Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

I Support State Police, Oppose Regional Structures – Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support State Police, Oppose Regional Structures – Osinbajo (1713 Views)

I Am Igbo And I Support Operation Python Dance 100% / I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo) / Bakare: Why I Support Buhari On Deregulation And Opposed Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Support State Police, Oppose Regional Structures – Osinbajo by Vatsyayana: 7:09am On Jul 13, 2016
Did you not hear him? He supports fiscal federalism.

modath:

PYO sef!! undecided State police without fiscal indepedence? How will that work?

He should stop drinking whatever concoction that has made him oblivious to the unworkability of this blasted unitary retrogressive and unproductive crap we are hell bent on practising even if it kills us all unacceptable!!
Re: I Support State Police, Oppose Regional Structures – Osinbajo by Jesusloveyou: 8:09am On Jul 13, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

Even though I disagree with the VP on regionalism, I understand clearly his position. I believe he wants restructuring without regionalism.
yea! u are right, regionalism wil increase what we fear most- ethnicity and tribalism, it wil make us more far from each other, and incline us to balkanisation of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Support State Police, Oppose Regional Structures – Osinbajo by MadamExcellency: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
yea! u are right, regionalism wil increase what we fear most- ethnicity and tribalism, it wil make us more far from each other, and incline us to balkanisation of nigeria.

The old regional structures consist of several ethnicities in each region, where then is the tribalism?

Nnamdi Azikiwe contested election in the then Western region hence the logic is out of place and can be addressed in the new constitution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Presented With Evidence His Chief Of Staff Took N500m To Help MTN Reduce / Man Brutally Beaten For Been Addressed As A Biafran (photo) / African Blue Blood-the World's Oldest-worshiped By The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.