Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:40 AM

Okorocha Reads Riot Act To Striking Judicial Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Reads Riot Act To Striking Judicial Workers (550 Views)

Riot Ongoing In Makurdi, Benue State (Photos) / Oduduwa Republic Group Reads Riot Act To Hausa/fulani And Igbos (video) / Okorocha Read Riot Act To Striking Judicial Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha Reads Riot Act To Striking Judicial Workers by Frankiss44(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2016
OWERRI—Imo State government has warned striking members of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, JUSUN, that it would implement “no work, no pay” policy, if the workers failed to return to work. Gov. Rochas Okorocha Gov. Rochas Okorocha Governor Rochas Okorocha read the riot act yesterday when the Imo State Council of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, played host to him at the Press Centre, Owerri. “The judiciary workers in the state have been on strike for several weeks now. I want to warn them immediately that this administration will now adopt the policy of no work, no pay for as long as they fail to return to work. I will use their salaries for the development of the state”, Okorocha said. Addressing the protests engineered by the demolition of people’s homes and business outfits in and around Owerri municipality, Okorocha vowed to continue with what his administration was doing. “I am looking ahead for the state. I am not deterred by the protests or what people say or write in the papers about this administration. People can say what they like, while I will continue to do what I think best for the state,” the governor warned. Answering a question on the proposed relocation of the Owerri Main Market, Governor Okorocha said he would not go back on the plan. “That market will be relocated to Egbeada. I know Vanguard will not like this proposal but it is a programme that must be accomplished,” Okorocha said.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/okorocha-reads-riot-act-striking-judicial-workers/
Re: Okorocha Reads Riot Act To Striking Judicial Workers by Flexherbal(m): 11:36am On Jul 12, 2016
He said : he will use their salary to develop the state.
Politicians!

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Has Been Given 7 Day Ultimatum By Gbaramatu Women / David Mark Wins Onjeh Again / Breaking!!! Fire Guts INEC Office In Rivers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.