Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (17138 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Error of catastrophe was proposed by Leslie Orgel in 1963 and it was originally a very popular theory because it made a great deal of sense. Although the theory per se has by now been largely discarded due to a lack of experimental supporting evidence, elements of the theory are still being investigated as possible factors in aging
Youre are just been crude by arguing a Cat evolving to Dog.
That's biological nonsense, it doesnt work that way.
Meanwhile, i've got many material that could aid you in your quest for evolutionary proofs but i'm typing this from a Nokia 2700c.
I'm sure you know how it feels buh if you don't mind you can read the article bout misconceptions people like you have about evolution.
For your reading pleasure; http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/misconceptions_faq.php#a2

In another news, i'm in a live scene where some members of the dreaded Boko-haram were arrested at Agege market by men of NPF, isokoko police station, Agege.
If a bomb had gone off, maybe i'd be gone too.
I thank my stars.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Youre are just been crude by arguing a Cat evolving to Dog.
That's biological nonsense, it doesnt work that way.
Meanwhile, i've got many material that could aid you in your quest for evolutionary proofs but i'm typing this from a Nokia 2700c.
I'm sure you know how it feels buh if you don't mind you can read the article bout misconceptions people like you have about evolution.
For your reading pleasure; http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/misconceptions_faq.php#a2

Bro I respect you a lot. Dont show me someone elses assumptions and theories. Show me todays proof. Show me yours that you used to confirm anothers theory on evolution.

The burden of proof to support belief is upon the person who claims they believe.

Show me.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

And I said stop trying to shift our focus.

Your science with its roots in evolution said categorically that it is IMPOSSIBLE to merge a dogs DNA with a cats DNA even if they attempt the genetic modificarion themselves for eons.

If Science cannot do it throufh deliberate actions how can evolution do it to perfection through randomness?

Science tries to reproduce nature, to replicate it, not vice-versa
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
The Second Law of Thermodynamics establishes that everything in the world becomes more disordered over time, in the absence of intelligent intervention. TRUE OR FALSE?

CC cloudgoddess
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
SirWere:

Science tries to reproduce nature, to replicate it, not vice-versa

So nature is more powerful and way more intelligent than scientists are. True or false?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
Biologists on Nairaland; I believe you have a job to do.

I believe it will be benefical to all if you open a thread of evolution in the Science and Tech section; where you give detailed insights, answer FAQ's and give examples.

Else, we'll keep seeing accidents threads like this.

Cc cloudgoddess, donffd, Ofennamu, krystalkris,......etal.

Op, I don't blame you, really I don't.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
SirWere:
Biologists on Nairaland; I believe you have a job to do.

I believe it will be benefical to all if you open a thread of evolution in the Science and Tech section; where you give detailed insights, answer FAQ's and give examples.

Else, we'll keep seeing accidents threads like this.

Cc cloudgoddess, donffd, Ofennamu, krystalkris,......etal.

Op, I don't blame you, really I don't.

Why would you blame me? I asked for Proof and no single one of you in your large numbers could offer me any. No bro the blame and shame is on you.

You have nothing so can show nothing. If you do then no need opening another thread. All of you should converge here and show this proof for all to see afterall the readers all do not have my mind do they?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Bro I respect you a lot. Dont show me someone elses assumptions and theories. Show me todays proof. Show me yours that you used to confirm anothers theory on evolution.

The burden of proof to support belief is upon the person who claims they believe.

Show me.
Those are the proofs!
We read em in books, schools etc.
We have to take it with faith just like the Brahmans take their scriptures by faith.
I have no proofs of my own;
"Learn to use the knowledge of the past, it is fools that learn by experience" ~Bismarck.
If you insist on a live proof, then i think it's the end of my contribution to this thread.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Those are the proofs!
We read em in books, schools etc.
We have to take it with faith just like the Brahmans take faith in their scriptures.
I have no proofs of my own;
"Learn to use the knowledge of the past, it is fools that learn by experience" ~Bismarck.

But I thought the whole evolutionary process is based on experience and not just knowledge. Science is based on proof and not just hearsay. Yes or no?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

But I thought the whole evolutionary process is based on experience and not just knowledge. Science is based on proof and not just hearsay. Yes or no?
You and me were not present when they decided 1+1 = 2.
So, if we could take that with faith, why not others?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

You and me were not present when they decided 1+1 = 2.
So, if we could take that with faith, why not others?

When I was a kid they did not teach me with figures they taught me with tangible objects thats why till today they still do in kindergartens and nursery schools.

An apple and an apple means more apples. I can see it that its more and not just solitary. So when they say 1 + 1 is 2 I can connect that to previous information gotten.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

When I was a kid they did not teach me with figures they taught me with tangible objects thats why till today they still do in kindergartens and nursery schools.

An apple and an apple means more apples. I can see it that its more and not just solitary. So when they say 1 + 1 is 2 I can connect that to previous information gotten.
Do you know some people could prove; 1+1 =1 while others would prove; 1+1 =3?!
Such is life, it is a puzzle.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Do you know some people could prove; 1+1 =1 while others would prove; 1+1 =3?!
Such is life, it is a puzzle.

