Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up (17955 Views)

Naira Extends Gains As Dollar Glut Hits Market / Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises / Naira Tumbles To 391/dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by Chrishandsome(m): 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
i am not surprised though.

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by kings09(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2016
Add : Wen buhari has decided to be more divisive n tribalistic than ever n does tins like sum1 dat lacks wisdom
Zdoh:
When the avenger keep on blowing pipeline,when herdsmen keep on terrorizing,when lawmakers are full of themselves,when civilian refused to come out and hold their constituency accountable,when husband lies to his wife and children,when we all can not produces and patronise our local products and finally when student and examiners engaged in malpratices.Then what do you expect?#Nigerorientation
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by chimauga(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
Another wayo from the APE APC unfolding, this is just the beginning,

[b]Where is the new forex policy.[/b].

Where is the china RMB money swap
..just wasted one full week in China for nothing

Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by davibid: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
And once upon a time, a presidential candidate promised to make sure N1 is equal to $1

And the country was never happy ever after grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by kaen1317: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
What has happened to the much publicised news of the Chinese currency coming into play thereby reducing the demand on the dollar and eventually crashing it

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by masseratti: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
Crap, they should let it be abeg, cbn should look into the banks transactions or allow every one to trade at any rate they want.
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by upwards: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hmmn,..may God have mercy and restore our great Nation,..
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by Biafrarep(m): 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
adajiboyy:
Any nigerian that still reason's with his head and still support buhari And don't see reason to criticize him in all dis bad news we getting every day is a compound fool...quote me and type rubbish devil will punish u..how can people still support this man in his mismanagement of our country,everything he met he has spoilt dem all and people go still abuse and kal people names that criticize him dem swear for una?
You should know that Buhari supporters are not called zombies for nothing. Even if they are dying, they will continue to support the dullard till their last breath! They have been brainwashed & programmed to be so.
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by basingstoke: 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2016
where d money wey baba collect from china. they should start using the yuan na. chai very un serious country
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by Biafrarep(m): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ioannes:
Thank you so much Mr Ebele Jonothing Badluck. You really did well for this country, helping us to deplete our dollar reserves by distributing it to traditional kings and all sorts as long as they promised to vote for you. heck you even visited association of witches and wizards and gave them some too.

you try well well.
Chai, this one is still blaming GEJ for Buhari's very obvious incompetence! Well, in the midst of the crises, we keep getting increased patronage from diaspora Nigerians cashing in on the worthless naira to buy Lands here in Imo State with their hard currency. I pray they double-up their hussle & remit more, which will invariably help the liquidity crises.
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
Biafrarep:
Chai, this one is still blaming GEJ for Buhari's very obvious incompetence! Well, in the midst of the crises, we keep getting increased patronage from diaspora Nigerians cashing in on the worthless naira to buy Lands here in Imo State with their hard currency. I pray they double-up their hussle & remit more, which will invariably help the liquidity crises.

i know my post sounds like im blaming gej unnecessarily but i cant help but think of the millions of dollars frittered away last year despite the obvious prediction of serious fall in oil prices and looming economic woes for the country.

wont be happy until the man sees the inside of a prison.
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by ufumes(m): 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
It's obvious that our naira has been officially devalued
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by slavemerchant: 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Buhari cannot even do anything for this country. Our own has finished oo cryjust like that

Your own has finished
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by BarryJones(m): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
pls how much is £1 now, after the brexit vote
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by ErasmusCOMP: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
oduastates:
Brought to you as a result of
The Nigerian reckless taste for foreign goods whole not producing

An unpatriotic and criminal elite with a penchant for banking the circulating forex in off-shore accounts on a weekly basis.

A materialistic and unproductive populace.

An inability or refusal to build or any form of local capacity. (The reason why ordinary Street drainage construction are given to Lebanese,syrian, Egyptian plumbers).
I sometimes admire your posts here.
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
wristbangle:
The current CBN policy is not effective at all.

Lalasticlala, dollars is now 360 naira. crycry

Beht y are you reporting to Lalasticlala
She dey owe you dollar ni
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by Omooba77: 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
I heard somewhere today say change be gradual and come with hardship;I smiled shake ....see .....zombie original
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ioannes:

i know my post sounds like im blaming gej unnecessarily but i cant help but think of the millions of dollars frittered away last year despite the obvious prediction of serious fall in oil prices and looming economic woes for the country.

wont be happy until the man sees the inside of a prison.

Go and buy #166 - $1.
Blame the dull one for lack of focus, he is frittering more away on Pilgrimage undecided
Who Pilgrimage epp
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
mykl01:

Go and buy #166 - $1.
Blame the dull one for lack of focus, he is frittering more away on Pilgrimage undecided
Who Pilgrimage epp

Yeah. It seems his focus is a bit jumbled up sorta.

Still 6years isn't a joke. If the right things were done for the past 16years of PDP we will be way better off.

Heck, we probably wouldn't have voted for Buhari in the first place. But here we are now...

2 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by chigoizie7(m): 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
I have always said it. It will still reach N500. The demand for fx never start oh and we de cry of scarcity, what will happen around October/November when demands for imported goods will be very high as regards to the festive season, what will happen?

For now, importers are still selling old stocks, and are getting ready for sharper and latest stocks, of course they will need more than enough fx to achieve that,

Naija, I hail thee.
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by rexzqcom(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Buhari cannot even do anything for this country. Our own has finished oo cryjust like that

Hahaha. Hahaha. Can feel your pain. Sorry, too bad.
Not funny Oooh. Lol.
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by rexzqcom(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
aku626:
“Nothing much is really happening on the supply side of the market. Liquidity issue is still there. We actually felt that foreign investors should have been coming in by now.”
SERIOUSLY?

Non mind them. Dey think say foreign investors act on uncertain and unpredictable impulse. N248-N283 interbank exchange and parallel market exchange of N351-N360 is wide disparity for level playing field. Round trips sourcing from interbank to parallel mkts for those with access is lucrative window of manipulative gains without correspondent productivities to enhance the economy.
Re: Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up by LUKINGUY(m): 7:25am On Jul 15, 2016
dunkem21:
.. Zombies will now start blaming the Dollar grin

lolz, blame Buhari because he his eating all the dollars, when even in time of plenty dollar all was squandered on the 11M gullible once who vote for transformation. I wonder how many tons of Cocoa you export this year or even Garri (Not to say you export cassava to import garri)? You wan to wear gucci, TM Lewins and many other foreign brand leaving your own perfect ABA made. The dollars wasted on this economy is the reason for the witch hunt now.

Blame Buhari even if your Wife or Husband didnt perform well in bed because the zombies will blame it on your impotency.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Sells $3 Billion Eurobonds - Largest Ever. / Oshodi Market Demolition : Affected Traders Reject Alternative / Traders Stranded As Council Demolishes Ile-epo Market In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.