Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread (29259 Views)

Infinix Note 4/4 Pro Official Discussion Thread / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Official Specsand Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by Kiady16: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
CuteCeo:

New One or used?
It's 105k
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by 100naira(m): 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kiady16:
105k for a 2015 phone? When m6 is in the same price bracket?. Gionee dey smoke fish? Anyways the phone get app drawer?.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by tall2ce(m): 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
100naira:
105k for a 2015 phone? When m6 is in the same price bracket?. Gionee dey smoke fish? Anyways the phone get app drawer?.
what is app drawer?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by 100naira(m): 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
tall2ce:
what is app drawer?
app drawer is that non physical button that when you press it, it reveals all the apps in your phone in alphabetical order.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by Nonsoco80(m): 7:26am On Jan 18, 2017
Gionee M5 plus did not have App drawer with its native Amigo launcher. U can download other launchers from play store like Nova to be able to use app drawer.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by MEILYN(m): 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
This phone is just a pain in the assssss...

A phone I bought #105k didn't even stay up to a month before the charging port got spoilt. I went for a new charger, hoping it would work, but nothing happened. I only wasted my money getting a new charger.

My phone has been in their service Centre since last week Tuesday and nothing has been done about it. Tomorrow will make it a week. I have gone to their customer service Centre twice wasting up to #5000 from Badagry.

I have lost thousands of Naira because of the information I have on the phone. I couldn't even charge it to get my information out because it will be on 0 percent forever. A phone that isn't up to two months would have to undergo repairs which is very bad...

Their engineers aren't even that good.. I saw a phone they repaired and I was very upset with the roughness of the engineer's work.

Everybody online is complaining of the same problem. In fact, I met 4 people there that day with the same problem.

Gionee should work on their customer care service. I think it's very very bad, I am not even sure their engineers have the right tools to fix our phones. They have been telling me stories since last week that the materials needed to fix my phone isn't available. It's total rubbish and I will never buy their phones again.

Check the previous page, I was happy to have bought the phone, but now I am regretting it.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by Kiady16: 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
MEILYN:

A phone I bought #105k didn't even stay up to a month before the charging port got spoilt. I went for a new charger, hoping it would work, but nothing happened. I only wasted my money getting a new charger.

My phone has been in their service Centre since last week Tuesday and nothing has been done about it. Tomorrow will make it a week. I have gone to their customer service Centre twice wasting up to #5000 from Badagry.

I have lost thousands of Naira because of the information I have on the phone. I couldn't even charge it to get my information out because it will be on 0 percent forever. A phone that isn't up to two months would have to undergo repairs which is very bad...

Their engineers aren't even that good.. I saw a phone they repaired and I was very upset with the roughness of the engineer's work.

Everybody online is complaining of the same problem. In fact, I met 4 people there that day with the same problem.

Gionee should work on their customer care service. I think it's very very bad, I am not even sure their engineers have the right tools to fix our phones. They have been telling me stories since last week that the materials needed to fix my phone isn't available. It's total rubbish and I will never buy their phones again.

Check the previous page, I was happy to have bought the phone, but now I am regretting it.
please call this number tommorrow between the hours of 8a.m to 5.pm and tell them you want to speak to Justine or Ope. Sorry for the inconvience

1 Like

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by MEILYN(m): 10:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
Kiady16:
please call this number tommorrow between the hours of 8a.m to 5.pm and tell them you want to speak to Justine or Ope. Sorry for the inconvience
Where's the number please?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by Kiady16: 11:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
MEILYN:
Where's the number please?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by MEILYN(m): 12:03am On Jan 24, 2017
Kiady16:
Okay, thanks. I will do that tomorrow.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by MEILYN(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2017
Kiady16:
So I called and spoke with Justin. He said I should text him some details and that he would follow it up. I have sent him the details, I am hoping something would be done. I had to go back to my old phone.

