Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! (7262 Views)

OANDO Staff Appeal For Support And Urgent Intervention In The Mass Sacking / Lacasera Company Workers Protest Over The Sacking Of 700 Workers / Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by bibiking1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
Inside report that has been authenticated shows that the Stanbic IBTC has sent home more than 300 staff members

Another great flooding of the market!
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by candylips(m): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2009
na wa o
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by Gamine(f): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
No wonder they havent paid me my money
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by candylips(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
do u work there
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by bibiking1(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2009
used to!
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by candylips(m): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
where are u now
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by kufreabasi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2009
bibiking1:

Inside report that has been authenticated shows that the Stanbic IBTC has sent home more than 300 staff members

On what cause are they sacked?
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by Seun(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2009
bibiking1:

Inside report by who? Authenticated by who?
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by Greycells(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2009
Wicked rumour, maybe
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by KoikiM: 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2009
Are you saying it's not possible? Na Naija we dey oooooo.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by ReachRich(m): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2009
Its true. My friend who woks in 1 of the branches in Aba came bak frm wok yesterday n told me that 4 of their staffs were sacked including the branch manager.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by saworoide: 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2009
Lamido * (Recession + stock market crash)  = Downsizing.

My heart goes the guys affected. More pressure on those that still have jobs.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2009
That's why everybody should strive to be his own boss.
Even if one has a job now, always plan for the future. Plan to start your own business.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by Epiphany(m): 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2009
Aqva:

Even if one has a job now, always plan for the future. Plan to start your own business.

It is a fact of life that everybody can not be his own boss. If all of us are our own bosses, who will work for us when we are our own boss?
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by qblaze(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2009
Touche!!!

But please strive to be your own boss and then get the lumpen(masses) to work for you.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by zmurda(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2009
Aqva:

one of the dumbest comments I have seen yet.

Plan for the future, yes.
Not everyone has the entrepreneurial skills as much as you'll like to believe all the motivational preachers. It would be anarchy when everyone is their own boss, have you ever thought of it that way?
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by Eaglebabe: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2009
God will open better doors for them.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by naylove(m): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2009
instead of just sending them away into a super saturated labour market.
how about offering them a pay cut(whether massive or substantial). am sure they will appreciate that.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by kuzina(f): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2009
that is really crazy.I do have friends that work there.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by tomialph(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2009
WHY WAS PETERSIDE<STANBIC MD>  CASTING ASPERSIONS ON THE SACKED CEOs WHEN HE ACTED AS SANUSI's MOUTHPIECE IN LONDON? WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BTW STANBIC AND THE "INSOLVENT" BANKS. THIS IS A CLEAR CASE OF A  POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK. MAY GOD FORGIVE SANUSI
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by remoranger(m): 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2009
@z-murda

Y so insecure? the guy just offered his opinion. you dont have to be the next dangote. you can still keep your day job and start sumtin by the side.

IF EVERYONE IS A JOB SEEKER? WHO WILL EMPLOY OUR CHILDREN?
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by tainot2002(m): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2009
Na wa o.Another shock again.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2009
2 work with govt is d best because of job security even in d face of down sizing, only d pay is bad. God help us o
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by baekdoosan(m): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2009
I just read about it in today's paper.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by GeorgeD1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2009
z-murda:

Not everyone has the entrepreneurial skills as much as you'll like to believe all the motivational preachers. It would be anarchy when everyone is their own boss, have you ever thought of it that way?

it is thinking like this that make people slaves for life.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by qblaze(m): 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2009
@Tomialph,

Laying off workers to improve efficiency and productivity is not the same as destroying a bank through bad management and loans to unsuitable people. Don't let your loyalty to your bosses cloud your judgement.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by mbulela: 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2009
George_D:

it is thinking like this that make people slaves for life.

bros stop regurgitating these crap phrases that half baked motivational peddlers preach.
the truth is that not every one will be his own boss.some people do not have the temperament for entrepreneurship.
some do not have the heart for the risks involved and others do not find it compatible with their lifestyle.
this fade that if you are not an entrepreneur or aspire to be one soon, you are visionless and less than intelligent is a myopic and loop sided view.
there are some entrepreneurs that i have seen that despite of the money they make, i do not envy there lives.
at the end of the day, there are options.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by naijatoday: 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2009
qblaze:

@Tomialph,

Laying off workers to improve efficiency and productivity is not the same as destroying a bank through bad management and loans to unsuitable people. Don't let your loyalty to your bosses cloud your judgement.

Thank You
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by chosen04(f): 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2009
z-murda:

I disagree with you. We all can be our own Bosses!!!!. Presently, am working for a company but still have my own business where i have employees running it for me. And same can go for everybody.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2009
mbulela:

bros stop regurgitating these crap phrases that half baked motivational peddlers preach.
the truth is that not every one will be his own boss.some people do not have the temperament for entrepreneurship.
some do not have the heart for the risks involved and others do not find it compatible with their lifestyle.
this fade that if you are not an entrepreneur or aspire to be one soon, you are visionless and less than intelligent is a myopic and loop sided view.
there are some entrepreneurs that i have seen that despite of the money they make, i do not envy there lives.
at the end of the day, there are options.

you make me laugh. i make a statement of fact and you come here saying i'm 'regurgitating these crap phrases that half baked motivational peddlers preach'?!
what stuff are entrepreuneurs made of? are they born in the moon? that man that formed that company where you work, is he a wizard with two brains? and you talk of having 'the heart for risks', what makes you think only a select group of people should take risks? do you know that whether you like it or not, everybody takes risks everyday unconsciously? so long as you're human and you sleep in the night and wake up in the morning, you're taking a risk that when you sleep you may or may not wake up?
i just shake my head reading your post because you're in that category of people who believe they must earn a salary for a living and if they're not working for someone (in the conventional sense of the word) then they're nobody.
well, by all means hold on to your mindset. keep living from hand to mouth while enriching that man wise enough to take risks and establish that company you're serving. i do hope you make yourself useful long enough not to be thrown out!
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by erico2k2(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2009
yes everybody can be he boss of themsleves, if you need a Job done, you just hire another boss to do it for you, its called CONTRACTING.every organization do it in the UK.thats why there are contract workers everywhere.
Re: Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree! by PapaBrowne(m): 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2009
Soludo came, jobs were created in tens of thousands.
Sanusi is here, jobs are been lost at an alarming rate.
We still got 5 years of this Sanusi guy. How scary!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1,500 Nigerians Lose Jobs In Julius Berger Abuja / Who Has Served Or Worked With FAME Foundation Abuja? / Should 2'2s Go To Hell Because They Ain't 1st Class Or 2'1?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.