Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death (2110 Views)

Forgery: Ekweremadu Lied To Chief Judge, Say APC Senators / Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by lekywhite(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
Pastor Chris Okotie’s reaction to Chief Gani’s death……….

Gani!

[b][size=14pt]No No No. Let somebody tell me this is a huge joke. Am in tears. The grand initiation of Chief Gani Fawehinmi has since brought me emotional laceration and thrown me into a state of utter catalepsy. This was a man who inured himself in the aqua of self abnegation and immolation just to give justice to the down-trodden. Can there be another GANI in Nigeria ’s legal firmament? I dare say I have my doubts. Chief Gani Fawehinmi was simply inimitable, puritanically committed, inscrutably remonstrative, ideologically transcendental, quixotically cosmopolitan and a ready conveyor-belt of legal tomahawks which he intrepidly deployed in his cascading fulminations against our philistine military and political class. His transition is not just the fall of an Iroko but indeed the grand initiation of an iconic legal salamander. We only hope that we didactically learn herefrom that it’s not so much our sybaritic life styles that matters more than the quality of service we render whilst we sojourn on this earth plane…….[/size]
[/b]

[size=14pt]I guess it all simply means the man is dead and we will miss him. Finish[/size]
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by amebono1: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
i need a dictionary grin grin grin
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
Na wa ooo
Chris Chris. . . . .
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by SamMilla1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
who was he addressing?

the British House of Assembly or Nigerians who never chop for the day ?
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by madamL(f): 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
He couldn't have said that! That is too much big grammar even for him. I miss his grammar, where is he these days? What of the sequel to the great Last Outcast?
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by sleekp1: 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2009
Nigerians would  use 15th century obscure words to prove they can speak English. This is typical of Nigerians, we speak "retardese" and expect people to understand.
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by Basildon1(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
Okotie himself, that guy gives me jokes, Wole Soyinka must find him very fascinating, grin
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by saworoide: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2009
I thought i undertand english language, until
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by otokx(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
Was it Chris that said it or that chappy in the house of reps?
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
Sam Milla:

who was he addressing?

grin grin cheesy I wonder o
His own is too much sef!! haba shocked shocked
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
Sam Milla:

who was he addressing?

ROFL
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by abhosts(m): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
The typical Nigerian will say: "Na Grammar we wan chop".
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
lekywhite:

Chief Gani Fawehinmi was simply inimitable, puritanically committed, inscrutably remonstrative, ideologically transcendental, quixotically cosmopolitan and a ready conveyor-belt of legal tomahawks which he intrepidly deployed in his cascading fulminations against our philistine military and political class. His transition is not just the fall of an Iroko but indeed the grand initiation of an iconic legal salamander. We only hope that we didactically learn herefrom that it’s not so much our sybaritic life styles that matters more than the quality of service we render whilst we sojourn on this earth plane…….[/size]

hahaha  grin   grin This is crazy!!!  cheesy
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by otukpo(f): 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
OMG!!!

This grammar is toooooooooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!!!
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by NobleOnye(f): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
This english sef! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by meekas(m): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
Uncle chris abeg cool down for Jesus grin
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by delejames(m): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
This is the part i love must, Damn!!!!!!!!!

lekywhite:

[size=14pt] Chief Gani Fawehinmi was simply inimitable, puritanically committed, inscrutably remonstrative, ideologically transcendental, quixotically cosmopolitan and a ready conveyor-belt of legal tomahawks  .[/size]

[size=14pt][/size]

Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by Gamine(f): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
Iconic Legal Salamander?

LWKMD!

this man eh  grin grin grin
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ OP I looked at the source but it gives only one sentence as Chris Okotie's reaction
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by vanitty: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
hehehehe. cheesy
Thanks for the simple one sentence explanation at the end of it all.
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by floriana(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
Lekywhite. You are wrong pls.

This is not Okotie's tribute to Gani. This is Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon of the House of Reps.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/letters/article03//indexn2_html?pdate=100909&ptitle=Tribute%20to%20Gani

Your link in the original post leads to Okotie's tribute which is different from what you quoted to us. Pls give Obahiagbon his dues.

Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by Lsyters: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
Somebody should tell this man not to kill us with grammaroooooooooooooooo
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by bayourgold: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
Does that chap read English or something, any way the best communication is when ur audience understand ur plight, maybe we should ask his church members to come and do justice to this .Not to forget that A.Y and co. will have something to joke about!
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by K3L3CH1: 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ Poster

THE TITLE IS MISLEADING.

