Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song (2349 Views)

DOWNLOAD: Kendrick Lamar – All The Stars Feat. SZA / DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by macquis(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
It would shock the whole world and even haters of Kendrick that the Compton rapper has gotten this far, that even the world of Academia now honours him...

For more info do visit the link below:

https://blarckbillboard./2016/07/13/kenyan-university-lecturer-prepares-his-exam-question-based-on-kendrick-lamars-song/

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by johnbuck81(m): 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
I would hv passed that question if I was one of the students cos that's one of ma fav line in that jam.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by IAMMUIC: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
johnbuck81:
I would hv passed that question if I was one of the students cos that's one of ma fav line in that jam.

Am so proud of Kendrick
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by johnbuck81(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
IAMMUIC:

Am so proud of Kendrick
d boy is good.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
johnbuck81:
d boy is good.

But drake is better...

@least kendrick admitted in "the blacker the berry" that he's a hypocrite

All on his hood politics track
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by IAMMUIC: 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
saintdennis:

But drake is better...

U sure say u dey listen to rap at all How u go talk say Drake better pass Kendrick ? if u had said J cole I would accommodated ur view a little, but u saying drake is better, u have just committed an abomination in Hip-hop. I pray ur sins are forgiven sha

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
IAMMUIC:

U sure say u dey listen to rap at all How u go talk say Drake better pass Kendrick ? if u had said J cole I would accommodated ur view a little, but u saying drake is better, u have just committed an abomination in Hip-hop. I pray ur sins are forgiven sha

Lols guy kendrick does conscious rap that's why u like him #simple.

Drake is and underrated rhymer cos he tells stories.

J.cole is boring. I could upload my playlist I got his first 2 albums. 2014FHd was the most boring minus "no role modelz"
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by johnbuck81(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
saintdennis:

But drake is better...

u think drake is better cos he makes heat..when it comes to real rap,hip hop,lyrics,punchlines...Kendrick is a better MC than drake.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by IAMMUIC: 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
saintdennis:

J.cole is boring. I could upload my playlist I got his first 2 albums. 2014FHd was the most boring minus "no role modelz"

Not a fan of J cole, but ive got to admit Cole is far better than Drake. From a Hip-hop's head perspective. And don't go around making such statements that J cole is boring, trust me, he has got an army of fans in Nigeria and the world at large, they shouldn't hear you saying that shit.

Drake on the other hand should quit rap and embrace pop cuz rap wouldn't have gotten him the fame he now has. That goes on to prove to u he ain't a rapper. The likes of Kendrick and Cole are famous not by doing pop songs but by doing Hip-hop.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 12:15am On Jul 15, 2016
IAMMUIC:

Not a fan of J cole, but ive got to admit Cole is far better than Drake. From a Hip-hop's head perspective. And don't go around making such statements that J cole is boring, trust me, he has got an army of fans in Nigeria and the world at large, they shouldn't hear you saying that shit.

Drake on the other hand should quit rap and embrace pop cuz rap wouldn't have gotten him the fame he now has. That goes on to prove to u he ain't a rapper. The likes of Kendrick and Cole are famous not by doing pop songs but by doing Hip-hop.

Lols kendrick are famous cos of drake... everyone in hip hop admits to it.

He came in and brought and even bigger audience.

Lupe fiasco and others wey dey do hip hop em sell?

Kanye started the new movt... drake blew it up.
Unlike kanye DRAKE COULD RAP AND SING. Or was "Best I ever had" not a rap song? Go check out "thank me later". Rap songs no full am?

As an artist with time u expected to progress and stuff.
Even kendrick's album (TPAB) was more of an indie/g-funk album wasn't it? A far cry from his hardcore Good kid, M.a.a.d city.

J.cole is boring cos he hasn't progressed his 1st 2nd n 3rd album are basically same style just different themes.

Love or hate drake he's always looking @ new sounds. He's an artiste.

Kendrick is just a BLACK AMERICAN rapper. Lols. By d way drakes Canadian hahaha.

If na lyrics abeg lemme know ur favourite kendrick lyric
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 12:20am On Jul 15, 2016
johnbuck81:
u think drake is better cos he makes heat..when it comes to real rap,hip hop,lyrics,punchlines...Kendrick is a better MC than drake.

"Having lunch and debating ferari prices/23 & going thru a mid-life crisis but trust me I still deliver like a mid-wife /

It take a certain type of man to teach, to be far from her but to understand the streets."

