Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo (24082 Views)

There Is No Difference Between APC And PDP – Shehu Sani / Dead Or Alive Buhari Makes No Difference - Financial Times / Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by ngoziama: 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
sharpden:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-rejects-calls-for-restructuring/154742.html

Osibanjo you better believe in restructuring because even your office needs to be restructured.honestly with the way things are going you may end up being the most irrelevant vice-president in nigeria's history.
I pity you osibanjo, , you have turned blind eyes to all the incessant killings going on, the agitations etc because you now live in aso villa.
Except there is no God, nigeria's time will soon be up.nigerians, diplomats in nigeria and the entire world are watching you all.even atiku has proved to be better than the president and vp put together. Resteucture now or warm up for Nigexit.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by tibaonnet: 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
freeze001:
The problem is that he doesn't even comprehend what restructuring means and entails. It is not about giving d states half of d FG's resources, infact that's an ignorant statement from a supposedly learned VP.

He noted the nation was blessed and that every state could feed itself and export products if the citizens engaged in agriculture.

How can d citizens get engaged in agriculture when the major agrarian communities in d middle belt are being ransacked by fulani herdsmen and the FG doesn't particularly care? People are living in morbid fear! They have been dispossessed of their properties, killed, raped, maimed et al. Why then dies he sound like citizens are uninterested in agriculture?
We accept that the VP does not know what "restructuring" means. Pls dear sister, explain it to us, I know you have Phd in "restructuring".
Mtcheeeew
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by BudeYahooCom: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
ConqueredWest:
The AFONJAs have forgotten how they almost deafened our ears with calls for restructuring. How come they are condemning it now that they are in power undecided

Tinubu and yorubas now hate restructuring after making so much noise about it? A dey laugh!

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by ab4real15: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
All u guys above saying PMB doesnt want to restructure Nigeria because he has a northern agenda i taught ur mentor GEJ was president 4 more than 5 years why didnt he carry out d reforms u guys are clamouring for, i dont want to sound abusive but i think u guys are all hyprocrites.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by chibrasil(m): 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
To slap dis man just dy hungry me

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Fikifaka(m): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
This Osinbajo of a man just squashed my scrotum.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by olusogo: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
ab4real15:
All u guys above saying PMB doesnt want to restructure Nigeria because he has a northern agenda i taught ur mentor GEJ was president 4 more than 5 years why didnt he carry out d reforms u guys are clamouring for, i dont want to sound abusive but i think u guys are all hyprocrites.

Obasanjo and Janathan conveyed National Conference with Billions of Naira with no result. PDP eventually failed the country. The wailers find no mean to distract the government than to call for restructuring. When Jonathan was busy dashing money to the "yam eaters", restructuring was not in their dictionary.
Before any restructuring let PMB work to his satisfaction with our supports and God's help, Nigeria will move forward.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by SeverusSnape(m): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
dearpreye:
Very stupid comment from the mere commissioner.

Wasn't restructuring the country amongst the promises of the APC?

Coming from the lips of an acclaimed Professor? Indeed evil communications corrupt good manners.

Nigeria is due for a thorough restructuring. The current feeding bottle unitary system hasn't worked and will never work. We must devolve more powers to the states and local governments.

There's no way a state government will have to get orders from Abuja before asking the military to defend innocent people from being killed by herdsmen. There's no reason why a state shouldn't harness the vast resources within its borders to boost its economy.

And it's criminal for every other region to continue feeding fat off the wealth found in the another region.

Nigeria has NO FUTURE with this current system. True federalism will quieten all these agitation and calls for secession. True federalism will make it easier for the local people to deal decisively with their corrupt regional leaders.

Nigeria can never be great without a restructuring. Professor Osinbajo may be a professor of law but he goofed on this one.

oga Boss, I hail you for this insightful submittion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Oksman(m): 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
If this is true, then prof should drop his pastoral garb at the nearest redeemed parish, this is ridiculous!