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by jerome84(m): 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
MEILYN:

My phone has been in their service Centre since last week Tuesday and nothing has been done about it. Tomorrow will make it a week. I have gone to their customer service Centre twice wasting up to #5000 from Badagry

Met some one at the gionee office Aba Road Phc with same problem u're experiencing, the man was so so furious with the customer care agents at Gionee, I had same charging issues and also the fone unable to read 2 sims at the same time, I bought a new charger from them And also the phone was upgraded free for me, the charging problem was resolved cos of the new charger I bought from them, but still could not read 2/sims, am currently enjoying the fone using just 1 sim, my advice...don't use ur Gionee detachable charger for other phones.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by Kiady16: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
Yes, your problem would be resolved.
MEILYN:
So I called and spoke with Justin. He said I should text him some details and that he would follow it up. I have sent him the details, I am hoping something would be done. I had to go back to my old phone.

Thanks...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by MEILYN(m): 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
jerome84:

Met some one at the gionee office Aba Road Phc with same problem u're experiencing, the man was so so furious with the customer care agents at Gionee, I had same charging issues and also the fone unable to read 2 sims at the same time, I bought a new charger from them And also the phone was upgraded free for me, the charging problem was resolved cos of the new charger I bought from them, but still could not read 2/sims, am currently enjoying the fone using just 1 sim, my advice...don't use ur Gionee detachable charger for other phones.
I don't use my charger for other phones. It's a type C charger and I don't have a type C phone apart from Gionee M5 Plus. When it comes to taking care of phones, I can authoritatively tell you that I am one of the best. I don't play with my phone at all, I always handle it with care.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by MEILYN(m): 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Kiady16:
Yes, your problem would be resolved.
It has been solved.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by MEILYN(m): 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by Kiady16: 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by Kiady16: 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
MEILYN:
Assuming I spoilt the phone out of my own carelessness I would have taken responsibility. The phone just stopped charging, I totally believed it was the charger causing it. I couldn't fault anything else. I was really surprised when I found out it was from the phone.
please call this number 08175240616 again and tell them you want to speak with Justine.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by MEILYN(m): 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
Kiady16:
please call this number 08175240616 again and tell them you want to speak with Justine.
Bro, it's been the charger all along. The chord I bought from Gionee was faulty. Well, everything is fine now. Thanks so much.

I pray it doesn't happen again....
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by Kiady16: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
ok
MEILYN:
Bro, it's been the charger all along. The chord I bought from Gionee was faulty. Well, everything is fine now. Thanks so much.

I pray it doesn't happen again....
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by stinville(m): 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
Has anyone been able to flash custom ROM on the m5 plus?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by jerome84(m): 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
stinville:
Has anyone been able to flash custom ROM on the m5 plus?

Do you think that's possible, ?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by dtkages(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2017
Has anybody been able to root his/her m5 plus And how plz.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by stinville(m): 11:06am On Feb 06, 2017
jerome84:

Do you think that's possible, ?
sure
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by stinville(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2017
dtkages:
Has anybody been able to root his/her m5 plus And how plz.
yes, try the lastest kingroot 5.0
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by dtkages(m): 1:07am On Feb 07, 2017
stinville:

yes, try the lastest kingroot 5.0
plz when and how did u do it. Cos I tried several time with different KingRoot app and it refused to root...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by stinville(m): 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2017
dtkages:
plz when and how did u do it. Cos I tried several time with different KingRoot app and it refused to root...

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by peeguy(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
anyone wanna sell M5plus?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by dtkages(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
stinville:

plz can u give me ur number let's chat?? Thanks
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by stinville(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2017
dtkages:
plz can u give me ur number let's chat?? Thanks
Check your email
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by puyol5: 9:14am On Feb 08, 2017
peeguy:
go to market.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread by CuteCeo: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2017
peeguy:

2.3.4 8189.71 5 230

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

8 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do / Modern Combat 4 Vs Modern Combat 5 (graphics Comparism) / Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.