Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State (38058 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fratermathy(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
HayZee06:
How you know all these facts abt kwara and you only did ur nysc in d state is what i dnt get @op undecided abi Google is ur frnd?

undecided undecided undecided

I am a professional tourist. Check my other threads.

Everything boils down to interest.

Mind you, all you see in this post is 100% written by me.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by JFT24(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
OP, YOUR WRITE UP WAS BASED ON LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF KWARA STATE AND HER PEOPLE. THEIR ARE LOTS OF CONFLICTING AND UNTRUE INFORMATIONS IN YOUR WRITEUP. PLEASE I IMPLORE YOU TO MAKE MORE RESEARCH

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by HayZee06(m): 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

undecided undecided undecided

I am a professional tourist. Check my other threads.

Everything boils down to interest.

Mind you, all you see in this post is 100% written by me.
Oh ok man. Good luck with that. (tourist) smiley
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Swiftboy(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Thanks for all the comments. I did not mean to exaggerate the bad state of roads. My concern was not really on Ilorin Roads as one expects the state capital to have relatively good roads. My emphasis was largely on other towns especially Omu-Aran, Oro, Ajasse, Iloffa, Osi, Oke-Onigbin, Baruten, Patigi, Kaiama, etc. These places have bad linking roads and the intra-town road artery is terrible. Most of the roads need an overhaul.

Ilorin has relatively good roads but more can still be done especially when compared to Uyo, Calabar, Ibadan, etc

I have edited that statement and put it in better shape.

Am a Kwaran...I support this post 100%. The government ain't trying one bit...the governor belong to his political mentor.. .Senate President Saraki. I won't say more.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by DisGuy: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
Awoofawo:
Within dey have to Nairaland d, because having problem posting since yes/day

And as if that is enough wahala , Nairaland is now showing arabic scripts in photos upload box oh ga o!

Oga Seun hope kosi wahala from hackers again?
cool

ask fatymore o
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Swiftboy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
EvilSeeed:
10 interesting facts about Kwara?

Nobody cares about fhucking Kwara State except those unfortunate to be born from there.

tell me 10 interesting things about a productive and blessed state like Ekiti.
park a vox wagen next to a Cadillac.. .100 years your Ekiti is the vox and my Kwara is the Cadillac. Your state can't be in our level. In size, strength and economy.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by EvilSeeed: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
hitchowoyemi:

Evilseed is indeed ur name! Smh.. educated illi oshi.. except those unfortunate to be born there? U need salvation, goat! I'm a proud kwaran, offa to be precise.

Do you have any choice but to be a proud Kwaran?

Can you be a Proud Abian?

Gerraway from here. grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fatymore(f): 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
DisGuy:

ask fatymore o
lols
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by EvilSeeed: 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
xreal:

You are such a f00l and edeot to make such a comment.

I am sure, no one from your state has ever been a Vice to the head of state, Senate President not even a footballer on the National team.

Yet you come here to make comment, must you?

Tell me one Kwaran that has been president of Nigeria and I will name two from my state.

Stop cursing at me hommie. I am on probation and don't want to fhuck up my composure.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero
(literarymathy[at]gmail.com)

[size=1pt]Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala[/size]
Nice write up,so informative and educative! Having had an opportunity To visit the state I guess its a cool place. Thanks to the OP,after reading this piece, I guess am better informed about the state. Keep it up!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Kazzman(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
The Op has explained virtually all I need to Know in Kwara state without leaving no stone unturned. I can now have the idea of the state despite not having an opportunity of getting to all the listed areas. Kudos to you Bro. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by shadeyinka(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
The OP has tried. If there are gaps, its only human to err.

However, the major problem of Kwara state is Ilorin-Islam conspiracy. If you are not first from Ilorin or second a Muslim, you will be marginalised in terms of employment or political relevance.

Thanks to the sarki dynasty. The whole state is impoverished because everything of value is situated/sited in Ilorin. I respect Offa people, they are the only community group that seems to be able to face Ilorin. The Igbominas are too divided religion wise to make any stand.

If you are not a politician in Kwara state you are poor. I hope those who are not from Ilorin will wake up to develop their own area. This can only be done if they unite especially the Ibolos and Igbominas.