Those ain't lyrical?
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 12:22am On Jul 15, 2016
johnbuck81:

"Having lunch and debating ferari prices/23 & going thru a mid-life crisis but trust me I still deliver like a mid-wife /

It take a certain type of man to teach, to be far from her but to understand the streets."

Those ain't lyrical?

Bet u ain't even got kendrick's section 8 songs In ur phone talkless other kendrick tracks. U must have more drake grin
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by Boring: 12:28am On Jul 15, 2016
saintdennis:

because u mention borin dats why am here to set the record straight J.cole is one of the best rapper out dia presently, together with kendrick they are the best dis generation(from 2012-present) can offer in terms of rap music....

as for drake he has never bin underrated rather overrated..and he is not a rapper per se more of a hiphop man, with his canadiah gayy asss music which are cool tho cos the ladies luv him...

I'm out wink

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by Osirus(m): 1:38am On Jul 15, 2016
how can someone say drake is better than k.dot , imagine that hotline bling song, pathetic shit.. dude this is about hip hop not a popularity contest and stop quoting soft ass verses
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by IAMMUIC: 3:51am On Jul 15, 2016
saintdennis:

Lols kendrick are famous cos of drake... everyone in hip hop admits to it.

He came in and brought and even bigger audience.

Lupe fiasco and others wey dey do hip hop em sell?

Kanye started the new movt... drake blew it up.
Unlike kanye DRAKE COULD RAP AND SING. Or was "Best I ever had" not a rap song? Go check out "thank me later". Rap songs no full am?

As an artist with time u expected to progress and stuff.
Even kendrick's album (TPAB) was more of an indie/g-funk album wasn't it? A far cry from his hardcore Good kid, M.a.a.d city.

J.cole is boring cos he hasn't progressed his 1st 2nd n 3rd album are basically same style just different themes.

Love or hate drake he's always looking @ new sounds. He's an artiste.

Kendrick is just a BLACK AMERICAN rapper. Lols. By d way drakes Canadian hahaha.

If na lyrics abeg lemme know ur favourite kendrick lyric

Fine. Like you said Kendrick's last album TPAB was quite different from Good kid, M.a.a.d city.
But that shows versatility as Kendrick is able to flow on almost any musical genre. The nigga is just good at what he does.

On Rigarmotus Kendrick flows to a jazz instrumental am certain Drake would never be able to cope with.

Am sure uve listened to "How much a dollar cost", what do you think of that joint too ?
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 6:16am On Jul 15, 2016
IAMMUIC:

Fine. Like you said Kendrick's last album TPAB was quite different from Good kid, M.a.a.d city.
But that shows versatility as Kendrick is able to flow on almost any musical genre. The nigga is just good at what he does.

On Rigarmotus Kendrick flows to a jazz instrumental am certain Drake would never be able to cope with.

Am sure uve listened to "How much a dollar cost", what do you think of that joint too ?

Watta bout drake nko? He no versatile? Lols.

First u said kendrick does real hip hop now u saying his ability to rap over jazz beats makes him versatile? Lol.

Drake would murder a jazz beat, everything is about "the audience" and the sound he's experimenting on.

Let's not forget kanye started minimilastic sound on 'black skin head". IYRTITL was a collection of such beats and drake murdered it straight up!

Abeg let kendrick go and rap over "hold on we're going home" beat lols. Or can he sing?

This is a fact kendrick is very good, but u would need to give his tracks week intervals u cant blaze KD a whole week and not get bored listening to shit about the hood.

How come drake been rapping over luxury and pple ain't gotten tired? Lol. Dude just keeps it 100.

what's ur take on kendrick's control verse? What was so EPIC? About it?
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 6:29am On Jul 15, 2016
Boring:

because u mention borin dats why am here to set the record straight J.cole is one of the best rapper out dia presently, together with kendrick they are the best dis generation(from 2012-present) can offer in terms of rap music....

as for drake he has never bin underrated rather overrated..and he is not a rapper per se more of a hiphop man, with his canadiah gayy asss music which are cool tho cos the ladies luv him...

I'm out wink

Oh I get it, it seemed I gave u a mention.

Dude which awards or album sales does j.cole have to back up his claims? Drake came up b4 BOTH artist yet is still leading the new school!

Abeg forget j.cole, carry his 3 albums and show me his musical growth. It takes his albums 1year+ to hit platinum.

