Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road (9451 Views)

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by ladja2013: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
I am travelling to Ghana for the first time to buy some goods and I want to go buy roads. I want to know which transport company is good, the location and cost and if the bus will be able to carry my goods back to lagos and the best market for second hand shoes and bags. Also recommend for me low cost guest houses to stay. Will stay in Accra
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by itsmisterdavid: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
Use cross-country to go to gh(they are located at yaba in Lagos
Other transports going to gh are: abc, goXpress, chisco, god is good.

I use them (cross country) most times.
Or you can get a car from mile 2 ( I've also used one of those guys before to gh)

Fares range from 18k and upward (depending on if you have international passport or not)

As for bringing your goods back, you should use one of the big coastal buses of cross country too, or you can enter a private smaller car if its not too much (located at TUDU park in Accra )

Dont spend more than 50-100 Ghana cedis per night for accommodation at any moderate guest house to minimize cost.

Lemme know if you need any more advice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by ladja2013: 6:24am On Jul 11, 2016
itsmisterdavid:

Or you can get a car from mile 2 ( I've also used one of those guys before to gh)

Fares range from 18k and upward (depending on if you have international passport or not)

As for bringing your goods back, you should use one of the big coastal buses of cross country too, or you can enter a private smaller car if its not too much (located at TUDU park in Accra )

Dont spend more than 50-100 Ghana cedis per night for accommodation at any moderate guest house to minimize cost.

Thanks and God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by byvan03: 11:28am On Jul 14, 2016
OP when you return, please update me on the prices of goods there, including Ghana wrappers and gold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by Bobbybenard(m): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
itsmisterdavid:

I'm an interested fellow that have been looking for an insight regarding going to Ghana. Bro,your inputs are fantastic. Please can I ask you some questions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by ifyalways(f): 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
byvan03:
OP when you return, please update me on the prices of goods there, including Ghana wrappers and gold.
Wrappers?Yes. Gold? By all means not now.
The strict government policies on mining has made gold business a no-go area now especially for Non-Ghanaians.
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by ifyalways(f): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
ladja2013:
I am travelling to Ghana for the first time to buy some goods and I want to go buy roads. I want to know which transport company is good, the location and cost and if the bus will be able to carry my goods back to lagos and the best market for second hand shoes and bags. Also recommend for me low cost guest houses to stay. Will stay in Accra
If its your first time and you are going for business NEVER enter a car from Mile 2. Go to Yaba and join Efex, Cross country or Chisco.

When returning with goods your best bet is Young shall grow . Their office is at Caprice. You pay for your goods alongside your bus fares so you wont have to worry about customs etc as they do the settlement. Don't use small cars at Tudu too. You would be OYO at each border to settle and if it gets bad, the driver will offload you and your goods and move on. Tudu routes are for people that are well conversant with the route, have the whole time in the world, people with no luggage and folks that know people within border controls.
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by ifyalways(f): 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
For accommodation, I recommend Grand view hotel.
Its right there at UTC, walking distance from the Accra Market and owned by a Nigeria. The room rates are pocket friendly too ie from 50 Ghc/night

http://new.grandviewhotel.com.gh/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by byvan03: 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
ifyalways:
Wrappers?Yes. Gold? By all means not now.
The strict government policies on mining has made gold business a no-go area now especially for Non-Ghanaians.

Wow!! Thanks very much Ify.
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by ifyalways(f): 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
byvan03:

Wow!! Thanks very much Ify.
You're welcome. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by Privy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
@ifyalways and others that are familiar with Ghana,
Please I would appreciate if you can help me answer these questions:

1. I was informed that the buses (Cross-country, abc etc) have their garages around Circle. Is it a safe area (crime-wise)?

2. What is the standard and affordable means of local transport within Accra (especially the immediate environs of "Circle"wink?

3. How much would be the reasonable cost of transport for a family of three or four from Circle to the international airport in Accra? And through what medium of transport (taxi or bus or what)?

4. What places/locations are worth visiting "Circle"(or the immediate environs in Accra)?

5. What are the hints you can give a Nigerian visiting Accra for the first time?

Thanks in expectation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by ifyalways(f): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
Circle = Oshodi. Shine your eyes.
ABC and cross country etc have their offices close to circle, not at circle. With a taxi on arrival, you can avoid getting to circle.

