Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

SEO Mistakes I Made With My First Blog - Dealwap - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO Mistakes I Made With My First Blog - Dealwap (462 Views)

12 Seo Mistakes To Avoid If You Want To Rank Higher / 10 SEO Mistakes Which Affect Your Blog Ranking / I Was Disapproved By Adsense With My First Blog What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEO Mistakes I Made With My First Blog - Dealwap by D34lw4p(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, I am Dealwap, the founder of Naija Coders Team(www.nct.com.ng). Today i will be taking my time to explain to you some SEO mistakes you should avoid if you want to rank higher in Search Engine.

Please kindly follow me gently and ensure you digest every single piece of information in this tutorial.

Some years back i created a blog for sharing informations relating to supporting bloggers with useful tutorials to help them succeed, you know what i did? I paid a website to get huge backlinks directed to my website but unfortunately, after some months i noticed my blog has suddenly disappeared from search engine.

I became so shocked to as what may be the sudden cause of the disappearance then i traced back my steps to how i started the SEO settings of my blog, i suddenly remembered the Backlinking i paid for.

After critical analysis i beame aware that most of the sites i was linked to were sites which has been flagged as SPAM by google.

Then an old saying came to my mind which says, ''Birds Of A Feather Flocks Together.'' Alas! I got it figured out contacted those webmasters to remove my website link from their database.

I never did got my site fully back so i had to shut down the blog and find something else to do but i learnt my lesson in a bitter way tongue.

Lets leave out the story but am sure you have gained one thing or the other the main you should understand is bad neighbours will affect SEO badly!!!

know the type of links you allow search engine to follow on your website.

Never buy backlinks i repeat, never buy backlinks! It is very harmful to the growth of your site. Link to quality websites and let them link back to you, if by any means you want to allow guest post, thoroughly check the guest website to ensure it is not violating google's privacy as this can risk the health of your blog.

Thank you for taking your time to read this! I hope you learn from this please share the post to your friends let them benefit. Thanks!

Culled from: www.nct.com.ng
Re: SEO Mistakes I Made With My First Blog - Dealwap by Juxtified(m): 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is enlightening, thanks. Just created my blog recently by myself recently though I'm no tech expert.
Can you please throw more light on how to link quality websites?
Re: SEO Mistakes I Made With My First Blog - Dealwap by D34lw4p(m): 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
Juxtified:
This is enlightening, thanks. Just created my blog recently by myself recently though I'm no tech expert.
Can you please throw more light on how to link quality websites?
there are so many ways to get quality backlinks but the most important one is to find the one that suits you most, this question has been answered here with great tutorials on SEO:
http://nct.com.ng/Forum-SEO-Talks
Re: SEO Mistakes I Made With My First Blog - Dealwap by D34lw4p(m): 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
@adewasco2k, @Slyr0x, @lalasticlala, let someone learn something new.

(1) (Reply)

Data Analytics / Suggests Name For My Blog / 5 Things Nigerians Should Know About London-used Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.