Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC (12920 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / The Handshake Between Obiano And The US Ambassador (Photos) / Sex Scandal: Reps Sue US For $1bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Islie: 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
• Hearing begins Thursday

The House of Representatives’ joint committee on ethics and privileges and foreign affairs investigating allegations of sexual misconduct against three members of the House has invited the United States’ Ambassador to Nigeria , Mr. James Entwistle, to appear before it on Thursday, July 14.

The committee , which commences sitting on Thursday, two weeks after it was mandated to carry out the assignment, also invited the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC ) and the three lawmakers alleged to have engaged in sexual misconduct.

It was New Telegraph that exclusively broke the story of the sex scandal. Chairman of the joint committee, Hon. Ossai Nicholas Ossai, who disclosed this at the weekend in Abuja, said the investigative hearing will be conducted in the open at Hearing Room 028 at the National Assembly Complex, Abuja.

Ossai had earlier hinted that the committee was working assiduously to put logistics in place for successful conduct of the exercise. He explained that the delay in the commencement of the investigation was due to the absence of some members of the committee , who were on lesser Hajj to Saudi Arabia.

He said: “ For now , the ethics and privileges committee is working behind the scene to ensure that it conducts a successful investigation into the matter in line with the mandate given to it. ”

Recall that following allegations of sexual misconduct levelled against some members of the House by the United States Embassy in Nigeria , the leadership had, on June 16 , mandated the joint committee to investigate the veracity or otherwise of the allegations. While Ossai chairs the Ethics and Privileges Committee , Hon. Nnenna Elendu- Ukeje (PDP, Abia ) chairs the Foreign Affairs Committee.

Both committees have resolved to commence investigation into the matter . The Ambassador had, in a letter dated June 9 , alleged that three members of the House namely: Hon. Mohammed Garba Gololo (APC, Bauchi), Hon. Samuel Ikon (PDP, Akwa Ibom ) and Hon. Mark Gbillah (APC, Benue) had, on a recent visit to US for the International Visitor Leadership Programme, brought disrepute to the parliament by allegedly soliciting for sex from prostitutes and grabbing an hotel housekeeper.

Ten lawmakers were invited by the US Government for the conference held in Cleveland, Ohio. Entwistle ’s letter reads: “It is with regret that I must bring to your attention the following situation. Ten members of the Nigerian National Assembly recently travelled to Cleveland, Ohio as participants in the International Visitor Leadership Programme on good governance.

We received troubling allegations regarding the behaviour of three members of the delegation to this, the U.S Government ’s flagship professional exchange programme “The U.S. Department of State and the Cleveland Council on World Affairs received reports from employees of the Cleveland hotel where the representatives stayed, alleging the representatives engaged in the following behaviour. ” According to the Ambassador, “Mohammed Garba Gololo allegedly grabbed a housekeeper in his hotel room and solicited for sex from her.

While the housekeeper reported this to her management , this incident could have involved local law enforcement and resulted in legal consequences for Representative Gololo. “Mark Terseer Gbillah and Samuel Ikon allegedly requested hotel parking attendants to assist them to solicit for prostitutes. ”

Already, the Embassy has revoked the visas of the three lawmakers even before the commencement of the investigation . The three lawmakers have denied the allegations.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/sex-scandal-reps-summon-us-ambassador-nhrc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Let the white man come with evidence. so we can nail those old junks

20 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by CecyAdrian(f): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hmmmmm, try your luck

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by hazyfm: 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Summon ?? Okay, lets see if he would show up

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by izenco2005(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
im 4th to comment next time i will be 1st. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Sunnycliff(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
I doubt if our legislators hands are clean from this imbroglio! I don't respect our politicians in relation with women affairs!

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Okijajuju1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
SO these Reps no wan let this matter die...

Them dey carry U.S play.

The next thing them go show Video of the Lawmakers pressing the yansh of the Housekeeper. grin

22 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by musleraq67(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
ok o..my ears dey ground

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Guyman02: 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
Its possible that these Reps are guilty as charged but remain innocent for now until proven guilty.

