Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira (950 Views)

Petroleum Sector Deregulation: Naira Depreciates By N14 To N334/$ / Petroleum Sector Deregulation: Naira Depreciates By N14 To N334/$ / What Is Devaluation Of Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira by chidi2pus(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2016
So 3 weeks after the devaluation of naira, the promises of a better and favourable forex regime, we're now back to base.
Somewhere on this forum, a fellow was advocating for the panic sales of fx sales.

Dollar traded for low as N320 at the parallel market while rates of N283 per $1 floated the air for interbank exchange rates 3 weeks ago.

CBN intervened and much more than 6 billion dollars was traded at the interbank market to calm down wavy waters.

Now the forces of market dynamics have prevailed and dollar is back to 355.

Banks still charge up to 340 for a dollar on online transactions.

Now, I beg to ask, what was the point of the whole naira devaluation stunt ?
Re: 3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira by Earth2Metahuman: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
I thought ipobian said all our problems will suddenly disappear after devaluation...

Mtchew
Re: 3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira by HARDDON: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
op, how do you drive in the dark without your headlamps and expect to get home safely?

or

how can u drive home when u dont even know where your home is?

VisionLess is this govt logo
Re: 3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
The guy above me has said it all.
Re: 3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira by caxim04(m): 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
The two guys above me are drunk.

@OP, CBN is still rationing dollars. The $6m is not enough, technically dollar is still scarce.
Re: 3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira by NATIONALPASTOR: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
caxim04:
The two guys above me are drunk.

@OP, CBN is still rationing dollars. The $6m is not enough, technically dollar is still scarce.
Yes, just like you technically defeated Boko haram.

Shameless government.
Shameless Southwest.
Shameless APC party
Re: 3 Weeks After Deregulation Of Naira by caxim04(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
NATIONALPASTOR:

Yes, just like you technically defeated Boko haram.

Shameless government.
Shameless Southwest.
Shameless APC party

SMH

(1) (Reply)

MOTIVATION: A Graduate Of Accounting Seen Hawking Food With A Wheel Barrow In Ek / Ceo E-books Collection / Why More People Are Abandoning Popular Eateries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.