Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! (1503 Views)

Cat Refuses To Leave The Grave Site Of Its Owner In Malaysia (Video) / Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) / Strayed Samoyed Breed Dog Roaming Around Maitama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2016
I gt a samoyed Frm a colleague a few mnths ago,buh I noticed d dog refus to grow and his hair Is fallin off, my colleague showed me d oda dog he sold somewhere else and he has a lot of hair and fat.....Sinc den I've felt dat I've let my dog down.pls wat can I do.....i need help.....soooooo unhappy.
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
dude,we need to know a lot of things first before we pinpoint and bring about a rememdy,tell us the age,what you feed the dog,where it sleeps and plays,treatments and checkups, and a picture,then we start from there
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by Lavendra(f): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
first of all, we need to see a picture of your dog, I have a female Samoyed, she sheds a lot, I sweep her furs like twice a day, Samoyed's naturally shed a lot, and you have to feed your dog a lot of protein, it took a month before I noticed that my dog has started adding weight, so how long have you had your dog, what do you feed it, and post a picture of it.
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by Iphe56: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
Show D pictures..... D age and stop bathing D dog with detergent like omo sunlight etc..... do not use dog soap either...... use dog shampoo..... human shampoo or human soap like lux or premier if U want more info.... contact my whatsapp @08163000864
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by Lavendra(f): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2016
please, what's wrong with using dog soap, that's what I've been using and I have not been having issues with that
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 7:54am On Jul 15, 2016
That's his pix like a month wen he came in

Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 8:23am On Jul 15, 2016
That's him nw...nt @ home nw, so I dnt ave access to a claerer pix.....i feed him d food the guy gave me, he said it is indomie grounded with fish and other tinx, I prepare it like semo...I give him eggs and biscuit @ tyms too...he gave me some human vit 4 him too....and deworming drugs too...he sleeps in d living room, but wen my wife started complaining of his urine and feeaces I took him outside (veranda)...can't remember what my kids bath him with though.

Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2016
Again

Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2016
And

Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2016
Lstly

Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
CoolSmithz:
dude,we need to know a lot of things first before we pinpoint and bring about a rememdy,tell us the age,what you feed the dog,where it sleeps and plays,treatments and checkups, and a picture,then we start from there
The Dogs age is 6mnths
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 10:32am On Jul 16, 2016
Iphe56:
Show D pictures..... D age and stop bathing D dog with detergent like omo sunlight etc..... do not use dog soap either...... use dog shampoo..... human shampoo or human soap like lux or premier if U want more info.... contact my whatsapp @08163000864
pls I need help
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lavendra:
first of all, we need to see a picture of your dog, I have a female Samoyed, she sheds a lot, I sweep her furs like twice a day, Samoyed's naturally shed a lot, and you have to feed your dog a lot of protein, it took a month before I noticed that my dog has started adding weight, so how long have you had your dog, what do you feed it, and post a picture of it.
. Pls help o
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
Coolsmithz. Lavendra. Iphe56. Pls answer me abeg
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by Lavendra(f): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
start bathing him yourself, you could use dog shampoo or any bathing soap, after bathing dry his body with a clean towel don't brush or anything until he is completely dry. as for the feeding, no matter what you feed him, always add protein to it like meat, fish, chicken,egg. they need protein to grow.
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
Am sorry for the late response,
First and foremost you need to know that the Samoyed is not the usual dog you are used to,Samoyeds differ a lot from other breeds in gems of grooming, appetite e.t.c
As funny as it might sound, soaps are not good for Samoyeds as they thicken their hair, discolours it and sheds at a greate rat than it should , hence affecting th overall health of your Sami.
Use only recommended shampoo but don't use a conditioner, conditioner also discolours the natural hair.
The Samoyed can go 3 days without eating and you wouldn't even notice, even when they eat , they eat little, besides, they are very selective of what thy eat, now, these also affects the overall health of the samo, the remedy for this is , timely deworming and frequent supplement of blood tonic, though I recommend emvite mixed with a stymie, your samo should gain a lot of appetite.
Besides, what you feed your dog is another thing, you don't pump carbourhydrate into your samo, it needs a lot of protein, so I recommend you get fish meal as much as possible.
The environment in which your samo lives matters a lot,Yes, your samo might look healthy but is it really healthy.how hygienic is your so rounding , parasites like ticks doesn't waste time before infesting on your dog, is your dog free from ticks ?

Lemme stop here for now whil I await your response

1 Like

Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by Iphe56: 1:21am On Aug 21, 2016
Nice
Re: PLS Help A Firt Timer Samoyed Owner! by ikolosi: 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
CoolSmithz:
Am sorry for the late response,
First and foremost you need to know that the Samoyed is not the usual dog you are used to,Samoyeds differ a lot from other breeds in gems of grooming, appetite e.t.c
As funny as it might sound, soaps are not good for Samoyeds as they thicken their hair, discolours it and sheds at a greate rat than it should , hence affecting th overall health of your Sami.
Use only recommended shampoo but don't use a conditioner, conditioner also discolours the natural hair.
The Samoyed can go 3 days without eating and you wouldn't even notice, even when they eat , they eat little, besides, they are very selective of what thy eat, now, these also affects the overall health of the samo, the remedy for this is , timely deworming and frequent supplement of blood tonic, though I recommend emvite mixed with a stymie, your samo should gain a lot of appetite.
Besides, what you feed your dog is another thing, you don't pump carbourhydrate into your samo, it needs a lot of protein, so I recommend you get fish meal as much as possible.
The environment in which your samo lives matters a lot,Yes, your samo might look healthy but is it really healthy.how hygienic is your so rounding , parasites like ticks doesn't waste time before infesting on your dog, is your dog free from ticks ?

Lemme stop here for now whil I await your response
thanx alot.....but should the fish be cooked or raw?

(1) (Reply)

Female Neapolitan Mastiff Pup For Sales / Pedigree Boerboel Puppies On Sale(not Cheap). / A Beg Come And Carry Your Puppies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.