Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail (33218 Views)

Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS / Bowen University Slay Queen Drinks Hypo After Spending Her Friend's School Fees / Girl Who Vanished From School With A Guy Has Been Found, Boy Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Krak(m): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
Our news people do not know the difference between Murder and Manslaughter.

And they wrote Murder boldly in the headline. Our people need more education.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by kayStelly(f): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
Sunofgod:
I question why a loaded gun was left lying around the house - at least it should have been hidden and unloaded.

Not to talk of it being triggered, or is a seven year old also capable of totting a pistol, if so, it should be murder not manslaughter, yeah, second degree murder.

1 Like

Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Ayuzz007(m): 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ehyaa.....

That boy must be James Bond or Commando....
What a sad occurrence to the deceased family 😢
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by SHAIBULIAR: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
Is the boy now an ex convict?
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by ify2016: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
At last. Very friendly boy. I saw him while he was in Police Cell 3 weeks ago. He doesn't even know why they brought him in the cell. Plays around anyhow he likes.

I think that Enugu CID Police is the best place to be. They are so friendly to their suspects.

Congrats small rat as as we usually called him over there.

Try and be a good product to the society.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Ayuzz007(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
Situation when a kid watch too much of James Bond, Commando and Rambo movies....
Sad occurrence to the deceased family...
R. I. P
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Ayuzz007(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
ify2016:
At last. Very friendly boy. I saw him while he was in Police Cell 3 weeks ago. He doesn't even know why they brought him in the cell. Plays around anyhow he likes.

I think that Enugu CID Police is the best place to be. They are so friendly to their suspects.

Congrats small rat as as we usually called him over there.

Try and be a good product to the society.

Lol
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
A boy of 0-7 years, is considered incapable of committing a crime. so he walks.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by victorjoe(m): 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
Sunofgod:
I question why a loaded gun was left lying around the house - at least it should have been hidden and unloaded.

It was not just lying around. It was in a room. They were there to clean the room. I remember years ago. My late dad, a cop normally kept his gun under the pillow. I brother, then a toddler picked it up and pointed it at Mumsie. Come see shout. Since that day popsies gun was always on d wardrobe.

People should learn to keep firearms where it will be easily accessible to them in case of emergencies but unreachable to others. Especially when they r not in d room.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
Why has the owner of the gun not been arrested? The only guns that are legal for civilians are pump action shotguns.

As usual, the daft police went after a minor in a manslaughter case where there should have been counseling rather than incarceration.

A lot of heads need to roll. How do we know the owner of the gun is not a terrorist?
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by concept65: 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
TheNewIbadan:
They don't have underaged "jail"? Like a teenage detention center?
A small boy like this, already killing someone.
O ma se
He is 7 for God's sake! Thank heavens you are not a law enforcer, what would you have charged him with? Dolus directus??

1 Like

Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by HomeOfMe(f): 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
Araoluwa005:
sorry boy. this is what too much of action firms cause
I agree with you;too much" power rangers"
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by TheNewIbadan: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
concept65:
He is 7 for God's sake! Thank heavens you are not a law enforcer, what would you have charged him with? Dolus directus??

He's 7 and he killed. Your point?
In civilized nation, they've have put in a juvenile center (underaged prison).
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by sinceraconcept(m): 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Stegomiah:
One of those stories all you can say is hmmm

Who do we blame?

Seven years should not be sent to jail

It was an accidental discharge but yet this boy don claim peson life, at that age

Hope he gets thru this
I hope he doesn't end up catching bodies anyhow when he grows up
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by DICKtator: 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Why was his name mentioned?

Why is his face being shown?

I marvel at the stupidity of the Nigerian press at times!!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by DebbieSean(f): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
McBrooklyn:

So E Make Sense As Dem Don Send Under 18 Pikin Go Jail, Shey?? undecided undecided
Hian! But you heard he wasn't detained now. He was prevented from being dealt with by the aggrieved ones, or jungle justice being meted on him.
Btw, that kid should be properly chastised later on. Na stubborn boy, he could have obeyed his elder bro by dropping the gun instead of wasting someone's life. Don't spare the rod and spoil the child.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by loomer: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Sunofgod:

No mind our useless police, dem no know their job. Loaded gun for house and where 7 year old pikin fit touch
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ehya. Funny bt d death s already gone. Rip
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by iswallker(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
TheNewIbadan:
They don't have underaged "jail"? Like a teenage detention center?
A small boy like this, already killing someone.
O ma se

Stupid police.. ..if you kill once, you will kill again...it's just like jumping from a height....you overcome the fear..it becomes easy..send the boy to juvenile home...now.. angry
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Pamelayoung: 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
It's the adult that should be jailed. Medical practitioner will say keep all drugs out of the reach of children, it also applies to tins that can endanger them.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Blitz888(m): 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Emma540:
undecided
Scammer ... Go and look for something useful and do... Stop trying to reapoff others. Ole, Onye Oshi, Barawo!!!
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Jacko01: 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Dat boy stil never escape

Dem still fit kill am

No be 9ja we dey.... Iv heard of many similar cases and suspect usually always end up dead
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by jesussaves22: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
My question is was the boy aware why he was arrested? Can he bold tell some one his crime? Is he feeling remorse? Police should arrest the owner of the gun and the elder brother who saw the gun but could not get it out from the kid.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by stchinedu: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
Sunofgod:

I wonder o! shocked shocked shocked

Funny enough, nothing is said about the owner of the gun. After all, there is a law guiding the use of gun and owning a gun.

Honestly, i wonder if the police actually KNOW the law they are keeping undecided

The boy in question is a MINOR. At that age, a child is very adventurous...they want to have a first hand feel of what they have been watching on TV.

For the Nigeria Police "PROFESSIONALISM", The Police said they "kept" the boy for "safety" (I laff in Hebrew grin)

Where did they keep a "MINOR" to save him from being "mobbed" by "aggrieved" parents? At Home or in the station?

Obviously, the boy was kept in their station for "protection" and made to share cell with criminals...definitely treated like one too.

After going through that "protective measure", will his life ever remain the same? It is evident he learned some "lessons" but the type of lesson learned by staying under such "protection" is what is left to imagination.

We all know how "transformed" those released from "Police custody" are when released. As For the young boy that has been so "blessed" to be under police "protective custody", probably with a "body guard" is transformation will be so...

LET US PRAY.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by seangy4konji: 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
This work is coming to an end.
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2016
Why would a loaded gun be easily accessible to kids?,the young lad out of curiosity wanted to know if it works the same way like in the movies,quite unfortunate that his elder brother instead of taking the gun from him,asked him to go and put it back
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
incidents like this have occurred I'm the US alot of times and the full blame goes to the owner of the gun and no one else
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by love4rent80s: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
U all should not blame the boy or the owner of the gun....
U should blame the other Older boy who asked him to return the gun instead on collecting it from him or reporting him
Re: 7-year-old Boy Arrested For Murder Freed At Last After Spending A Month In Jail by TheNewIbadan: 7:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
iswallker:

Stupid police.. ..if you kill once, you will kill again...it's just like jumping from a height....you overcome the fear..it becomes easy..send the boy to juvenile home...now.. angry

Send a killer home? No.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Egbuoma Youths Burn Houses In Oguta, Imo After Assassination Of Their Comrade / Cultists Kill 2 People At A Bar In Ifite Awka, Anambra (Graphic Picture) / Attempted Murder: Police Officer, Aiwansoba Dismissed And Prosecuted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.