Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today (10286 Views)

Saraki Replaces Ndume With Suleiman Nazif As INEC Committee Chairman / PDP Protests In Tai As INEC Boss Refuse To Conduct Fresh Election In Tai / Ondo: Violence At Owo LGA As INEC Ballot Box Shattered, Ballot Papers Hijacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by dridowu: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2016
As the deadline for submission of candidates for the Edo State governorship election ends today, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday disclosed that it was yet to be provided with the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

INEC’s deputy director, Voter Education and Publicity, Nick Dazang, who disclosed this to LEADERSHIP, added that the commission was yet to take a decision on which of the candidates from the factions it would accept.

He further stated that, so far, only six political parties had submitted names of their candidates for the election.

However, deputy national chairman of the Ali Modu Sheriff faction of the party, Cairo Ojuogboh, told LEADERSHIP that the faction had submitted the name of Matthew Iduoriyekemwen to INEC, adding that the ruling of a Federal High Court in Abuja gave them the authority to do so.

Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and Iduoriyekemwen had emerged candidates from separate primaries conducted by the warring camps in the party. While Ize-Iyamu emerged the candidate from the primaries held by the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led national caretaker committee, Iduoriyekemwen emerged candidate of the Sheriff-led leadership of the party.

Also, while a July 4 Federal High Court judgement in Port Harcourt recognised Makarfi’s committee as the legitimate leadership of the party, a Federal High Court in Abuja, however, granted an ex parte motion to Sheriff, which mandated INEC to recognise only candidates submitted by Sheriff for the Edo and Ondo guber elections.

But responding to an inquiry from LEADERSHIP ahead of the deadline, Mr. Dazang, who was in Lagos yesterday, said the commission was yet to take a decision on which of the candidates to recognise.

He said: “As at 4:52pm, I sent an inquiry to our director in charge of political party monitoring and I was told that only six political parties have submitted their candidates, and PDP is not among them. But the deadline is tomorrow and they are free to do so.”

When asked which of the camps’ candidates the commission would accept, he said, “As at this time, INEC has not taken a decision. If there is any development I will call you back.”

On whether the name of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Godwin Obaseki, had been submitted, the deputy director said he could not confirm as he was yet to get the names of the six political parties that had submitted candidates.

He, however, promised to make the list available immediately it is given to him.

LEADERSHIP recalls that Sheriff’s primary did not meet the 21-day notice to INEC, a requirement specified in the Electoral Act, unlike the Makarfi-organised primary which was monitored by INEC.

Reacting, however, Ojuogboh told LEADERSHIP that the faction had completed the processes for the submission of its candidate’s name. He said it was understandable that the deputy director was not aware because the submission of candidates was not done in his department.

“In any case we have no fear that our candidate will be accepted as the legitimate candidate of PDP for the election. The court ruled that Sheriff is the only person that can submit candidates for the Edo and Ondo guber elections.

“That judgement was specific and no court of competent jurisdiction can overrule it. The court has recognised Sheriff as the national chairman; the truth is the truth and nobody can change it,” he said.

It was, however, gathered that members of the PDP national caretaker committee were locked in a meeting yesterday over the issue.

Attempts to get the Makarfi group for reaction were futile as phone calls to the spokesman of the committee, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, rang out and were not returned.

http://leadership.ng/news/541427/edo-guber-pdp-unsettled-over-candidate-as-inec-deadline-ends-today
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by kacglobal: 8:31am On Jul 12, 2016
shocked. Chai. This is how my enemies are confused when they heard that I still made first to comment on a front page post. Chai.

I dedicate this to my God. N to my brother and to Battabox n it's staff. And to you all still looking for the fruit of first to comment FTC God will bless you and make a way for you.

Chai finally m. More good things to come.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by naijaGhandi: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2016
The evil that men do. Pdp I don't know how you guys can make sheriff yield. He was supposed to deal with apc but here you're regretting that move.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:42am On Jul 12, 2016
Warrisdis?
Well I'm only concerned about PDP ruling my darling state IMO in 2019 cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by modath(f): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2016
"No free lunch in freetown..."

16yrs of unfettered access to national commonwealth made PDP amnesic about this wise saying...