Let no one come to you saying "Eyin omo 'iya mi"

4 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by malosky79(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero

[size=1pt]Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala[/size]
mz

You are correct in most of your analysis,but living faith came behind Churches Like ECWA &CAC.weldone bro

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by biookuta(m): 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero

[size=1pt]Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala[/size]
good Work But Regarding To Baruten, Its Compries Of 4 Districs Namely Okuta, Gwanara, Ilesha-bariba And Yashikira Distric. Baribas Are G8 Farmers Yams N Yamflour Is Highly Produced

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by masseratti: 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Yoruba language is spoken. However, many of the people descended from Shehu Alimi and that makes them of Fulani ethic descent. Take note of the language I used when I got to this point in my writeup.
alimi is not the son of usthman dan fodio, both fulanis but not related, alimi's son swore allegiance to the caliphate after he deposed the rulers of ilorin, also Afonja was not the founder of ilorin, to the myth that ilorin is a mixture of fulani and yorubas, thats not so true, most of the elites less than 10% of the population are fulanis, just like fulanis rules Nupes, Kano hausas, Igalas in the name of Islam, thats the same situation in Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by kwaraguy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
Emmyk:
#KwaraGuy# cool cool

Yezzir. I greet you bro
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Excelboi(m): 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
I'm a proud kwaran... Repping Edu LGA, Lafiagi... Nupe blood!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by dekaz(m): 7:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
EvilSeeed:

Tell me one Kwaran that has been president of Nigeria and I will name two from my state.

Stop cursing at me hommie. I am on probation and don't want to fhuck up my composure.
Two from ur state that have been the president of where? ... NIGERIA ? are u on cheap drugs.........(ekiti state)
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by phenomem(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Pattybm:
I live in Kwara state and I love Kwara as well. Most of the facts are correct but I don't agree with your comment that Kwara State has one of the worst road networks in Nigeria. There may be some bad roads but to say "worst road network",- by whose standard and what indices? I think it's an exaggeration of the fact.

It's obvious the state government is doing a lot particularly with regards to road construction and repairs across the state. Of cos not all roads can be fixed at once, so there may be some bad ones, which I'm sure with time will be fixed.

Attached are some pictures of some recently completed roads in the state.....And there are also many ongoing road projects across the state.

It's been up to a year since I last visit kwara but I can tell you most of the roads I see there are bad. You need to see the roads that link oro to offa. Then you will know what I'm talking about. The state government is trying but what the sarakis family did to that state is too bad
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Haywhybaba007(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nice article @ op but ur statement that : 'However, Omu-aran has one of the best electricity supply in the whole state. Omu-aran has at least 20 hours of light on a good day' is highdoubtable because Jebba in Moro LGA has at least 21 hours on a good day( probably because of the presence of Jebba Hdyro Power Plant in the town and the now -moribund Nigeria Papermill).
U also didn't lay much emphasis on the relatively low cost of buying foodstuff in the state.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Haywhybaba007(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nice article @ op but ur statement that : 'However, Omu-aran has one of the best electricity supply in the whole state. Omu-aran has at least 20 hours of light on a good day' is doubtable because Jebba in Moro LGA has at least 21 hours on a good day( probably because of the presence of Jebba Hdyro Power Plant in the town and the now -moribund Nigeria Papermill).
U also didn't lay much emphasis on the relatively low cost of buying foodstuff in the state.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by jesusjewel1(f): 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
moneybag100:

No private companies?
No Tuyil? No kam wire? No unifoam? No cocacola? No pepsi? No Dangote?
May be you don't know kwara.

Kwara state is trying but not up to. The companies are not really vibrant as not everyone both visitors and residents are aware of these companies.
Most of these companies are just patching up.
Coca-Cola has left Kwara state.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by akigbemaru: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kwara state!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Awoofawo(m): 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
DisGuy:

ask fatymore o
Who be fatymore?
Abeg telling us bro!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by akomst: 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Thanks for this.

Learning, they say, is a continual process.

If not that I opened this thread, I wouldn't have known these new facts now.

Even though I have my own reservations based on my findings, I'll let this slide because I am not an indigine of Kwara.

