Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? (1635 Views)

Messi - Real Madrid Will Strive To Resuscitate As They Do Every Year / MESSI; A Legend Or The Greatest / Funny Pictures That Describe Ronaldo And Messi (real Madrid Vs Barca) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Lionel Andres Messi, the 5 time world footballer of the year and undoubtedly the most decorated football player ever.
Leo as he is foundly called, joined the Barcelona first team from the Barcelona B team in 2004, and from then he has never failed to impress in any of his 12 years in Catalonia.

With 8 la liga titles,3 Uefa champions league titles, as well as 4 Copal del Rey amongst others, A prolific goal scorer with 348 goals in 312 appearances for Barcelona including 5 ballon d'or awards in between those years, it is clear to see that Messi has achieved all that there is to achieve in Barcelona.
Messi has spent 12 years at the Camp-nou,and has broken almost every record there is to break, and won every possible trophy in club level with Barcelona.
It begs the question, if At 29,Messi should be looking to take on a new adventure in a new club/league, just to add a bit of variety to his trophy accolade.
Messi's title as arguably the greatest footballer ever is undisputed and cannot be over emphasized. But, Leo at 29 should be setting his sights on conquering a new terrain, perhaps 2 years ago might have been the most ideal Time for him to have made that switch. But it is never too late, clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea are willing to pay whatever it takes to bring the diminutive Argentine to England.
But Messi has always rejected offers to move ahead and see what life is like on the other side.

Alot of other great players have dominated in so many other leagues, gathering cults of ardent and loyal supporters in different clubs, setting new records in differnt Jerseys.
His closest rival Ronaldo, have already set the English Premier league ablaze with Manchester United, And question marks cannot arise in the future about the Portuguese player's ability to conquer any playing stage in the world.

Question marks hover over Messi's outstanding achievements,perhaps it may be more pronounced when he finally quits, if eventually he decides to end it at Camp-Nou. Questions like, would he have been able to replicate such somewhere else? in another jersey?with new teammates? in a new league? e.t.c. With his recent struggles with Argentina, and with his shock retirement from International football, he may just be proving the critics right.

It makes perfect sense to move on now, after winning all that there is to win at least twice, it seems like a good decision for him to draw the curtains in Spain to a close,wave goodbye to his boyhood club and prepare for a new adventure somewhere else.
Only Messi can make the switch, and decide to leave Barcelona his "comfort zone" and take on a new adventure somewhere else. Time is ticking,and soon he will be past his peak. At 29, a footballer's career is coming to its concluding phase.

But till then... Is Lionel Andres Messi just a Loyal Barcelona Legend or is he scared of what may lie on the other side?

leave your comments below lets know what you think.

Source: http://www.pronetotype.com/2016/07/lionel-messi-real-legend-or-scared-of.html?m=1

Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
Visit my signature for more interesting articles
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by Kinstein: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
Messi will never leave barca because he is a coward. Too scared to leave barca and go where he will really work hard for the team

Team cr7
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by Lily4star(f): 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
I CHALLENGE MESSI to try football elsewhere, that's the only way to silence his critics,

If he doesn't and ends his career at Barcelona, I will just see him as one of the greatest the world as ever seen cos no doubt Ronaldo would have achieved desame if not more if he had played for Barca,

But for now I would take Ronaldo as the greatest, he would still be the best if you took him to Pluto to ply his trade, notwithstanding, both are great players.

My opinion
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lily4star:
I CHALLENGE MESSI to try football elsewhere, that's the only way to silence his critics,

If he doesn't and ends his career at Barcelona, I will just see him as one of the greatest the world as ever seen cos no doubt Ronaldo would have achieved desame if not more if he had played for Barca,

But for now I would take Ronaldo as the greatest, he would still be the best if you took him to Pluto to ply his trade, notwithstanding, both are great players.

My opinion

if only he would accept that challenge.
I seriously want to see him somewhere else
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by gurunlocker: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
All this people saying I challenge MESSI to play in another league, which team will buy him with his release clause? with the financial fair imposition? Just answer this..... This is not 2009 when He worth less than £10000000....This is 2016 where no club can afford his price..... Maybe when he is 35, he can play for another club.....
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
gurunlocker:
All this people saying I challenge MESSI to play in another league, which team will buy him with his release clause? with the financial fair imposition? Just answer this..... This is not 2009 when He worth less than £10000000....This is 2016 where no club can afford his price..... Maybe when he is 35, he can play for another club.....
Chelsea has always indicated that they will buy him..

If messi shows willingness to leave barca..trust me money no be probelm.

Because the club will make almost every penny spent on him from advert and shirt sales at first even.

The whole thing is Messi's making

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by gurunlocker: 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
joey150:
Chelsea has always indicated that they will buy him..

If messi shows willingness to leave barca..trust me money no be probelm.

Because the club will make almost every penny spent on him from advert and shirt sales at first even.

The whole thing is Messi's making

Do you know how much Chelsea want to pay? why will he leave at that price?
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by Lily4star(f): 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
joey150:
if only he would accept that challenge.
I seriously want to see him somewhere else

Time will tell
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by adroitvezy(m): 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lily4star:

My opinion

permit me to ask you: pele that is being regarded as the all time greatest played for how many clubs?
What about other legends like giggs, maldini, xavi, iniesta, scholes, totti etc.
If it is by moving from one club to the other zlatan would have been the all time greatest to me. So let messi be messi at barca and let us keep enjoying good football from him.
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by adroitvezy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
joey150:
Lionel Andres Messi, the 5 time world footballer of the year and undoubtedly the most decorated football player ever.
Leo as he is foundly called, joined the Barcelona first team from the Barcelona B team in 2004, and from then he has never failed to impress in any of his 12 years in Catalonia.

