Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,892 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? (433 Views)

Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them / Chinese Firm Says It Did All It Could Ahead Of Cyber-attack / Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? by montanaguy(m): 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
Last week I posted how Sterling bank ATM in their branch in Awka debited me 20k without dispensing cash. It happened that I slot in my card, type my pin and the amount. It was displaying transaction in progress and later displayed unable to complete and brought out my card. Immediately I received debit alert. I slot in my card again and checked my balance, the 20k is gone. I went to my bank Union bank to lodge a complaint. I was asked to wait for 24hr and if it fails to reverse, I should come back. On following day, it did not reverse, I went back and was giving a form to fill. Few days, it was yet to be reversed. I contacted their customer care myself, she claimed they are working on it. I sent them mails, the same thing. I was mad this evening when I called. The lady said according to the feedback from the Sterling bank, that I received the money. I called Sterling bank customer care, they said they don't have my account no to know of I received the money or not, that I should go to my bank. Please advice me on what to do. That money was my salary for Jun, I am broke.
Re: My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? by Cutehector(m): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
Demand to see the manager.
Re: My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:00am On Jul 12, 2016
montanaguy:
Last week I posted how Sterling bank ATM in their branch in Awka debited me 20k without dispensing cash. It happened that I slot in my card, type my pin and the amount. It was displaying transaction in progress and later displayed unable to complete and brought out my card. Immediately I received debit alert. I slot in my card again and checked my balance, the 20k is gone. I went to my bank Union bank to lodge a complaint. I was asked to wait for 24hr and if it fails to reverse, I should come back. On following day, it did not reverse, I went back and was giving a form to fill. Few days, it was yet to be reversed. I contacted their customer care myself, she claimed they are working on it. I sent them mails, the same thing. I was mad this evening when I called. The lady said according to the feedback from the Sterling bank, that I received the money. I called Sterling bank customer care, they said they don't have my account no to know of I received the money or not, that I should go to my bank. Please advice me on what to do. That money was my salary for Jun, I am broke.
my dear,there's a possibility that d ATM machine dispensed the said cash after u left......am talking from experience.last year I as at an ATM post here in Benin,the pson before me tried to withdraw som cash and network was bad,he left for another bank...voila d machine dispensed 10k to me,I ran out in search of him but he had alrdy zoomed off....network can sometimes be like that,but u also av to verify, demand to see the footage of the pson it paid it to.
Re: My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? by viceldo(m): 12:09am On Jul 12, 2016
did you return the money to the bank ? since you can't find it's owner tongue
Re: My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? by montanaguy(m): 12:12am On Jul 12, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
my dear,there's a possibility that d ATM machine dispensed the said cash after u left......am talking from experience.last year I as at an ATM post here in Benin,the pson before me tried to withdraw som cash and network was bad,he left for another bank...voila d machine dispensed 10k to me,I ran out in search of him but he had alrdy zoomed off....network can sometimes be like that,but u also av to verify, demand to see the footage of the pson it paid it to.
Re: My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? by montanaguy(m): 12:16am On Jul 12, 2016
I did not receive the money. When it brought out my card, I received alert. I had to slot in my card again to check my balance. At least checking balance will take like 10 seconds.

(1) (Reply)

FORENSIC DNA PROFILING: Strengths And Limitations / Google On An Update Spree: Android Phone App And Maps Overhauled / Homtom Ht10 With Iris Scanner Recognition, 4GB Ram + 32GB Rom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.