Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,394 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! (22740 Views)

South Must Push For Referendum Before 2019 - Annkio Briggs / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Nnamdi Kanu Begs British Government To Push For His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
ConqueredWest:
Beremx saw you viewing.

Is this the change you voted for.

Increase in tarrif decrease in light cheesy

Afenifere and OPC wins grin

kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa grin
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by oloolo: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
They must be mad, they are thieves.... they just sit down in there office and write anything they like on there estimate bill......they don't want to issue prepaid meters

Nothing has been gained from NEPA/PHCN privatisation.......

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Beremx(f): 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
prinsam30:

ur right my babe, I stayed in two rooms apartment in a very big compound of about Ten flats in it, with toilet and bathroom intact, water flowing anyhow, I got Air condition in my sitting room, a deep freezer in my kitchen Microwave included, three fit tall fridge in my sitting room, got a big Box TV 42inches precisely matched it up with Samsung home Theater 1000W total RMS, DSTV, three Computer Systems, 21inches TV in my bedroom, 17inches TV in my kitchen, two Ceiling fans, two standing fans, A 5000W Century Stabilizer and some other unmentioned items.... And guess how much I pay monthly............ N500 per month and for two months now NEPA has refused to come give us bill simply because they don't give us often

I hope government is not cheating on me?
the plentiful the flats,the smaller you pay for bills. That's the secret my dear. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Beremx(f): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
bloodkiIler:

and the #200 includes refrigerator, electronic appliances, boilers, electric stoves, maybe air conditioner, electric iron, etc

economic sabotage !!!! shocked

EFCC over to you grin
i have all that but don't use it. Where you see light?

I get at most an hour of electricity supply daily. Imagine! tell me why i won't pay 200naira?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by naija247: 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
koboko69:
Some people a plain stupid. What as Fashola or Buhari got to do with this. Jonathan privatised PHCN. And now we are ripping the "fruits" of the fraudulent privatisation.
Mr man is Jonathan still the president of Nigeria? Buhari was largely voted in to right the wrongs of past administrations why won't he do something on the "fraudulent privatization". How can you even single out Jonathan for our electricity problems?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by naija247: 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
koboko69:
Some people a plain stupid. What as Fashola or Buhari got to do with this. Jonathan privatised PHCN. And now we are ripping the "fruits" of the fraudulent privatisation.
Mr man is Jonathan still the president of Nigeria? Buhari was largely voted in to right the wrongs of past administrations why won't he do something on the "fraudulent privatization".

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by prinsam30: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:
the plentiful the flats,the smaller you pay for bills. That's the secret my dear. wink

good point babe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by ConqueredWest: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:
i have all that but don't use it. Where you see light?

I get at most an hour of electricity supply daily. Imagine! tell me why i won't pay 200naira?

But you were insulting Jonathan who gave at least 21hours supply of light daily.

severussnape Abagworo tonyebarcanista modath ngenekwenu temitemi1 onatisi firefire idupaul dunkem21 aresa obiageli phockphockman and the host of wailers zombies hailers Afonjas Efulefus and mods

She don confess her pain under Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by jamace(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Well, let them push for anything. All I know is that I will not pay any shishi again if my house has no prepaid meter.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Thunder faya dia papa nyansh!!!!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by wirinet(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
Frankiss44:

Keep blaming Jonathan.. Even for your inability to impregnate a girl... Yeye dey smell... First it was 45 percent increase, now they are talking about 100 percent and you are calling GEJ. Meanwhile after privatisation, GEJ didn't increase the price even when power was fairly available. But what do we have now with these idiots in power? More increase, total blackout

Shut up! If you are ignorant , do not attempt to spead your ignorance like AIDS. Jonathan privatized (sold) PHCN to big men like abdulsalami and co. The privatization agreement allows the bought companies to increase price at random without adding a single kilowatt, and you are here saying Buhari is to blame.

Please read up on the relevant laws and agreements of the privatization process carried out by Jonathan;

What is the long-run estimate for the tariff?

We expect market to determine that. There is estimate at the moment.

Are tariffs for all generation companies the same?

Yes. The initial tariffs for the six generating companies will be the same.

How quickly will tariffs be adjusted for changes in the value of the major costs such as the exchange rate or gas?

At a minimum once per year but more frequently as required upon submission to NERC.

http://www.nigeriaelectricityprivatisation.com/?page_id=251

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Frankiss44(m): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
wirinet:

Shut up! If you are ignorant , do not attempt to spead your ignorance like AIDS. Jonathan privatized (sold) PHCN to big men like abdulsalami and co. The privatization agreement allows the bought companies to increase price at random without adding a single kilowatt, and you are here saying Buhari is to blame.

Please read up on the relevant laws and agreements of the privatization process carried out by Jonathan;

So many animals... Few bullets
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Unfathomable: 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:
not at all. it's a very nice and big compound with eight flats. I just moved in there anyway. Can you imagine where i lived before, i pay 8k monthly for electricity bills? Can you see the disparity in the bills? That shows the discos are thieves.