With 8 la liga titles,3 Uefa champions league titles, as well as 4 Copal del Rey amongst others, A prolific goal scorer with 348 goals in 312 appearances for Barcelona including 5 ballon d'or awards in between those years, it is clear to see that Messi has achieved all that there is to achieve in Barcelona.
Messi has spent 12 years at the Camp-nou,and has broken almost every record there is to break, and won every possible trophy in club level with Barcelona.
It begs the question, if At 29,Messi should be looking to take on a new adventure in a new club/league, just to add a bit of variety to his trophy accolade.
Messi's title as arguably the greatest footballer ever is undisputed and cannot be over emphasized. But, Leo at 29 should be setting his sights on conquering a new terrain, perhaps 2 years ago might have been the most ideal Time for him to have made that switch. But it is never too late, clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea are willing to pay whatever it takes to bring the diminutive Argentine to England.
But Messi has always rejected offers to move ahead and see what life is like on the other side.

Alot of other great players have dominated in so many other leagues, gathering cults of ardent and loyal supporters in different clubs, setting new records in differnt Jerseys.
His closest rival Ronaldo, have already set the English Premier league ablaze with Manchester United, And question marks cannot arise in the future about the Portuguese player's ability to conquer any playing stage in the world.

Question marks hover over Messi's outstanding achievements,perhaps it may be more pronounced when he finally quits, if eventually he decides to end it at Camp-Nou. Questions like, would he have been able to replicate such somewhere else? in another jersey?with new teammates? in a new league? e.t.c. With his recent struggles with Argentina, and with his shock retirement from International football, he may just be proving the critics right.

It makes perfect sense to move on now, after winning all that there is to win at least twice, it seems like a good decision for him to draw the curtains in Spain to a close,wave goodbye to his boyhood club and prepare for a new adventure somewhere else.
Only Messi can make the switch, and decide to leave Barcelona his "comfort zone" and take on a new adventure somewhere else. Time is ticking,and soon he will be past his peak. At 29, a footballer's career is coming to its concluding phase.

But till then... Is Lionel Andres Messi just a Loyal Barcelona Legend or is he scared of what may lie on the other side?

leave your comments below lets know what you think.

Source: http://www.pronetotype.com/2016/07/lionel-messi-real-legend-or-scared-of.html?m=1
he doesn't need to jump ship since he's still well respected and needed at barcelona. So many players in history have done the same so won't be the first. Moreover only two clubs (madrid and man u) can afford him right now without breaching FFP rule.
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
gurunlocker:

Do you know how much Chelsea want to pay? why will he leave at that price?
if its about money..3 seasons ago city offered messi a blank cheque and told him to write out his own wage..

Messi refused point blank..he didnt even consider the offer.. It has never been about money.
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
adroitvezy:

he doesn't need to jump ship since he's still well respected and needed at barcelona. So many players in history have done the same so won't be the first. Moreover only two clubs (madrid and man u) can afford him right now without breaching FFP rule.
nobody is sayinh Messi is any less as superb as we all know..
But check and see past world footballers of the year in the last 10 years..theu played for at least 2 different clubs. He has to wear a new jersey and prove he truly is the best..that its not about Barcelona. Its about him.

See how he is struggling with Argentina already.
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by gurunlocker: 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
joey150:
if its about money..3 seasons ago city offered messi a blank cheque and told him to write out his own wage..

Messi refused point blank..he didnt even consider the offer.. It has never been about money.

Not talking about wage here, release clause....
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
gurunlocker:

Not talking about wage here, release clause....
everybody has a price..and that was before he initially extended his contract again..he had 2 years to go then.

Barca would have cashed out on him than let him go free..
But he explicitly said he was not going.
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lalasticlala or the mod in charge...please i need more opinion on this..help move this too the front page please
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by adroitvezy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
joey150:
But check and see past world footballers of the year in the last 10 years..theu played for at least 2 different clubs. He has to wear a new jersey and prove he truly is the best..that its not about Barcelona. Its about him.

what is your definition of struggling? Cuz the last time i checked he was there all time highest goal scorer and in the last competition they played, he scored 5 and assisted 4 goals so i don't understand what you mean by struggling.
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by adroitvezy(m): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
joey150:

joey150:

what is your definition of struggling? Cuz the last time i checked he was there all time highest goal scorer and in the last competition they played, he scored 5 and assisted 4 goals so i don't understand what you mean by struggling.
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by Olamyyde(m): 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
He doesn't need to prove himself, he is still the GOAT.
Ryan giggs only played in man utd
totti played only played in roma
maldini played onlyplayed in ac milan
iniesta played only played in barcelona
paul scholes only played in man utd
puyol only played in barcelona

They are still legends so messi has nothing to prove in an inferior league like the EPL
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Olamyyde:
He doesn't need to prove himself, he is still the GOAT.
Ryan giggs only played in man utd
totti played only played in roma
maldini played onlyplayed in ac milan
iniesta played only played in barcelona
paul scholes only played in man utd
puyol only played in barcelona

They are still legends so messi has nothing to prove in an inferior league like the EPL
giggs,totti,maldini,paup scholes never entered top 3 in any year.
Its not a bad thing to stay in one club... The point is after winning everything there why are you still there
When you could go on and win other things.. Did u read the article?
Re: Lionel Messi; Real Legend Or Too Afraid...? by joey150(m): 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
adroitvezy:

ok why exactly is messi retiring prematurely from Argentina if he actually is enjoying his time there?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SPORTS: [video] Chelsea 5 – 1 Nottingham Forest (EFL Cup Highlights) / Creative Football Writer Needed ASAP / Giroud Named In FIFA PUSKAS Award Shortlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.