Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% (14096 Views)

Oil Production Cost Per Barrel Down To $20, Says NNPC / Nnpc Cuts Production Cost To $23/barrel / Fcmb’s Profit Rises By 109% To N16.3bn In 2016, Declares 10k Dividend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by doctokwus: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
Govt shud wage a similar war on the economy.
Too slow when economy requires a 24/7 action.
The greatest tragedy that can ever befall a govt is when it starts being compared to GEJ. It's a benchmark best left to the stuff of nightmares.
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by 989900E: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
Many industrial firms, especially those operating in the food, beverages and conglomerates sub-sector had about a decade ago, relocated to Ghana after being offered incentives like 15-year tax holiday, free land and other policy initiatives which would drive their businesses.

Throw in stable power supply . . . and that's how you lure in investors en masse.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by EkeBarry(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
ChappyChase:
My uncle makes plastics, right now he is planing to move to Togo!!!! shocked shocked.
So like John the Baptist, I ask Nigerians and APC "is Buhari the Messiah or are we to expect Another"
i think i have a business proposal for ur uncle, with regards to the plastic making
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by seunny4lif(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
I no understand abeg
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by ehissi(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
angelo5uk:
Next time when these poliTHIEFcians(Buhari and Jonathan Inclusive) start screaming CHANGE again.... Nigeria will ask what kind of change it is.

No need to ask, I can answer this one. This APC government na #100 change. angry
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by gurunlocker: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ryabcool:
FG is trying to add 6000 MW, militants are bombing pipelines. And the supporters of the militants are the same ones blaming Buhari for the bad economy. Why SW still feels the need to be lax about pushing for Regionalism and geopolitical self sustenance is beyond me.

You zombies will always have excuses, WTF are you saying? Talk about the article not that bullshi t you typed up there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by olaitoro(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
I pity salary workers and civil servants the most, because their purchasing power (i.e constant salary) is depreciating with the current economic crunch.

it seems that 2x2 shop owners are the ones flexing this change, because their profit margin has increased. All thanks to change
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by meltiplexer: 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
So diesel is now #200 per liter,am sure very soon will start buying petrol for #200 too. when the subsidy on diesel was removed we are hoping for the price to come down but the price is going up. what is happening in this country and nobody is telling us why things keep rising everyday making life so hard for the common people.in 'mama peace voice' there is God ooooooooo, Naijabet man say so
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by olaitoro(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
meltiplexer:
So diesel is now #200 per liter,am sure very soon will start buying petrol for #200 too. when the subsidy on diesel was removed we are hoping for the price to come down but the price is going up. what is happening in this country and nobody is telling us why things keep rising everyday making life so hard for the common people.in 'mama peace voice' there is God ooooooooo, Naijabet man say so

Buhari's non diplomatic utterances and poor economic decisions put this country in this mess.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by Mintek: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ryabcool:
FG is trying to add 6000 MW, militants are bombing pipelines. And the supporters of the militants are the same ones blaming Buhari for the bad economy. Why SW still feels the need to be lax about pushing for Regionalism and geopolitical self sustenance is beyond me.

"...regionalism and self-sustenance..."

Oh really?

You knew the benefits of Fiscal Federalism yet you allowed Tinubu enslave you to the north who are unrepentantly anti-Fiscal Federalism? Who's going to install Fiscal Federalism now, Buhari? grin I can't stop laughing.

Didn't we warn you to eschew sentiment prior to the elections? Out of nothing but sheer hate for Jonathan you sold out the South West to the very people who will stop at nothing to frustrate restructuring and you're here advocating federalism.

Ebinu ori, efi fila yin dedi. Ee pe loko eru. cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by I888(m): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
gurunlocker:

You zombies will always have excuses, WTF are you saying? Talk about the article not that bullshi t you typed up there.
he has point.
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by frozenSun(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
I think it is better for the manufacturer to move out of Nigeria.
Rather than stay in Nigeria and make substandard good so as to remain in business.

look at the price of everything is getting bigger while the quantity and quality is depreciating.

As a kid, I can remember how many times we changed our electric bulbs in the house. but these days u can change one bulb 3 times b4 the year ends. even the lampholder and wires melt. can you imagine?

you leave soap in water for TWO MINUTES and it varnishes

Milk is now tasteless.

back then, u cant use 2 cubes of sugar to drink tea but now u almost need 7.

No good & affordable plastic chairs.

Sharing spoon bends when you are turning rice on fire.

back in boarding school, your cabin biscuits will remain crispy if you put it in milk. but now it will melt before you put milk.

Substandard goods everywhere even when you bring out money to buy.

abeg let the companies go instead of making rubbish for us in the name of trying to do business in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by seguno2: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ryabcool:

I thought we were told that Buhari will deal with the militants just as he dealt with Maitatsine terrorists in the past.
Has that changed?
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by aloeman15(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
Wetn dey do deez pipul sef. Abi dem neva hear of lobby groups b4? Why cant they partner with the fg to solve the problems instead of whining all the time?!
Not a single suggestion in sight on how to find a way out. Are they babies?
And to all wailing hailers-
Better find positive use of your data cos soon una no go see moni browse again.
Bunkum
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by egobetatoday: 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
no thanks to His highness the dullard of daura mumudu buhari
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by lildush(m): 6:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
Oh nigeria. Oh buhari.. Wat are u doing in aso rock? Pls resign..
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by bitchcrafts: 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
I still don't know why there isn't a mass protest yet if things are this bad. Maybe I'm wrong, they say an hungry man is an angry man right?
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by chachanga: 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Too bad. Effects of "change".