Bloody lie... i dont even think batcher houses pay N200 monthly, I hope you know tariff is now N25 even if you're living in a Nepa manager's building. Trying to tell us NEPA gives you light 3 times a month..na bush?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Unfathomable: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
wirinet:

....and buhari came in and struck his own deal for his own cut hence the tariff increase. You are the one who needs to stop spreading ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by idupaul: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
koboko69:

U think i have time for deliberate foolishness?

Oga you were the one who endorsed foolishness here oo by trying to blame Jonathan for an attempt by discos to increase tariffs twice in 6 months under Buharis govt

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by boyesola: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
Do these people want to kill us?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by idupaul: 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
wirinet:

OGA you forgot to mention the owners of EKO disco like Messrs Tinubu and Fashola

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
Unfathomable:

Bloody lie... i dont even think batcher houses pay N200 monthly, I hope you know tariff is now N25 even if you're living in a Nepa manager's building. Trying to tell us NEPA gives you light 3 times a month..na bush?
Its not a lie bruh. I live in a duplex on the mainland & for 2 consecutive month, the nepa bill in the house hasn't gone beyond #200 naira. I know it could be a mistake on nepas part but I don't bloody care.....make we dey enjoy the awoof #Pic below as proof for doubting thomases

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Unfathomable: 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
idupaul:

OGA you forgot to mention the owners of EKO disco like Messrs Tinubu and Fashola

Don't mind them...the story would have been more interesting if he had told us GEJ bought NEPA for himself. At the end of the day, the crooks who bought NEPA are in buhari's camp..

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by samsam2019: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
koboko69:

How is this supporting evil? Point is call out rhe Discos. This are private companies.
I am shocked u people are calling out the government over the greediness of a private establishment now.
But when they threatened banks for mass sack, u people attacked the government cos that does not directly affect u.
The Discos only wrote a letter, govt have not approved, and is not certain they will agree to the hike. Why not call out the greedy Discos?
disco or raggae, only the government can approve it. And if they do then it shall never be well with each and everyone of them including their supporters......

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by timeandchance76(m): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
:DMy own better sef, I paid nepa bill for my room and parlour since last year december at ibadan, since the light is not available always our prepaid metre card too refuse to finish grin undecided
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Greatfuture: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is madness of the highest order,This people are seeing Nigerians as gullible people,they incresed the first time with the aid of Fashola and no one is complained and they want to try it again,, i get a bill of 13000naira every month for light i dont see

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by wirinet(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
idupaul:

And was it Buhari that sold EKO DISCO to Fashola and Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by nuelyoyo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:
I care less if the electricity tarrif is increased to 400percent. Where i live now,I pay only 200naira monthly when the bill is shared. grin
where u live now must be a third class face me I face u compound.
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by sinkhole: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
frenchwine:

Do you per chance live in Niger state, Bida precisely? That is exactly what we experienced here.
It is Lafia Nasarawa State o.
I dont know why AEDC is robbing Nigerians in daylight like this and nobody is talking!
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by mamawin(f): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
koboko69:
first person to say something sensible and meaningful. are people not aware that electricity is no longer being distributed by the FG?
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by mamawin(f): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
timeandchance76:
:DMy own better sef, I paid nepa bill for my room and parlour since last year december at ibadan, since the light is not available always our prepaid metre card too refuse to finish grin undecided
your card refuse to finish? are you sure you re telling us d truth, nothing but d truth?
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:
I care less if the electricity tarrif is increased to 400percent. Where i live now,I pay only 200naira monthly when the bill is shared. grin

Look at how a human being reasons. Chai undecided . What about manufacturers and SMEs that would shut down and the general increase in poverty and hardship such a move would bring?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
sinkhole:
It is Lafia Nasarawa State o.
I dont know why AEDC is robbing Nigerians in daylight like this and nobody is talking!......
That's what baffles me the most, I just don't seem to understand the inaction of everyone. I thought it was just me.
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Despite the monumental corruption and injustice that is currently going on with these discos since privatisation, all they can think of is tarrif increments. I did say it earlier when FG connived with them to increase the tarrif the first time, you give a mouse cookie, he'd definitely want a glass of milk. Where are the prepaid meters we were promised? I would encourage Nigerians especially SME owners to start saving towards installation of private solar panels. There needs to be a general apathy for electricity supply, useless bunch of insensitive mofos!
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by Angrymode: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
Please and Abeg, if na u post this rubbish way fit kill person with vex, abeg com commot am. ¿
Re: Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! by SMARTKOSSY: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
Beremx:
not at all. it's a very nice and big compound with eight flats. I just moved in there anyway. Can you imagine where i lived before, i pay 8k monthly for electricity bills? Can you see the disparity in the bills? That shows the discos are thieves.
story.... Just accept u stay in a face me I face u apartment. Chai. Nwa Imo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5,000 Supporters Dump Kwankwanso / Governor Ahmed Reacts To Vandalization Of Campaign Billboards In Kwara / APC Tells Jonathan Not To Defend Hinself Against Cameron's Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.