Its no puzzle. If I have 6 apples and I take away 4 how many do I have left?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Its no puzzle. If I have 6 apples and I take away 4 how many do I have left?
2 apples of course but sombody invented the number "2"!
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

2 apples of course but sombody invented the number "2"!

Sorry the common sense and true answer is 4. Life isnt a puzzle
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Sorry the common sense and true answer is 4. Life isnt a puzzle
hahahahaha! That was fast! I think you should take a leaf outta Rob Green's Power book. It will surely help you. Law 38; " Think as you like but behave like others"

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
At this Juncture I need to taks a break and will be back in maybe another hour or so.

I want to believe that by the time I return some evolutionist would have taken time to provide tangible relatable evolutionary proof for me so I can learn.

I will not respond to those who just want to make a nuisance of themselves via memes and jabs. I am here to learn so focus all your energy on educating me.

See you all in an hour.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:
At this Juncture I need to taks a break and will be back in maybe another hour or so.

I want to believe that by the time I return some evolutionist would have taken time to provide tangible relatable evolutionary proof for me so I can learn.

I will not respond to those who just want to make a nuisance of themselves via memes and jabs. I am here to learn so focus all your energy on educating me.

See you all in an hour.
Bro, of what benefit is it to prove the great "evolution theory" was a myth, or a hoax?!
I suggest you learn more from the present human situations and come up with plans to better LIFE.
Once again, i see life as a puzzle without all the pieces in the box.
Socrates once said "The world is a puzzle, no need to make sense out of it"
Thanks for your time, have a good break.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by nnofaith: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
tempem:

But, they both have central conclusion.

Evolutionist never believed we were created.
Atheist never believed there is a God.

Isn't that the fact?!
we have theists who believe evolution was guided by a god. its not only atheists who believe in evolution.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ok I am back!

I can see no evolutionist dared try to post any proof. Isnt that strange? Well here we go again. I am still waiting for that numerous yet elusive proof o my people.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by wirinet(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with atheism. There were atheists centuries before Darwin. Stop mixing the two.
Darwin was a theist.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
wirinet:

Darwin was a theist.

Pls can we focus on the purpose of this thread. I am not here for theists or atheists I am here for evolutionists be they theists or atheists.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
Cloudgoddess I am still waiting for at least an attempt to answer my questions asked you directly. Wanna give it a try?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by stainlex(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
wirinet:

Darwin was a theist.
I think he meant 'before Darwin proposed the theory of evolution.

naijadeyhia:

I helped u with some highlights in your post.

So evolution isnt random so what is it? Intelligent?

This was all you could pick out from this sentence?

Evolution isn't a random mashing together of different species.

Look at both sentences again (and again if necessary) and see how you've cherry picked and misled yourself.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
stainlex:

Look at both sentences again (and again if necessary) and see how you've cherry picked and misled yourself.

I saw it clearly. So let me help rephrase. If evolution isnt the random mashing together of different species is it then the random mashing together of same species or the intelligent mashing together of same species?

If you randomly mash together same species would you get a different specie?

Yes or no?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
I have gotten 4 pages of all talk and assumptions and yet no tangible proof of evolution from my super evolutionists.

Is this proof tucked away somewhere in the uttermost parts of the earth?

Lets assume I do not know what evolution is and want to cut to the chase by demanding for relatable proof how can it be so so hard to provide?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
@op If U Need Tangible Evidence YouTube.com Is Always There For U!!

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
stainlex:

If you could pick that singular highlighted statement I made and leave out the rest what does that say?

If you have an answer say it and stop trying to explain me. Explain evolution with proof. I didnt ask for proof of me or my words but proof of evolution.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by felixomor: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:
I have gotten 4 pages of all talk and assumptions and yet no tangible proof of evolution from my super evolutionists.

Is this proof tucked away somewhere in the uttermost parts of the earth?

Lets assume I do not know what evolution is and want to cut to the chase by demanding for relatable proof how can it be so so hard to provide?

I wonder.
The man wey start the theory sef, based it on assumption and he himself believed in God.
The next generation of scientists, became extremists on top the matter, since then life has never been the same for us.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
Lilbrown007:
@op If U Need Tangible Evidence YouTube.com Is Always There For U!!

Who posted the purported proof on youtube? Same people who got it via assumptions.

We share 98% of our genes with apes yet somehow they lost the most important 2% and we got it. And with that 2% we are able to have over 120 languages and can reason and can plan and execute trips to mars and back.

How come we also share 80% of our genes with horses and same with mice as well as other creatures?

If the evolutionary process began millions of years ago then surely we are the future of those millions of years so where are todays evolutionary processes yet ongoing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
Just show this judge and court one little, itsy, bitsy proof of creatures evolving from one species into another species. Deliver the facts or publically admit your defeat and proclaim to the world you have lied to the world. Evolution does not exist. Prove me wrong. You can't, can you? So far, I see no intelligent answers from avowed atheists and or believers of evolution. Subject failed to deliver intellectual, scientific or reasonable evidence to support the subject of evolution.

I wonder why.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

TB Joshua Denies Prophesy On The Kidnap Of An East-African President / Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Tasha Cobbs - Put A Praise On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.