7 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by seunmsg(m): 8:55am On Jul 12, 2016
I just hope INEC leadership will be bold enough to wield the big stick. If the party can't put their house in order and produce a legitimate candidate before the end of today, the party should be disqualified from contesting the election. Wailers can wail for all I care, the rules must not be compromised for any party.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by martineverest(m): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
nemesis in collaboration with karma flogging pdp frrom right,centre to left

6 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by hotspec(m): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
PDP needs to do d needful to resolve ds yeye issue. Two elephants are fighting for control of d party @ d national level, Edo is now d grasses dt suffer

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by DONSMITH123(m): 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
PDP is dead. House Divided.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by vicoloni(m): 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
space for sale
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by Dandsome: 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hmmm

E concern them o

When they'll be sharing money in private they won't invite any of us. So guys chill and leave them to settle themselves

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by sugarwiz(f): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
PDP...should b desolved..dey are confused and everything dey do is in disarray

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by DropShot: 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
seunmsg:
I just hope INEC leadership will be bold enough to wield the big stick. If the party can't put their house in order and produce a legitimate candidate before the end of today, the party should be disqualified from contesting the election. Wailers can wail for all I care, the rules must not be compromised for any party.
If INEC even compromises the rule to accommodate PDP, they should all expect legal battle thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by kings09(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Politicians shld settle themselves
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by geraldgiz(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Sheriff is an APC AGENT TO PDP, always cursing trouble everywhere, is he God. Naija self

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by experimentist: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
[size=15pt]PDP should be disqualified as as possible! And the winner is APC! Obaseki![/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by AlexyA(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Who ll free pdp frm dier bondage?where s Moses(fayose) and Aaron(wike) to take dem to d land of canaan?
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by satelliteDISH(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Let INEC accept any of the two. Either Matthew or Ize-Iyamu, we will still vote for PDP. We are tired of this nonsense CHANGE.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by StOla: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
I blame Fayose and Wike for this wikedness Sheriff was invited to come perpetrate as party chairman.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by iyobs7(f): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Well played Sheriff!!! embarassed
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by shaddoww: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
I pity INEC, am sure they are in a confused state right nao, but if I were to be d chairman, I will go with Sheriff cos he has an order of court dat says he is only one dat can submit d names of candidates n d other camp didn't appeal it. Because if they are to go by any other recognising one faction, they will be wrong cos they both have dat judgment from two different high courts, I hope they act wisely n don't av an inconclusive election right from d start.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by tunderay(m): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Karma is a bitch. If this impasse or struggle for leadership is not resolved, PDP may not field a candidate in Edo,and it will be the begining of another death for PDP after the 2015 election and of course death of opposition in the country, because as it stands now, Ondo may be tougher for PDP than Edo.
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by Theoritical(m): 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
PdP can never rule Edo state again' I place a bet on anyone who cares ' the so called PdP governorship aspirants will decamp to APC after shamelessly loosing September election. The Pastor is nothing but a political desperate tyrant, who is power drunk and gat nothing to offer"
The other was NDDC boss for years, he couldn't even maintained the road leading to his house. Agbero govt is dead and buried in Edo state. OBASEKi will do the magic.. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by AfroKnight: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
They should be disqualified. Extending the deadline would be favoritism
Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
And someone still believes PDP will win with their current crises? I can see how Divide and Rule principle will spoil show for them.

Meanwhile, everything na double double.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by hUmaneOne: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
This a golden chance for PDP to prove themselves in Edo and they're goofing big time.
even if pdp eventually wins, the court might later disqualify them based on their shoddy primaries.Both cases, APC wins

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by dridowu: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
geraldgiz:
Sheriff is an APC AGENT TO PDP, always cursing trouble everywhere, is he God. Naija self
Sheriff an APC agent ? What then can you say about Fayose and Wike that support him then even when the likes of FFK is against Sheriff , the issue is here like trouble go sleep yanga go wake am. Sheriff was on his own then, jejely some selfish interest went ahead to bring him, now Sheriff has become a pain to PDP whether you, Fayose, FFK, GEJ, Iyamu, George, Olalere e.t.c like it or not. Best advice , PDP should appeal , then to the Supreme Court.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by jrusky(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
So PDP can not stop Modu not to finally made the wish of the witchcraft party come to pass in their lives I guess I did not mention any party so if you quote me and be defending "the party" that means you know your party is the witchcraft party I'm talking about.

PDP wake up get yourself out of the demonic altar where your case was finalized get your act together and Modu should go back to his party rather than messing you up and divide you the more or please change that name PDP because that name is under a serous spell right now this is not funny it's a hard truth the job was done and sealed somewhere your ordinary imagination can't reach, wake up and correct your error to find your bearings, again the satanic party don't want to see any opposition so that they can cage every Nigerian to their darkness altar.

Remember I said if you quote me wrongly means you are one of the demon in that satanic party because I did not mention any party name here ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today by harrysjones(m): 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
PDP should be disqualified as as possible! And the winner is APC! Obaseki! IDF U want APC TO WIN PLS HIT LIKE...... and guys pls dont for get my signature... as an apc member[b][/b]

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta: FG Sets Up C'ttee To Recover Illegal Arms And Stop Spate Of Bombing / We Are Investigating One Ministry Over ₦‎4 Billion Contract Scam – EFCC / Oyebanji Congratulates President Tinubu On Election As ECOWAS Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.