Everyone knows TPAB won cos of the GOOD KID, M.A.A.D CITY snub. TPAB was just a "more conscious" album I downloaded it was pissed with the attempt @ indie rock/g-funk etc it was V.B.oring only blacker d berry n hood politics still dey my phone. Alright wasn't cool to me.

It just appealed to those who feel oppressed that's all.

Ya'll say he gayy a.ss cos he refuses to rap about violence and misogyny as well as his acting roots...yet common, will Smith, ice cube, ice T, petey Pablo, coolio, are rappers who also were good actors...nobody hating lol

Drake is underrated straight up. Go listen to "the calm" his verse on "stay scheming" was fire his verse on "Aston Martin music" is a classic his verses become memory verses.

Pls let's remove j.cole from the equation...he's got his demographic but can't break into others (and he's tried) lols
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by IAMMUIC: 8:02am On Jul 15, 2016
saintdennis:

Oh I get it, it seemed I gave u a mention.

Dude which awards or album sales does j.cole have to back up his claims? Drake came up b4 BOTH artist yet is still leading the new school!

Abeg forget j.cole, carry his 3 albums and show me his musical growth. It takes his albums 1year+ to hit platinum.

Everyone knows TPAB won cos of the GOOD KID, M.A.A.D CITY snub. TPAB was just a "more conscious" album I downloaded it was pissed with the attempt @ indie rock/g-funk etc it was V.B.oring only blacker d berry n hood politics still dey my phone. Alright wasn't cool to me.

It just appealed to those who feel oppressed that's all.

Ya'll say he gayy a.ss cos he refuses to rap about violence and misogyny as well as his acting roots...yet common, will Smith, ice cube, ice T, petey Pablo, coolio, are rappers who also were good actors...nobody hating lol

Drake is underrated straight up. Go listen to "the calm" his verse on "stay scheming" was fire his verse on "Aston Martin music" is a classic his verses become memory verses.

Pls let's remove j.cole from the equation...he's got his demographic but can't break into others (and he's tried) lols

I must confess u kinda have a point on J cole...
I really wish the music section on NL had more folks like us. The music section would have been more lively and educative.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by johnbuck81(m): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2016
saintdennis:

Those ain't lyrical?

Bet u ain't even got kendrick's section 8 songs In ur phone talkless other kendrick tracks. U must have more drake grin
I listen to both artist very well...try to understand who is a real MC..even Obama knows Kendrick is a better MC.just cos 50 has more heat records than Nas u'll call 50 a better MC? NO.by the way,I have more drake than Kendrick on ma phone cos of those heats.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 9:05am On Jul 15, 2016
johnbuck81:
I listen to both artist very well...try to understand who is a real MC..even Obama knows Kendrick is a better MC.just cos 50 has more heat records than Nas u'll call 50 a better MC? NO.by the way,I have more drake than Kendrick on ma phone cos of those heats.

Guy abeg! Abeg!! Abeg!!.! No call obama jare...politician? U expect him to give drake props over kendrick? A CANADIAN over AN AMERICAN? Haba?!

50 isn't seen as a better MC because of his lack of staying power. NAS cannot drop a commercially better album than 50 #never. GET RICH OR DIE TRYING IS BETTER THAN ILLMATIC "quote me anywhere". But the niqqa NAS is a better rapper.

Drake isn't even allowed to compete cos he's Canadian and he sings, he didn't hang around the hood, didn't sell drugs, doesn't have crips/bloods for neighbours worse still HE WAS AN ACTOR...b4 he became a rapper lols

Do u know it takes alotta creativity to be able to amass the number of hits drake's got...to be relevant(commercially) since 2009?! Even Jay z couldn't do that!

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2016
IAMMUIC:

I must confess u kinda have a point on J cole...
I really wish the music section on NL had more folks like us. The music section would have been more lively and educative.

Yh I guess so.

I noticed the forum is jes dull,
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by ibrews: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2016
"So, if you get your first big check and you cop a chain before you buy a house, you are a vanity slave.
If you are a female and you got four, five, six rings on your finger,four holes in your left ear and a nose piercing, you are a vanity slave". My best line from the song. This is a bonus question for me though.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by macquis(m): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2016
ibrews:
"So, if you get your first big check and you cop a chain before you buy a house, you are a vanity slave.
If you are a female and you got four, five, six rings on your finger,four holes in your left ear and a nose piercing, you are a vanity slave". My best line from the song. This is a bonus question for me though.
Trust me I learnt so much from that song.
Those lines were Insightful.

