Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

What Is In My Body - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is In My Body (763 Views)

Help All My Joints Hurts. And My Body Trembles Too / Checkout My Body Work After Few Days In The Gym.. / Pls Help Me , What Could This Growth On My Body Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is In My Body by Julesrule: 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
GLUTHATIONE (GSH) is an antioxidant created in cells. It helps prevent damage to important cellular components caused by free radicals, heavy metals, free radicals, peroxides.
Generally it fights cellular inflammation, detoxify cells, improve liver function and supports the immune system.
Its functions include;
• Transport - it moves protein between cells and compartments of cells
• Detox - toxins such as heavy metals, pesticides, food preservatives, cigarette smoke, etc. are changed into free radicals by the liver then detoxified by glutathione
• Activation - calls up, or activates, the first responders of the immune system to attack invading organisms
• Regeneration - replenishes a wide variety of other antioxidants

WHAT HAPPENS WITH AGE
While GSH is produced by the body, the bad news is that its production starts to decline steadily after age 20. As GSH production declines, unresolved free radicals increase.
This results in general deterioration of the body and the consequences include;

• Cardiovascular disease: angina and heart attacks
• Pulmonary disease: emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis
• Neurological disease: Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, migraines, ADHD, multiple sclerosis
• Oncology: cancers of all types
• Rheumatology: lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis
• Dermatology: wrinkles, psoriasis, acne, eczema, dermatitis
• Infectious diseases: hepatitis, herpes, flu, HIV, MRSA, viral infections Infectious diseases: hepatitis, herpes, flu, HIV, MRSA, viral infections

Basically, without GSH every cell in our bodies would die prematurely from its own waste products, entire immune system cease to function; the liver would cease to detoxify. Without GSH, oxygen based life will be no more.

SO WHAT DO I EAT TO GET THIS?!
Synthesis of GSH depends on the presence of certain amino acids hence protein is a good source of its basic building block. High-protein food source include pork, beans, fish, meat, milk, sausage meat, chicken, turkey, duck, luncheon meat, eggs, milk, whey protein, ricotta, cottage cheese and yogurt. Vegetable sources include red peppers, garlic, onions, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, oats and so on.
If the protein building blocks are so plentiful in such common foods, why should we ever have low GSH levels, especially as we age? The answer most likely is in the cooking and preparation.
These proteins are delicate and can be injured or destroyed by heat or by rapid agitation such as blending. So we think we are getting a lot of the three amino acids from eggs? Not if they are fried, poached, scrambled, hard boiled or whipped into a froth and baked into grandma’s pies and cakes.

SO WHAT CAN I DO?
Supplement? There are several products on the market that attempt to function as GSH supplements but care must be taken in selecting the proper product. We do not want to take supplement that give GSH directly. Rather look for one that provides nutrients that cells can absorb and use to produce GSH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione
http://www.health-choices-for-life.com/glutathione.html
Re: What Is In My Body by newsphase(m): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
Only the grammar made me to run
Re: What Is In My Body by Ofemmanu1: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
Story..
Re: What Is In My Body by Julesrule: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
newsphase:
Only the grammar made me to run
Lol...
My apologies; it seemed simple enough. Just taught to bring it to our knowledge. But look beyond the grammar
Re: What Is In My Body by newsphase(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2016
Julesrule:

Lol...
My apologies; it seemed simple enough. Just taught to bring it to our knowledge. But look beyond the grammar

Impossible.... I have run and run I have....

I am a health blogger and this post is not going to go anywhere, lame man language is the best language when you are trying to teach Nigerians something new about Health
Re: What Is In My Body by Julesrule: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
newsphase:

Impossible.... I have run and run I have....
I am a health blogger and this post is not going to go anywhere, lame man language is the best language when you are trying to teach Nigerians something new about Health

Noted for future write ups. It will be in layman's term.
Re: What Is In My Body by newsphase(m): 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
Julesrule:

Noted for future write ups. It will be in layman's term.

Julesrule please send any message to this mail hearts6055 at gmail .com
Re: What Is In My Body by Davoskid12: 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
Visit this site to get latest update of health tip and advice>>>
http://drhealthologys..com.ng/?m=1
Re: What Is In My Body by Julesrule: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
newsphase:

Julesrule please send any message to this mail hearts6055 at gmail .com

Thanks, will do.

(1) (Reply)

Tips On Maintaining Wrinkle-free, Smooth, Ageless Great Looking Skin / See What Someone Found in Paracetamol Tablets he bought / Treatment For Herniated Or Slipped Discs Via Laser Disc Decompression Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.