Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? (4672 Views)

Warren Buffett’s 5/25 Rule Will Help You Focus On The Things That Matter / Exls Life Services At Port Harcourt... What Are The Company Into. I Mean What Re / Career: I Sincerely Request Advice On This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 13, 2016
1.In search of a job in Nigeria/ globally, Would you desire to have a peep into the workspace and work environment of the job you are applying for ?

2.Do you think the ambience and aesthetics of the workplace attracts the right employees and does this add and increase staff productivity?

Your candid responses would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 17, 2016
Any answers..
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by NaLaugh: 6:51am On Aug 21, 2016
Yes.

Chaos of environment = chaos of mind. The more open and minimalist your work space is, the easier it is to focus and be productive.

A tightly packed office with cubicles, desks, table fans from the 1980s (complete with 80s era dust still on them) only cause mental fatigue.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Innodon(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2016
Ok
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by scarr: 6:53am On Aug 21, 2016
Yes ofcourse.
Walking from the reception to Internal Control office is like a 100m race. Reduces productivity alot
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:53am On Aug 21, 2016
Ok
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Junior66(m): 6:55am On Aug 21, 2016
I refuse to help you answer your exam questions. :PI refuse to help you answer your exam questions.
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Adesiji77: 6:57am On Aug 21, 2016
1.Certainly, but I will consider other factors
2.Yes, it does.
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by ariesbull: 6:58am On Aug 21, 2016
The second point is basic. We know Airtel as a firm has origins in Asia. That’s not a problem and we welcome foriegn direct investments. But we have to put the cultural milieu of the business location in consideration before some things can be aired. Maybe the advert company that directed and produced that advert might be Asians . I am not sure about this ,but it is not African scene to see a woman reading newspaper in the house while the food is burning. This scene is so wrong that we in Nigeria are patrilineal and there are basic roles both sexes play in homes and this advert did portray the wrong image. In a nutshell,the Airtel advert made it so cool that a woman can read paper and the food burbs while the husband looks on.
https://etimesafrica./2016/08/21/airtel-advert-so-unnigerian/

1 Like

Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by hardbody: 6:59am On Aug 21, 2016
Of course it does matter.

Anything else?

You are welcome
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by vybrant(m): 7:01am On Aug 21, 2016
Yes it does.
But what matters more is the edge the company will have over its competitors
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by topmarks: 7:03am On Aug 21, 2016
another fp
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2016
It sure does.
The effect may or maynot determine productivity in the long run though.
Productivity is determined by a lot of factors.
Just one factor isn't enough to determine the level of productivity.
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by LordEmperoris1(m): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2016
k
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2016
1.In search of a job in Nigeria/ globally, Would you desire to have a peep into the workspace and work environment of the job you are applying for ?

2.Do you think the ambience and aesthetics of the workplace attracts the right employees and does this add and increase staff productivity?

1. Yes i will desire but how much freedom i get to show my skills come first, next is the pay.
2. Ambience and aesthetics matter if you are trying to portray a great image to your CLIENT, not employee
Your employee will get bored of the aesthetics in a matter of weeks anyways.

does it attract the right employees?
yes and no, it depends on your yardstick for "right"
e.g.
I will not employ a programmer who can't automate repetitive processes like code compilation
because it is just not productive to waste valuable 5 minutes every time you need to compile your code
when in fact, you can create a small script to do that with just a click while
on the other end, you may be fine with that

does it add or increase staff productivity?
No.
Workplace arrangement, desk organisation, computer networkings/file sharing/remote access office PCs, flexibility of office protocols etc. does, Those has nothing to do with aesthetics
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by alabi484(m): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2016
workers, oya make una see food
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Cholls(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2016
my brother take for instance......your workplace is in Lekki and you live in Ikorodu..........living Ikorodu to Lekki everyday can reduce your productivity mehn.
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by babestella: 7:50am On Aug 21, 2016
Yes, it gives you a balanced mindset and corrects your perception and psychology about life, work and output.

1 Like

Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Safari29: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2016
Yessso, especially civil servant. Steady salary but office look like garbage. no inspiration

1 Like

Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by NairaMaster1(m): 9:20am On Aug 21, 2016
NPF office undecided undecided undecided
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by advanceDNA: 10:02am On Aug 21, 2016
ofcourse...abience is everything... its like a babes bush up bra, the padded assss, the brazillian and peruvian human hair, the overall general neatness..... makes the company attractive right from the door step like my pal uasually say i *****dont know wat attarcts him to GTB and access Bank anytime he passes by, he feels like entering to go open an account*****
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by strategic: 11:40am On Aug 21, 2016
1. Yes
2. Yes
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Sibrah: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
If you ve work in a family business where promotion is by "who you kill?" A.K.A. "Who you help?" then you know that ambience matters.
Re: SURVEY REQUEST :would The Ambience Of The Company Matter ? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
Thanks a lot.... your responses are well appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Introduction To R Programming Training / Remote Work: What You Need To Know, And Where To Begin. / Meet The Lady Who Makes Furniture With Used Tyres Gotten From Dumpsites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.