I hope saintdennis agrees with us on that
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
macquis:

Trust me I learnt so much from that song.
Those lines were Insightful.

I hope saintdennis agrees with us on that

Lols yes bro I fully agree with that.

Now I also believe you will agree with me that there's a lot to be gained from the lyrics of
*succesful and *light up. grin
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by dejahvu(m): 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by dejahvu(m): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
I dont think Drake is underated he is just hated and like saintdennis said anoda factor is because Drake is Canadian. If Drake was American the story will be different just the same way Beyonce is promoted more than Adele when Adele is the Killer of songs. He is no thug and they expect him to rap about what he didnt live as.... Drake is the reason I started listening to Rap again. Kendrick is dope too and I also go with the opinion J.Cole I boring cos I've tried listening to J.Cole but him songs no dey enter.
How can you say Kendrick is showing versatility by rapping on different beats then you condemn Drake? Nah! Hommie
Please you people should stop saying Drake is not a rapper dude has a grammy award under category of Rap. When Drake is rapping he kills it when he sings he kills it when he does hooks he kills it and I leave you with one of the simplest punchline with weight i've heard in Rap
Last Name Ever, First Name Greatest - Drake "Forever"
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by macquis(m): 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
dejahvu:
I dont think Drake is underated he is just hated and like saintdennis said anoda factor is because Drake is Canadian. If Drake was American the story will be different just the same way Beyonce is promoted more than Adele when Adele is the Killer of songs. He is no thug and they expect him to rap about what he didnt live as.... Drake is the reason I started listening to Rap again. Kendrick is dope too and I also go with the opinion J.Cole I boring cos I've tried listening to J.Cole but him songs no dey enter.
How can you say Kendrick is showing versatility by rapping on different beats then you condemn Drake? Nah! Hommie
Please you people should stop saying Drake is not a rapper dude has a grammy award under category of Rap. When Drake is rapping he kills it when he sings he kills it when he does hooks he kills it and I leave you with one of the simplest punchline with weight i've heard in Rap
Last Name Ever, First Name Greatest - Drake "Forever"

Hmmm saintdennis has finally got a brother in the house. (Drake supporters)
Am glad am not alone here tho, at least I've got a fellow Kendrick supporter

It's so sad there's no J cole fanatic here. lol.
I once thought I was the only dude who didn't fancy cole.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by johnbuck81(m): 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
saintdennis:

50 isn't seen as a better MC because of his lack of staying power. NAS cannot drop a commercially better album than 50 #never. GET RICH OR DIE TRYING IS BETTER THAN ILLMATIC "quote me anywhere". But the niqqa NAS is a better rapper.
same goes to Kendrick n drake..Drake will always do a better commercial album unlike Kendrick..but Kendrick is a better MC.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by saintdennis(m): 11:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
johnbuck81:
same goes to Kendrick n drake..Drake will always do a better commercial album unlike Kendrick..but Kendrick is a better MC.

DRAKE had the STAYING POWER...thus he's better!

ITS LIKE COMPARING JAY-Z TO NAS...and saying NAS IS BETTER? No way! grin
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by Ealiserwest(m): 3:28am On Jul 16, 2016
Drake all the way.. Who's that Kendrick Lamar shit.. Small boy for game. And even lil wayne said.. Uhh! I'll be gone till November But fuvk it cuz i know Drizzy z gonna kill em..

Drake
My mentor
We share same birthday
We rep #oct24
We d best
#O.V.O

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by Ealiserwest(m): 3:37am On Jul 16, 2016
Listening to for free.. Menh Drake is the rap rapper rappest.. Or listen to 4pm in Calabasas. . Oh menh
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sets Exam Based On Kendrick Lamar Song by Osirus(m): 12:18am On Jul 18, 2016
Ealiserwest:
Drake all the way.. Who's that Kendrick Lamar shit.. Small boy for game. And even lil wayne said.. Uhh! I'll be gone till November But fuvk it cuz i know Drizzy z gonna kill em..

Drake
My mentor
We share same birthday
We rep #oct24
We d best
#O.V.O
why are you guys acting like Drake's the chuck D of this era? Kendrick is light years ahead of him, if he is so lyrical like you think why haven't he replied joe burdden? .. dude's scared cause joe murdered him on 2 different diss track

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Where Can I Download Gospel Music?? / Kanye's New Album Is poo! / Looking For An Evi Edna Ogholi Song!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.