Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,113 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good (1880 Views)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / Religion Has Caused More Harm Than Any Good / What Has Religion Done For Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by Koreslee(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2016
Religion has caused more harm than good to me.
Reasons are stated below

1. The leading cause of
death throughout millennia has been a disagreement on
religion. We have had burnings, crusades, extermination, and
now we have jihadist crazies wanting to control the world.
Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to humanity and
will be its' destruction if the situation does not change and
people come to their senses.
2. Religion has its antecedents
in nationalism: the moral, cultural and legal identity of a
people. To that extent it was beneficial, in that it helped to turn
disparate families and tribes with shared language into a solid,
cooperative economic force.
But that happened in the Stone Age. By the late Bronze Age
when the major religions of the world were forming, religion
was a tool for enslavement, oppression, subjugation, and for
mobilising populations to war and conquest.
With few exceptions, religion has been a friend to tyrants and
an enemy to democracy; a friend to propaganda but an enemy
to free intellectual inquiry; a friend to racism, xenophobia,
genocide and slavery, but an enemy to tolerance, diversity and
the dignity of man.
That religion has done charity work, curated documents and
sponsored scholarship and art gains it no more credit than
despots who have done the same. That it has interlaced its
ostentatious benevolence with a driving hunger to assert its
moral supremacy over the mind of man is testimony to its
fundamental and ultimate aims.
Religion is human anxiety made intellectual, moral and social
tyranny, and has done far more harm than good.

I believe in God... I am not an antheist buh to me religion has caused more harm than good..
Share your views on it.

Cc: lalasticalala, mynd44

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by tempem: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2016
You never lied, bro..
The leading cause of atheism is "false religion doctrine".

1 Like

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by Koreslee(m): 11:59am On Jul 13, 2016
tempem:
You never lied, bro.. The leading cause of atheism is "false religion doctrine".
That's it bro.. Some are confused seriously...
Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by ammyluv2002(f): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Yes, it has! I blame those who are so lazy to read the Holy Book
Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by winner01(m): 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Jesus Christ was constantly against religion. As a matter of fact, religious people nailed Jesus to the cross.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by otem4eartum: 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
winner01:
Jesus Christ was constantly against religion. As a matter of fact, religious people nailed Jesus to the cross.
Jesus was against religion and he started another religion. It's the norm anyway, but as a matter of fact, Jesus is a fiction in our own world. Eusebius and his cronies are the responsible ones for bringing the fictional Jesus alive.

1 Like

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by Koreslee(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
Christians believe they are the best Muslims believe they are the best... I think religion is a scam :- It has caused harm mehn It has affect we blacks seriously

1 Like

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by KingEbukaNaija: 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
winner01:

Welcome brother ! And you just spoke the truth .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Yes, it has! I blame those who are so lazy to read the Holy Book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

2 Likes

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by Niflheim(m): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
@OP, this is the great legacy that religion has bequeathed on the present generation.

1.Exposing little kids to poisonous snakes(Snake handling churches)

2.Preventing kids from getting life saving blood transfusions(Jehovah's Shitnesses)

3.Bleep your female cousin and create a race of super imbeciles(Amish christian society)

4.Bleep your mother(The Family International christian society)

5.Stop eating food till you faint(Breatharian christian cult)

6.Drink cow piss(Hinduism)

7.Mix milk with cow dung(Hinduism)

8.Smash your head with a coconut to cure your head ache(hinduism)

9.Cut off your penis(Heaven's Gate christian society)

10.Fight a wild bull with your bare hands(hinduism)

1 Like

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by KingEbukaNaija: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lilbrown007:

I hope you are smart enough to understand this :

People have used the name of Christ to inveigle people into doing bad things - slavery is one of those things . The same way people have used God's appellation to finagle cash from the innocent Christians , stage fake miracles and even molest women .
Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by winner01(m): 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Thanks bro!
Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I hope you are smart enough to understand this :

People have used the name of Christ to inveigle people into doing bad things - slavery is one of those things . The same way people have used God's appellation to finagle cash from the innocent Christians , stage fake miracles and even molest women .

2 Likes

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by KingEbukaNaija: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lilbrown007:

The Gospel of Christ compared to the heat of fire . Do you see a problem

One thing proven from this ridiculous memes you atheists post is that you guys are not actually perspicacious at all .
Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by KingEbukaNaija: 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by Koreslee(m): 11:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The Gospel of Christ compared to the heat of fire . Do you see a problem

One thing proven from this ridiculous memes you atheists post is that you guys are not actually perspicacious at all .

Bro nobody is an atheist to me...
They gat second thoughts about God existence...
Theist in mind, atheist physically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good by KingEbukaNaija: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Koreslee:

Bro nobody is an atheist to me...
They gat second thoughts about God existence...
Theist in mind, atheist physically

Ehe na . That's why they are most active in the Religion section . Check all their profiles wink . They keep thinking about God and conjuring atheistic views and even if they get confuted they remain intransigent about them . In fact they are obsessed with God . Same thing on every social network and in real life , very iconoclastic too .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Are The Pyramids Not Mentioned In The Bible? / Benny Hinn's Confession And The Danger Of Pentecostalism / Here Is What Buccaneer confraternity stormed Kelly Handsome’s brother’s For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.