The best you could do is to ignore "YourNemesis" as he called himself.
Ilorin of old is divided into quarters i.e. Yorubas quarters, Hausa/Gobir quarters, Fulani quarters, Kanuri, Nupes and other tribes quarters.
If he indeed knows Ilorin as much, he wouldn't deny that very few family houses could be ascribed to Yorubas and I mean no disrespect, yet many more of Fulanis including the ruling family houses and few to the remaining tribes.
Because everyone speaks Yoruba, hence its easy to be fooled that the majority are of that ethnic stock, but like every other territories ruled/conquered by Fulanis, Fulfude isn't used as lingua fraca except for the likes of Adamawa, most often, language of the community or its environ is adopted and in this case, Yoruba, being the language of conquered territories south of Ilorin.
Lastly, ethnic ownership of the town is rarely debated as the binding force of the different tribes in the town is far greater than ethnicity i.e. the Love of Islam.
Yes you would find Yorubas especially from SouthWest fighting for claims on historical ground with help from a few agitators from the town, most of whom are politically disadvantaged.
You did a great job and I love it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by swagzofroyalty(m): 6:23am On Jul 16, 2016
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero

[size=1pt]Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala[/size]
Good write up but some facts are not true: Offa is the head of Ibolo and not Igbomina which under Ajase, Oke Oyi is a separate and distinct Community, Ilorin is not predominantly Fulanis but Yorubas (it is only the ruling class that are predominantly Fulanis)
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Bollove: 6:31am On Jul 16, 2016
fratermathy:

Oga, I am from Offa and we are not Igbomina, our dialect is Ibolo which is spoken in communities both in Kwara and present day Osun states ... Offa is the headquarter of Ibolo communities.

Kindly adjust your Op, because we Offa are not Igbomina.... the remaining communities you mentioned are Igbomina but Offa is never Igbomina.

Offa and Igbomina are both Yoruba speaking communities in Kwara State and both are located in Kwara South.... But never classify Offa under Igbomina, it is academically and Politically wrong....

Offa is one community which is the headquarter of Ibolo dialect of Yoruba, Igbomina is a tribe in Yoruba ethnicity that can be found in Kwara and Osun state just like Egbas or Ekitis.

Offa is never part of Igbomina land and Igbomina is never Offa.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by xreal: 6:41am On Jul 16, 2016
EvilSeeed:

Indomie kids don't read history books anymore.

A vice to the head of state is different from a president.

Pls don't name two, one is enough. Who has ever been a president from your state?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by EmmyDe25(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2016
BrazenDee:
I do know Kwara State government is embarking on Operation No Pothole which would transform the road network in Kwara to the best in Nigeria. At the moment 38 roads projects are being carried out and by next month an Asphalt plant will be commence operations in the state. It is good here and it can only get better
Bro, there are alot of bad roads in Kwara. And that's me being extremely polite.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fratermathy(m): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2016
Bollove:
Oga, I am from Offa and we are not Igbomina, our dialect is Ibolo which is spoken in communities both in Kwara and present day Osun states ... Offa is the headquarter of Ibolo communities.

Kindly adjust your Op, because we Offa are not Igbomina.... the remaining communities you mentioned are Igbomina but Offa is never Igbomina.

Offa and Igbomina are both Yoruba speaking communities in Kwara State and both are located in Kwara South.... But never classify Offa under Igbomina, it is academically and Politically wrong....

Offa is one community which is the headquarter of Ibolo dialect of Yoruba, Igbomina is a tribe in Yoruba ethnicity that can be found in Kwara and Osun state just like Egbas or Ekitis.

Offa is never part of Igbomina land and Igbomina is never Offa.

Yes. I acknowledged that error.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fatymore(f): 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
Awoofawo:

Who be fatymore?
Abeg telling us bro!
help me tel him
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by vulpeslopez(m): 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
@op.....served in Ilorin, kwara state college of education
Ilorin is a nice place to start life as a young graduate cos ur 100k in Lagosis like 200k in Ilorin.....300k in some rural area grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dear Lagosians, / Young Shall Grow Bus Rams Into Fuel Tanker On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (pics) / International Wing Of Kano Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.