul 11, 2016
Henz24:
I concur, better by far, louis remains my favourite character, charity my worst character

charity worst? No way, she's my favourite female character. Louis and Miguel rocks too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

One-Legged Lady Dancer For Yemi Alade's Dance Competition Breaks The Internet / Nollywood Releases 2015 Election Movie About Buhari!(pic) / #bbnaija: Housemates Get Almost Equal Votes On Online Polls As Voting Closes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.