I've said it before and I'll say it again - BUHARI IS AN ECONOMIC TERRORIST.

Unmitigated application of poorly timed harsh policies back2Back catalyzed all this mess.

If this presido were to have hit the ground running instead of idling in neutral-gear for so many months with 'body-language' politics discomfiting the international community/investors, ehn?

Learning on the job and still appointing brain-dead Rebranded "Tokunbo" Looters as Ministers while playing Ludo with all indices for economic growth.

Well, he has started. Let him learn well and take beta counsel to finish strong.

bitchcrafts:
I still don't know why there isn't a mass protest yet if things are this bad. Maybe I'm wrong, they say an hungry man is an angry man right?

Mass Pro- wetin?
Who wan die?! embarassed
People still dey manage garri & gala ontop "e go better" now? So, no shaking!

frozenSun:
I think it is better for the manufacturer to move out of Nigeria.
Rather than stay in Nigeria and make substandard good so as to remain in business.
look at the price of everything is getting bigger while the quantity and quality is depreciating.
As a kid, I can remember how many times we changed our electric bulbs in the house. but these days u can change one bulb 3 times b4 the year ends. even the lampholder and wires melt. can you imagine?
you leave soap in water for TWO MINUTES and it varnishes
Milk is now tasteless.
back then, u cant use 2 cubes of sugar to drink tea but now u almost need 7.
No good & affordable plastic chairs.
Sharing spoon bends when you are turning rice on fire.
back in boarding school, your cabin biscuits will remain crispy if you put it in milk. but now it will melt before you put milk.
Substandard goods everywhere even when you bring out money to buy.
abeg let the companies go instead of making rubbish for us in the name of trying to do business in Nigeria

Their going spells more doom for Nigeria on short, mid & long term, bro!
it's as counter-productive as shyyt cos ur gonna start giving hard-earned forex to Ghana.
Shey ur having it Bad being an import-slave of 1st World Industrial Economies, wait till neighborhood pigmies like Zim, Botswana etc starting scrrewing you from the back!
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by vigilantee(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
henryagori:
Those who voted for change would not admit it dat they have done a great mistake, they continue saying its a gradual process, especially those yoruba muslims they talk rubbish wen they dont know anything about d quran
You are very foolish. Can't you use your little brain to talk like normal human being for once. Must other people opinion be the same with yours. U hardly read a commet of Muslims insulting anyone's religion. But that's your own source of happiness. You can continue, after u will come and cry out that Hausa Muslim kill your father. Mumu
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by ivandragon: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
when BH was on a rampage killing innocent people in the north & making the country ungovernable, we blamed GEJ for not handling the matter well & that the buck stops at his table. Now, the NDA are causing havoc with pipelines & some hypocrites have technically forgotten that the buck stops at PMB's table... by the way, who even had a better cause? BH or NDA?
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Look At diesel that subsidy has been removed a long time, yet the price keeps sky rocketting. Fraudulent Oil marketers.
No one knows how much diesel we produce & how much is consumed. This is a pointer to the fact that price of petrol will never go down. These oil marketers will alwys collectively agree to sell at a higher price!
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by Draculadick(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
people would be blaming buhari but when the niger delta militants keep sabotaging the country by blowing up oil and gas pipelines electricity is supposed to be atleast stable for now if not for the avengers. How can we get gas when they keep up blowing the pipelines how can our revenue increase with the low price of oil internationally. people should make research and find out how many times the avengers have blown up oil installations since feb this yr close to say 40 times and people would come out and start blaming buhari
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
olaitoro:
I pity salary workers and civil servants the most, because their purchasing power (i.e constant salary) is depreciating with the current economic crunch.

it seems that 2x2 shop owners are the ones flexing this change, because their profit margin has increased. All thanks to change

No be so oh baba. Shop owners are complaining for reduced revenue.... A shop owner who sells for example 30 jeans daily last year is complaining bcause he finds it hard to even sell 10 jeans now. So no be as u think o, if the people are broke, it means reduced spending which affects shop owners
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by Ryabcool(m): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
gurunlocker:

it's either you are mad or you quoted the wrong person. Do I look like a APC card carrying member or have you seen me dishing out dumb political arguments with idiots like you? If you don't understand the context I was following and the point I'm driving at, then I suggest you upgrade your mental faculty so as to be able to grasp my comment. Look at this moniker very well and make a mental note to never quote it again if you know you don't wanna be tongue lashed to limbo. Animal.

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by Ryabcool(m): 9:42am On Jul 13, 2016
Mintek:

"...regionalism and self-sustenance..."

Oh really?

You knew the benefits of Fiscal Federalism yet you allowed Tinubu enslave you to the north who are unrepentantly anti-Fiscal Federalism? Who's going to install Fiscal Federalism now, Buhari? grin I can't stop laughing.

Didn't we warn you to eschew sentiment prior to the elections? Out of nothing but sheer hate for Jonathan you sold out the South West to the very people who will stop at nothing to frustrate restructuring and you're here advocating federalism.

Ebinu ori, efi fila yin dedi. Ee pe loko eru. cheesy grin
I would have replied you in like manner, but then it would mean my IQ is also 29. So, run along and take your irrelevance with you.
Re: Manufacturers Contemplate Exit As Production Cost Rises By Over 50% by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2016
Honza27:
Once a dullard always a President Buhari

Buhari you see your life?
him tell you say him de find work for manufacturing company

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stock Market Suffers N280 Billion Loss In One Week / Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) / Christmas: Lagos Beer Parlour Operators Lament Low Patronage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.