Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? (982 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts As His Goal Is Nominated For World Cup Goal Of The Tournament / World Cup 2018: Musa’s Goal Nominated For Goal Of The Tournament - details / PICTURES: England And Russia Fans Clashed In France (euro 2016), Turns Bloody. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by lolaxavier(m): 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2016

The team (4-2-3-1): Rui Patrício (Portugal); Joshua Kimmich (Germany), Jérôme Boateng (Germany), Pepe (Portugal), Raphaël Guerreiro (Portugal); Toni Kroos (Germany), Joe Allen (Wales); Antoine Griezmann (France), Aaron Ramsey (Wales), Dimitri Payet (France); Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal).

In the past a 23-man squad was selected with Ronaldo (2004 and 2012) and Pepe (2008 and 2012) both previously picked twice. Ronaldo was also in the All-Time EURO 11 named before the tournament.
The team was selected by UEFA's 13-strong panel of technical observers, led by UEFA chief technical officer Ioan Lupescu and including Sir Alex Ferguson, Alain Giresse, David Moyes, Packie Bonner, Mixu Paatelainen, Savo Milošević, Peter Rudbæk, Gareth Southgate, Thomas Schaaf, Jean-François Domergue, Ginés Meléndez and Jean-Paul Brigger.
The technical observers have made their choices bases on various criteria, which had been outlined before the tournament. The formation was selected as the most-used of the finals. Two technical observers were present at every game and their reports will contribute to the UEFA EURO 2016 technical report, which will be released on UEFA.com in September.
UEFA coaching ambassador Sir Alex Ferguson said: "After quite a bit of deliberation, the observers chose a team that features the best performing players from the best performing teams at UEFA EURO 2016. We have chosen dominant central defenders; full-backs who can defend and attack; deep-lying midfielders who can control the game and dynamic, flexible and creative attackers, all of whom have the ability to create and score goals. We believe that the selected XI represents the best of the competition."

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2389933.html
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by LordZero(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
good selection, if Guerrero and kimmich wasn't there, i would have complained. ...

still not convinced Boateng should be there tho.
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by lolaxavier(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
Well, I am not too sure about Boateng and Kroos though but i certainly concur with the rest.
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by lolaxavier(m): 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
LordZero:
good selection, if Guerrero and kimmich wasn't there, i would have complained. ...

still not convinced Boateng should be there tho.

Boateng I don not agree as well.
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by Cbeatz(m): 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
sorry for derailin this thread but could any one tell me what was leicester's last match and score?.....and also chelsea's last match of the season and score....thxz in advance
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by lolaxavier(m): 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Cbeatz:
sorry for derailin this thread but could any one tell me what was leicester's last match and score?.....and also chelsea's last match of the season and score....thxz in advance

You could have used the time spent on typing this to search google for answer to your question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by Cbeatz(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
lolaxavier:

You could have used the time spent on typing this to search google for answer to your question.
la free basics dnt ave mb....help a nigga bruh
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by 00Ademi(m): 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joa allen #jesus_wept cry
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by lolaxavier(m): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
00Ademi:
Joa allen #jesus_wept cry

Guess you didn't see the guy play.
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by P0intBlank(m): 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Where is Gareth Bale?
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by 00Ademi(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
lolaxavier:

Guess you didn't see the guy play.
it was against portugal u shud knw that na Ramsey dey cover hm flaws.
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Cbeatz:
chelsea played their last match with leicester and the score line was 1-1.
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by lolaxavier(m): 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
00Ademi:
it was against portugal u shud knw that na Ramsey dey cover hm flaws.

I disagree. Joe Allen really kept mid pack tighter and he passes the ball better.
Re: UEFA EURO 2016 Team Of The Tournament Revealed - Do You Agree? by 00Ademi(m): 9:48am On Jul 12, 2016
lolaxavier:

I disagree. Joe Allen really kept mid pack tighter and he passes the ball better.
ayaf died..... Ah... *can't close my mouth sef.... Passes it better ke.... Abeg just go watch d match review..

(1) (Reply)

José Mourinho In The Prep Talk, A Guy Ritchie Film / Merits Of Boarding System Of Schooling / The Miracle Of Dammam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.