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by rhames(m): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
“for a restructuring and renewal of our federation to make it less centralised, less suffocating and less dictatorial in the affairs of our country’s constituent units and localities.”

These are the words and feeling of the elites eating this country dry.

Are we as Nigerians asking for too much?

Is going back to the pre 1966 organisation wehere al of us were given seperate flags of independence, where there was healthy competition?

The real change is whene we stop doing things the old men way or the old ways.

Just passing by.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Ralphdan(m): 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
What is this pupet saying,Comon wil yhu gerarahia .

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Izonpikin: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
ohenhen1:
This is like the first time I have disagreed with Osibanjo. Why can't we diversify the economy and restructure at the same time. We are not talking about fiscal restructuring alone. In fact restructuring will help the diversification process.

The.current system of a strong center has failed us for decades now. We have to change it.

Does it make sense that local governments don't have any money while NASS have a budget of about 125 billion Naira?

Does it make sense that I have to wait months for my voters card to be sent from Abuja. Why can't it be made in Lagos?

Does it make sense for the federal government to hold onto property it can't maintain?

Does.it make any sense that State governments can not mine natural resources in their own state?

Does it make any sense that the federal government is now doing the job of local governments?

Mumu administration ...They want to diversify our economy but fail to understand that the quickest way is via regionalism...If true federalism was practiced why do I need to come to lags to look for an oil job when I should be in bayelsa relaxing and working. ..the whole world is in lagos because regionalism has eluded our daft government...

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by codedguy1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
csamii:
If an educated man like the VP said something like this, what about his illiterate boss?
Nigeria is gone!

The dinosaur of a boss has spoken and we know his position, but for a supposedly literate VP to tow the same line with the certificateless boss is just irritating.

He shud have just kept quiet, but maybe he really believes what he is saying and if that's true then I have nothing to say again.

A prof is vice to someone who can't even produce a Wassce certificate. Naija is truly a Zoo.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by ab4real15: 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
olusogo:

Obasanjo and Janathan conveyed National Conference with Billions of Naira with no result. PDP eventually failed the country. The wailers find no mean to distract the government than to call for restructuring. When Jonathan was busy dashing money to the "yam eaters", restructuring was not in their dictionary.
Before any restructuring let PMB work to his satisfaction with our supports and God's help, Nigeria will move forward.
God bless u my brother,i tire 4 dis wailers and IPOb dem.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by onatisi(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
When we tell Nigerians that they are been ruled by a bunch of ediotic nomadic foools ,they don't believe instead they call us wailers. It is apparent that this buhari government does not even know what it is doing or what the nation problems are,they are just gambling with ppls brains and destroying the economy

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by poseidon12: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
Chocho4real:
Jonathan led adminstration tried it with the name "REBRANDING" someone should pls tell me where it ended up? Everything seems to be wrong with our country, so where will the restructuring begin!

Not true. There has never been any real attempt at restructuring Nigeria by any civilian administration. And I don't think any sitting president will agree to restructuring because that will dilute his absolute power.
Our only option would be for the national assembly to do it and pass law that would require the incoming president to implement it, whether he likes it or not.
Restructuring is the only way Nigeria can be saved from disintegration.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by ozimec(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
sharpden:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-rejects-calls-for-restructuring/154742.html

VP Sir, it's worth trying. Let's restructure because, this present structure isn't working at all. There is a lot of injustices and inequity. We can't keep massaging the truth.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Excellentmind: 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
An economic illiterate vice president (Osinbajo) has once again spoken from the well of his economic illiterate dictionary. Obviously, he gets more confused by the day. Is governance by force? Why not keep quiet instead of washing his dirty lining in public.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Megaideas(f): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
Mr. Osinbajo, let it be restructured, anyway.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Henrichemeka(m): 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
It will not make any difference to you.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by DedeNkem: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
Does Osinbajo know anything about government?
The present system we have hasn't worked and still doesn't work due to massive corruption at the Federal level caused by incompetent and thieving "leaders"!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by henrysam(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
No man of God again
I really don't like this subservient man
Politicians becomes mean when after they must have won election

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by frankyychiji(f): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
fulanimafia:
The tables have turned and suddenly the people that 'blessed' us with the current structure want it changed. To fit who?

