Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

EXPOSED: Check Out List Of Artists Who Abandoned OJB Jezreel In Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EXPOSED: Check Out List Of Artists Who Abandoned OJB Jezreel In Death (1301 Views)

5 Artistes Who Started Their Careers With OJB Jezreel / Kemi Olunloyo's Tribute To OJB Jezreel / Babatunde Okungbowa "OJB Jezreel" Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXPOSED: Check Out List Of Artists Who Abandoned OJB Jezreel In Death by Mandynews(f): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
One of the close friends of late OJB Jezreel, Akinwale Oluwaleimu has come out to accuse some of the artists the late music producer has helped made into stars from his studio.

Oluwaleimu revealed that these set of artists abandoned OJB in death. He said they approached most of them for financial assistance towards giving OJB a befitting burial but most of them failed to respond.

Read more of his revelations below:

“Last week was a little hectic for me, myself and a few good men came together to burial a very good man, friend and brother of mine, Babatunde Okungbowa aka OJB Jezreel. Jigga, as fondly called by close friends and associate had been dealing with a Kidney problem for over four years and actually had a transplant done in 2013 (kidney donated by his lovely first wife, Mabel Okungbowa ) I was also a part of the fund raising for that which he, Jigga, initially refused us to do until we convinced him otherwise, Late Muyiwa Nomoreloss Osinuga was to spearhead this drive which he did very well.

Akinwale Oluwaleimu and a friend at OJB’s candlelight

On returning from his trip to India, Fans got on different social media platforms to blast the lukewarm attitude of the Music Industry towards support for his operation, saying, with kind of money displayed by our musicians, we shouldn’t be publicly canvassing for fund to treat a man who invested a huge part of his life in support and developing talents that have made it big. Yes, he did but are these talents grateful?”

The entertainment consultant went further to explain how they were able to source for money for his burial. He said:

“This brings me to the issue of today, His Burial.

The committee put together a cost for a befitting/deserving wake-keep and tribute night for Jigga and thought we should reach out to some of the people Jigga invested in and supported through the years for support but what we got was mostly a brick wall, I personally spoke to some ‘big acts’ and their replies were shocking.

I wonder what kind of people we rear now and the wickedness in their hearts. Jigga had touched the lives, positively, about every artiste in Nigeria directly or indirectly and I hope their hearts will prick them now that GODWIN. For the calibre of producer Jigga was, I had imagined that all the big name producers in Nigeria would have made an impact even if it was just in making their presence felt at his tribute or burial. Well, the tribute was fantastic without your support and that shows that God is bigger than every each of us and he will make a way where there seem to be no way. Some were so ashamed they couldn’t turn up at the tribute or burial in guilt.

Some acts even used his pictures and post for his burial but couldn’t show up to pay their last respect to the king maker…you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Even if he had offended you before he died (I know Jigga too well to know that that is near impossible) he deserves for you to forgive him in death.”

He went further to reveal how publisher of Ovation Magazine, Chief Dele Momodu contributed hugely to the burial of OJB. He wrote:

“I would at this point want to thank Chief Dele Momodu, who supported us through all this, funded a huge part of the tribute night and even called me the morning of the wake keep to ask if we needed more and he sent again and again. God bless you sir Oke ni owo hin a ma wa ni Oruko Jesu. Many thanks to ‪#‎31Nation‬‪#‎GroupAfrica‬(GA) ‪#‎OvationTV‬‪#‎PrimetimeTV‬ ‪#‎HipTV‬‪#‎Firstclassentertianment‬‪#‎Ksquare‬ ‪#‎Ojez‬‪#‎Oceanmusicandmovies‬‪#‎Blackgoldmedia‬‪#‎sholaanimashaunphotography‬‪#‎GoldmyneTV‬‪#‎Juicehouse‬ ‪#‎TVC‬ ‪#‎Olodonation‬‪#‎NTA‬ ‪#‎KogaTV‬ #‪#‎viewschannel‬#360‪#‎Yawnigeria‬ ‪#‎Nigoilandgasmonitor‬‪#‎Bistainment‬, shout out to @teea @sammieokposo @sunday.are @jazzmanolofin @@kcee @emoney @kennyogungbe @@vector @djgosperella @djhumility @djstramborela @dayoadeneye @larageorge @okeybakassi @tunde&wunmiobe @prettyokafor @efeomorogbe @cmion @stewart @dqueenadesuwa @africanchina @adasounds ayoanimashaun @mrkool and my leg men @folajaiyesmith @mosesajodun @dareogunbona @tarywest @ademuluyisarumi @Jokayne and alloyokeke weldone people, ao ni fi iru e san fun arawa ni oruko Jesu.”

He ended his post with the reasons behind it.

“Pls Note that my above statement is born out of my encounter and replies got from some people and I also understand that some people were busy and unavoidably absence based on other commitments anyways, God is faithful. Sleep well my brother, my n!gga, Jigga.”

OJB died on June 14, 2016, three weeks to his 50th birthday and was buried on July 8 while Oluwaleimu turned 50 July 5, 2016.

http://lifedrama.com.ng/exposed-check-out-list-of-artists-who-abandoned-ojb-jezreel-in-death/

Re: EXPOSED: Check Out List Of Artists Who Abandoned OJB Jezreel In Death by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
RIP man
Re: EXPOSED: Check Out List Of Artists Who Abandoned OJB Jezreel In Death by goldbim(f): 11:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmm,it is well!!not surprised. Even some family members turn their backs against their blood in death talk more of ungrateful people that could not appreciate how the deceased helped their career..Death is "INEVITABLE" and it's a compulsory "DEBT"..until then,i rest my case lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..most of these celebs only show eyeservice love..they'l mourn and only bury the deceased on social media..
Re: EXPOSED: Check Out List Of Artists Who Abandoned OJB Jezreel In Death by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 14, 2016
so U expect everybody to love him??
Re: EXPOSED: Check Out List Of Artists Who Abandoned OJB Jezreel In Death by tyson99(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2016
Oga oo pple sha

(1) (Reply)

Sola Allyson Shares A Rare Picture Of Her Son (photo) / Check Out This New Cute Photo Of Davido's Daughter, Imade / Popular Nigerian Comedian Sets New Guinness Record For Standup Comedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.