That was Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's reaction NOT Chris Okotie's.
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by VENUSS(f): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2009
@otokx , i tink same 2 . I see it as d words of da house of rep guy. D guy wan kil person. I never knew his is also a clown nd a player wit words. Wetin oyinbo wen get d language go come talk
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by anonimi: 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
Kris Okotie is just another hypocrite trying to get political ge from Gani's death.
And what dues(?) should be given to someone talikng to himself as in not making sense to the vast majority of the 140m Nigerians he is implicitly addressing.
Abi as the man be honourable, d people for im constituency na obodo oyibo people only.- ewu impostor. grin
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by floriana(m): 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2009
Translation of Patrick Obahiagbon to simple English

No No No. Let somebody tell me this is a huge joke. Am in tears. The grand initiation(A FORMAL ENTRY) of Chief Gani Fawehinmi has since brought me emotional laceration(A TORN RAGGED WOUND) and thrown me into a state of utter catalepsy(A TRANCE LIKE STATE WITH LOSS OF VOLUNTARY MOTION AND FAILURE TO REACT TO STIMULI). This was a man who injured himself in the aqua(WATER) of self abnegation(RENUNCIATION OF YOUR OWN INTEREST IN FAVOUR OF THE INTERESTS OF OTHERS) and immolation(KILLING OR OFFERING AS A SACRIFICE) just to give justice to the down-trodden(THE OPPRESSED). Can there be another GANI in Nigeria’s legal firmament(SPHERE)? I dare say i have my doubts. Chief Gani Fawehinmi was simply inimitable(MATCHLESS), puritanically(PRUDISHLY) committed, inscrutably remonstrative(MYSTIFYING OPPOSTION), ideologically transcendental(NONNATURAL), quixotically cosmopolitan(WILDEYED UNIVERSAL) and a ready conveyor-belt of legal tomahawks(HATCHETS) which he intrepidly(FEARLESSLY) deployed in his cascading fulminations(THUNDEROUS VERBAL ATTACK) against our philistine military and political class. His transition is not just the fall of an Iroko but indeed the grand initiation of an iconic legal salamander(FIRE HOOK). We only hope that we didactically(INSTRUCTIVELY) learn herefrom that it’s not so much our sybaritic(LUXURIOUS) life styles that matters more than the quality of service we render whilst we sojourn(RESIDE TEMPORARILY) on this earth plane.

Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by sley4life(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2009
source?
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by canuck(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2009
floriana:

Lekywhite. You are wrong pls.

This is not Okotie's tribute to Gani. This is Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon of the House of Reps.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/letters/article03//indexn2_html?pdate=100909&ptitle=Tribute%20to%20Gani

Your link in the original post leads to Okotie's tribute which is different from what you quoted to us. Pls give Obahiagbon his dues.

Abeg tell dem o!!!
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by FBS: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2009
Mods abeg do your job. Topic is highly misleading.
Who made that statement, Chris O  or Patrick O?
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by PROJECT: 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
u guys in nairaland are such a n illiterate do u read links before u react ar what, dat waS NOT OKOTIES COMMENTand why would some fool who cant even dare acheive half of what okotie has acheive make foolish statements about his political experiments ,now i know we deserve the leaders we have , in a country where people just open their dirty mouth just to exhibit their foolishness,nairaland is such a failure cos the real reason why it was established has failed and that is just another example of the nigerian state
Re: A Reaction To Chief Gani’s Death by lekywhite(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
Florina, Thanks for the correction, i dont know if someone doesnt like the post i actually sent it twice and it was deleted before this could stay on this post and at the end of the post i wrote could this be Pastor Chris?

No No No. Let somebody tell me this is a huge joke. Am in tears. The grand initiation of Chief Gani Fawehinmi has since brought me emotional laceration and thrown me into a state of utter catalepsy. This was a man who inured himself in the aqua of self abnegation and immolation just to give justice to the down-trodden. Can there be another GANI in Nigeria ’s legal firmament? I dare say I have my doubts. Chief Gani Fawehinmi was simply inimitable, puritanically committed, inscrutably remonstrative, ideologically transcendental, quixotically cosmopolitan and a ready conveyor-belt of legal tomahawks which he intrepidly deployed in his cascading fulminations against our philistine military and political class. His transition is not just the fall of an Iroko but indeed the grand initiation of an iconic legal salamander. We only hope that we didactically learn herefrom that it’s not so much our sybaritic life styles that matters more than the quality of service we render whilst we sojourn on this earth plane…….

I guess it all simply means the man is dead and we will miss him. Finish

Could this be Pastor Chris?

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Million Signatures Against Atiku The War Monger! / Eye Witness Account-failed Jos Bomb Blasts As Genocide Of Christians Continues / Yar'adua Died Without Building A House Of His Own; An Example Of Humility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.