#WhoIsFoolingWho
The turned tables are resting on your legs. Better go and check out the Apc manifesto before spewing trash tnx.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by fulanimafia: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
frankyychiji:
[s]The turned tables are resting on your legs. Better go and check out the Apc manifesto before spewing trash tnx.[/s]
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by schoolfeez: 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
That's what he was ask to say after all he is just a servant .

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by planetx: 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
What do you people expect this figure head VP with little or no power to say, guys like Aba Kyari the chief of staff have more power in this administration than this clown. He probably just look on like a mumu while they are all speaking Hausa during important security meetings. If he has any shred of dignity left he should tender his resignation from this failed hopeless government.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Richiebill(m): 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
Honestly, I've been waiting for this statement...and finally it has slipped outta their mouth; whether mistakenly or intentionally, IDC!.
These folks claimed they would restructure Nigeria but are actually denouncing that statement already. Blind folks!!.
Who even tell them that Nigeria needs restructuring? keep deceiving yourselves while you think you're deceiving the masses.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by londoner: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
Chocho4real:
Jonathan led adminstration tried it with the name "REBRANDING" someone should pls tell me where it ended up? Everything seems to be wrong with our country, so where will the restructuring begin!

Please explain what rebranding and restructuring has to do with each other?

They are completely different things IMO.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by mindtricks: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
dearpreye:
Very stupid comment from the mere commissioner.

Wasn't restructuring the country amongst the promises of the APC?

Coming from the lips of an acclaimed Professor? Indeed evil communications corrupt good manners.

Nigeria is due for a thorough restructuring. The current feeding bottle unitary system hasn't worked and will never work. We must devolve more powers to the states and local governments.

There's no way a state government will have to get orders from Abuja before asking the military to defend innocent people from being killed by herdsmen. There's no reason why a state shouldn't harness the vast resources within its borders to boost its economy.

And it's criminal for every other region to continue feeding fat off the wealth found in the another region.

Nigeria has NO FUTURE with this current system. True federalism will quieten all these agitation and calls for secession. True federalism will make it easier for the local people to deal decisively with their corrupt regional leaders.

Nigeria can never be great without a restructuring. Professor Osinbajo may be a professor of law but he goofed on this one.

Nigeria isn't united and will never be as long as it keeps this wrong approach to governance. The can't be ONE single solution to our problems. No one President at Aso Rock can solve all of our problems. We need to give way for true federalism. No two regions are the same. Every region should be empowered and allowed to solve their problems their own way. We are too divided and distinct to be this close. It will NEVER work.

Nigeria won't achieve greatness by forcing an imaginary unity. The centre is suffocating us all. Buhari won't solve our problems. No single President can. We need to change the structure.

Sad, elements of truth. lipsrsealed
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by OFFICIAL336: 11:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
The yorubas are bunch of unstable lots. Were they not the ones shouting restructuring during GEJ tenure? Now they are in the position to do that, their treacherous self wouldn't allow them. SW is the problem of this country...Sanusi #BrownRoofers #PatheticLots

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by freeze001(f): 12:28am On Jul 12, 2016
tibaonnet:

We accept that the VP does not know what "restructuring" means. Pls dear sister, explain it to us, I know you have Phd in "restructuring".
Mtcheeeew

Get an education!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by ericmor: 1:43am On Jul 12, 2016
When u get a clean and beautiful room for someone dirthy in nature , he will eventually messup d room but if u get a dirthy and untidy room for someone that doesnt like dirt n always like to be clean, d room will be transform to a beautiful n clean one. Nigerians! We are problem ourselves. May God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode, His Wife, Precious & Son, Aragon In New Lovely Photos / "Buhari Must Investigate El-rufai Over Yar’adua’s Death" - Senator Shehu Sani / IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.