Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,816 members, 7,851,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour (8512 Views)

Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria / Dalung Poses With KatsuyaTakasu After Helping U23 Team / Nigeria U23 Vs Germany U23 Drop your Predictions.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by Onyenna(m): 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
F○ck!

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by ItsawrapOutfit: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
Really?

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by Realdeals(m): 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
The minister no get time, he's still looking accommodation in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by Darrellhill: 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
This guy needs to be sacked.. My God

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by yakbauer: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
It hurts me to say that if there's anything Buhari has done wrong to kick start his tenure is putting square pegs in round holes, just to satisfy his personal an political ambitions.
He put a lawyer to run sports and the oil and gas sectors, the drunkard sports minister now removed the closest technocrat (DG NSC)to him who could've kept him apprised with happenings in d sports sector. All in pursuit of his political ambitions.
How can he come out on media and deny knowledge of U-23 camping in the USA? Instead of pretending he knows and make enquiries later. It only goes to further embarrass the current administration.

2 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by zikray: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
For me i'd say he was sidelined, neglected also his office was disrespected so he decided to show them pepper...that's my take though. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by mystry(m): 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
that is the definition of cluelesness cry like president like minister

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by robosky02(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
check the achievement of late emeka emerou the Fomer minister of sports:

"During his first term as Sports Minister, the national U-20 team,Flying Eagles also won its first-ever bronze medal at the Fifa World Youth Championship, and Nigeria began the process of bidding to host the 1991 World Youth Championship.

A Fifa ban in 1989, for discrepancies in the documented ages of three youth players, made the 1991 event impossible, but in 1999, the competition finally came to Nigeria. Omeruah, in his third term as Sports Minister in 1997, did a lot of work to make that possible.

Born in Zaria on August 14, 1943, Omeruah attended St George's Primary School and later the Nigerian Military School, Zaria, and also earned a master's degree in political science from the Urban University, Montgomery, Alabama in the United States of America. He earned his doctorate degree from the University of Lagos.

A 1962 graduate of the Nigerian Military School, Zaria, Emeka Omeruah became the first democratically-elected chairman of the Nigeria Football Association on August 17, 1993, when he won a poll conducted inside the conference room of the National Institute for Sports, Lagos.

It was during his tenure that Nigeria first qualified for the football World Cup finals, by bagging a draw with Algeria in the last qualifier away in Algiers on October 8, 1993. The Super Eagles also won their first African Cup of Nations on away ground, in Tunisia in 1994, and performed creditably at their debut appearance at the World Cup in USA.

In 1995, the Eagles also won the Afro-Asia Cup for the first time, and still during Omeruah's tenure, the national U-23 team, captained by Nwankwo Kanu, won Africa's first-ever Olympic football gold at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996.

Despite returning from America with Olympic gold, Omeruah was deemed undeserving of a second term of office by the powers-that-be. But in a sharp twist, he was made the Minister of Youth and Sports in January 1997, for his third stint."

we have not recovered from the impact of people like this

as for the current man on board with no offence, he needs to start working time is running out

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by sleepyeyez(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
Shameful statement by an obviously daft minister. Its like a teacher deciding to take students in his class on an excursion or competition taking place in another state without informing the school proprietor. If sumtn happens, who will b held responsible? D teacher for embarking on a journey without permission n d proprietor for not being aware of d trip. Ultimately d prprietor for not bein in tune wit what happens in his school. Shows clearly dat no one is running nigerias sports ministry. Ndi nzuzu

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by OptimusJnr(m): 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
A minister who barely knows what his job description is.... Shame

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by adonshow(m): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
student loan ....who will give me a loan and get it back in 10months with interest...God bless you as u help a bro...I will give u collateral
Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by muri4mig(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
before we start criticizing Dallung, is it write that NFF send the U23 to the foreign land without written approval from the Minister office? To me NFF is to blame. NFF think it has the resources to finance such largess and they went ahead with it and now you are blaming the sport minister for not sanctioning the adventure and finance it. is not right, my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by prinxpalax(m): 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
before any comment,always try to decipher d statement. NFA is goin ahead to hire a foreigner to coach super eagle. having told them the minisry's disapproval about it unless NFA is able to convince them how to foot d monthly bill of d coach.when they cul not pay oliseh up til now. the minister will feign ignorance if tomorrow the new coach cul not be paid because he neva give his blessing to it. so if under - 23 is stranded dat is to show they neva receiv his blessin before they travel out. it is. NFA's. cup of tea. they should ball them out. NFA shu b automous in it activities
Re: Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour by FuckTheMods: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
coleka51:
how is that even possible?
hy swiry pls what's the meaning of your signature? Hope its not what i'm thinking?
Ok this is what i'm thinking.
I like you and i dont wanna pretend or hide it. I wanna have a conversation with you away from here. Preferably whatsapp or gmail.
Can we?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ten Nigerian Sports Websites / Super Eagles Supporters Club, Ned Nwoko Foundation Partner On Malaria Eradicatio / 10 Tallest Players in EPL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.