Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Is Twitter Using Up More Device Resources? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Twitter Using Up More Device Resources? (764 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Twitter Using Up More Device Resources? by phveektor(m): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2016
There is this thing about Twitter I have been observing for about two weeks.

The event
Each time I open either the app on my phone (Blacberry Q10) or on the laptop (Firefox on Ubuntu), after about 20 minutes, my phone will begin to freeze kind of, and the phone will become very sluggish in executing functions.

Also, on the PC, once the Twitter website is left opened for a while, the system fan (my PC is running on Intel Calpella platform) will increase it's speed and my quiet PC will start making noise.

I am of the opinion that the event is due to the fact that Twitter constantly updates it's news feed but then, Facebook and some other social platforms do same without baking someone's phone or frying somebody's PC.

Also, if Mozilla could behave in such a manner, Chrome wouldn't be an alternative as the resource dependency is greater.

Possible solution
I haven't tried it out yet but, i'll suggest opera browser as an alternative on PC and mobile users may try it out on their mobile browsers (update is on-demand basis, so it should help).

If you're experiencing such and have found a way around it, kindly post your recommended solution in the comments section.

Source: http://draynehub.com/is-twitter-using…device-resources/

(1) (Reply)

Printer Error Codr B200 / For Your LG And THERMACOOL Products And Services / What Is The Benefits Of Webinars For Online Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.