I remember back in the days when boys gather to drink one of the boasting points is usually 'have you fcked a white woman before?' and you hear things like I have done done it with a Lebanese, British girl, one oyinbo girl from Bulgaria, bla bla bla
Then another guy would say 'me I don do am with Togolese, Beninese and Ghanaian girls, abroad na abroad skin colour no matter jo. undecided

I wont be surprised if these guys got to America and wanted to do it with a white olosho to add to their list for them to have stories to boast to friends on their return. But e be like say this one don hook them for neck.

10 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by sugarwiz(f): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
Mohammed Garba Gololo allegedly grabbed a housekeeper in his hotel room and solicited for sex from her....
Some men are just a disgrace to manhood... oga ooo, I'm sure dey will go unpunished.

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by DONSMITH123(m): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

Okijajuju1:
SO these Reps no wan let this matter die...

Them dey carry U.S play.

The next thing them go show Video of the Lawmakers pressing the yansh of the Housekeeper. grin
Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by agitator: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
lol jokers grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Kangol99(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
K

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by OYAY(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
Best move he who alleges must proof,but within me I no sey dose guys go do am, not with the way they parades girls in abuja clubs!
Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
I am tempted to say that our legislators are not that intelligent. How on earth can you summon a diplomat in another country. Don't they have legal advisers or international relations experts?

The Vienna Convention of 1962 on Diplomatic Immunities and Privileges clearly explains that

-NO DIPLOMAT can be tried under the legal system of his host country, the worst that could be done is to recall him and deport him.

-Except for willful appearance, legislators cannot summon diplomats.

-Diplomatic vehicles, residence cannot be searched by the law enforcement agents without the consent of the occupants. This is the reason Julian Assange of Wikileaks had been in the Ecuadorian embassy in the UK since.

-Diplomatic consignments cannot be searched.

This is not Kachikwu or Malami whole you think you can summon. This is American ambassador.
These DisHonourable are jokers.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by OYAY(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
Best move he who alleges must proof! but within me I no sey dose guys go do am, not with the way they parades girls in abuja clubs!

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by AngelAhnie(f): 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Them do am

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by omogidi234(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
Does the National Assembly have right to summon an ambassador or a head of a foreign mission office? Except the Nigerian staff members. Summoning an ambassador is like summoning PMB or any Governor. International affairs guru in the house, please throw more light.

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Built2last: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
ok
Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by SilvanusII(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
omogidi234:
Does the National Assembly have right to summon an ambassador or a head of a foreign mission office? Except the Nigerian staff members. Summoning an ambassador is like summoning PMB or any Governor. International affairs guru in the house, please throw more light.

I also wondered about that. The Ambassador is like the President o.
I even pity these guys. Lets ASSUME for one moment that the Representathieves did not lie about their innocence, by the time they (US) cooks up video about them, they will know.
Meanwhile, this Hon Mark cannot capitalize on recent happenings, do a public damage control and denounce his constituents' killing? Issorait

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by TheNonce: 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
angry

This is the sort of embarrassment your nation gets when you elect "aggro cursed, unfocused and local savages" into the nations senate or house reps!

FBI go show dem say DSS and co. dey learn work for where dem dey!

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by omolola15(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
See these reps forming voltron. And if they now turn out to be guilty now, they won't still resign. And I doubt if anyone will punish them.
Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by CHIDIEJIOGU: 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
I'm Watching and Waiting.
Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by SmartMugu: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
I wish they had involved the cops while they were in the US. The case may now be hard to prove.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Jacko01: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Make una forgive una fellow lawmakers na

Die the matter hehe

U all are tide n tempest abi birds of a feather

Forgive dem biko.....

Forgive dem hehe........
Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by mikhe2(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Them do am
lol.. Hw dem take do m??
Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by longitto(m): 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
izenco2005:
im 4th to comment next time i will be 1st. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
where is ur comment on d matter?

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by Xionez(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
Initial gra gra.
Even if they get 4K video from the heavens, nothing will happen. The news would die an already predetermined death.
Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by yomalex(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
HOR summon ambassador?

my goodness these people are...

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandal: Reps Summon US Ambassador, NHRC by stsinner: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
c'mon, i dont think the national assembly has any right to summon any foreign mission staff. If they need information from the ambassador,they should send delegates to his office.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians You Are Being Deceived. True Status Of Buhari's Health. / Femi Fani-Kayode Files N10bn Suit Against Sahara Reporters For Defamation / Toyin Saraki: Kwara APC Disowns Media Arm Over Libel Against Saraki’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.