2. Individual preference. Buses are ok only if you know the name of the stops. There are taxi's everywhere.

3. One way airport transfer from circle area falls between 20 to 30 ghc

4. What's the fuss with circle? Circle at night is a red light district o, all night open market and food vending. There are other places worth visiting in Accra.

5. Ghanaians don't actually trust us so don't expect much from them. Don't litter the streets. Don't try to jump queues. Ask questions when not sure. Go with enough money.

1 Like

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by nuelnuel: 8:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
Sorry is 18k for return ticket or just one way?
itsmisterdavid:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by Privy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
Thank u very much Ifyalways.
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by stepo707: 8:59am On May 25, 2017
men fares have gone up.And am travelling next month.Which bus compoany is recommended.

cc ifyalways
ifyalways:
Circle = Oshodi. Shine your eyes.
ABC and cross country etc have their offices close to circle, not at circle. With a taxi on arrival, you can avoid getting to circle.

2. Individual preference. Buses are ok only if you know the name of the stops. There are taxi's everywhere.

3. One way airport transfer from circle area falls between 20 to 30 ghc

4. What's the fuss with circle? Circle at night is a red light district o, all night open market and food vending. There are other places worth visiting in Accra.

5. Ghanaians don't actually trust us so don't expect much from them. Don't litter the streets. Don't try to jump queues. Ask questions when not sure. Go with enough money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by olystic: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=stepo707 post=56855786]men fares have gone up.And am travelling next month.Which bus compoany is recommended.

ABC transport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by olystic: 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
ifyalways:
Its right there at UTC, walking distance from the Accra Market and owned by a Nigeria. The room rates are pocket friendly too ie from 50 Ghc/night

I dey Accra now I dey find d hotel I Dan dey pass along market now the traffic here na another thing. At the hotel now. All the cheap rooms were already fully booked and the once available come at 110ghc and the room is just there nothing special
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by YOUNGOLASH1: 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hi pls an going to Ghana for the first time and alone for holiday is this grand view hotel idea for someone going for holiday and tour, pls is it close to places i can visit pls?
Thanks in advance

ifyalways:

ifyalways:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by babakb: 7:45am On Oct 12, 2019
Who can help me here, I am in abuja and I have some Egusi and dry pepper I am thinking of exporting to Ghana by road, how do I even go about it, though I have not been to ghana before.
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by gentlebullet(m): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2019
YOUNGOLASH1:
Hi pls an going to Ghana for the first time and alone for holiday is this grand view hotel idea for someone going for holiday and tour, pls is it close to places i can visit pls?
Thanks in advance

There are lots of good and nice hotels in Accra, though hotels are expensive in Ghana compare to Nigeria and it's all about your budget.
Get on bookings.com,etc to check out the hotels that suits your budget.
About poxy to places you can visit? You didn't even list out the places you wanna visit in Accra. Moreover, you can always move around in trotro if cabs seems expensive for you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by gentlebullet(m): 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2019
babakb:
Who can help me here, I am in abuja and I have some Egusi and dry pepper I am thinking of exporting to Ghana by road, how do I even go about it, though I have not been to ghana before.
If the egusi and pepper are in large quantity, then you need a transport coy to cargo for you. ABC transport, Chisco, Young shall grow, Efex, Cross country, GUO, etc can help you cargo your wares to Accra from Lagos.
Do you have a market for them already in Ghana? But why dry pepper? There are lot of it in Ghana nau.... Well all the best boss
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by babakb: 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
gentlebullet:

If the egusi and pepper are in large quantity, then you need a transport coy to cargo for you. ABC transport, Chisco, Young shall grow, Efex, Cross country, GUO, etc can help you cargo your wares to Accra from Lagos.
Do you have a market for them already in Ghana? But why dry pepper? There are lot of it in Ghana nau.... Well all the best boss

You have a point, since i have IP maybe i should visit Ghana before i make a decision.
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by gentlebullet(m): 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
babakb:

You have a point, since i have IP maybe i should visit Ghana before i make a decision.
YES!!! Visit first, do your market survey and probably get someone on ground who's willing to buy your commodities, compare cost price, cargo cost and the selling price then the prevailing exchange rates... If you are convince of good profit, then you strike!
All the best boss
Re: I Need Good Transport Company To Take A Trip To Ghana By Road by Annie001: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
YOUNGOLASH1:
Thanks in advance

Did you later go please?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Ajao Estate, Isolo From Ikorodu? / An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account / One Dies In Lagos Tanker Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.