Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Sports Ministry Unaware Of Nigeria U23 Usa Tour - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sports Ministry Unaware Of Nigeria U23 Usa Tour (365 Views)

Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria / Dalung Poses With KatsuyaTakasu After Helping U23 Team / Nigeria U23 Vs Germany U23 Drop your Predictions.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sports Ministry Unaware Of Nigeria U23 Usa Tour by prinsam30: 9:33am On Jul 13, 2016
The sports minister maintains that he is in the dark over the Dream Team VI’s choice of the North American nation for Rio preparations.

Nigeria sports minister Solomon Dalung has made it clear that he is unaware of Nigeria U23’s trip to the United States of America.

Samson Siasia’s team departed for the North African nation last week to continue their preparations for 2016 Rio Olympics.

When quizzed on why the sports ministry has not come to the aid of the team who could be thrown out of their hotel in Atlanta Georgia, due to their inability to settle their bills, Dalung stated categorically that he was never informed of the tour.

“The issue of our U- 23 National team suffering in the United States of America is news to me. In fact I am hearing it from you (the media) for the first time,” Dalung told media.

“They (Nigeria U23) didn’t tell us what they were there for and who took them there. It doesn’t mean that if somebody goes to the market and has problem then you will come and ask the ministry. The question is who took them there? And what are they there for?

“Because they are U23 national team, they went to the US and they are having problems, does that become our business?

“When they were traveling to US from your information, were you told we that we were informed? Before you (the media) asked us to account for something you should know whether we are aware of it.

“If they are throwing them out of the hotel then they should meet who took them there.

“They were supposed to be given a letter approving they are travelling from the minister’s office. Then if they ask me, I will tell you that I approved it and this is the reason.”

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/07/13/25578182/sports-ministry-unaware-of-nigeria-u23-usa-tour

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Perfect Team In The EPL? / The Compilation / DSTV Collective Decoder For Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.