Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act (41018 Views)

Man Stealing Bibles At A Shop In Anambra, Caught. Photo / Man Stabs Rival To Death In Lagos Night Club Over Lover / Man Stealing Cable Electrocuted In Niger State (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Obaofnaija(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2016
Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command on Tuesday, July 12 nabbed, Benjamin Michael, 27, for attempting to remove a Mercedes Benz A-Class with the registration number UB 202 AAA from the park at a popular night club (name withheld) in Ikeja.

The suspect, who hails from Ughelli in Delta State, was arrested after the policemen prevented the angry mob from carrying out jungle justice on him when they sighted him entering the car.
The suspect, who had sustained various degrees of injuries on his head before the arrival of RRS operatives, was taken to the hospital for medical attention by the police.

Upon his arrival at the RRS’ headquarters, he confessed that his plan was to steal the vehicle and take it out of Lagos to a neighbouring country to sell.

“I took a wrap of Indian-hemp before I went to the club that night. On getting to the club, I was looking for a car whose door was not locked. Then, I started opening all the vehicles parked at the club’s parking space one after the other. I discovered that the car in question was not locked, which gave me free entry into it. I entered the car quietly with the aim of removing it from where it was parked and take it out for sale,” he disclosed.

The suspected criminal said that he was unaware that some people were seeing him while entering the vehicle.

He added: As I entered the car, I saw a group of men coming towards me. I still pretended as if the car was mine. When they got to my side, they asked me if the car was mine. Unknowingly to me, the owner of the car was with them.

I confidently told them the car belonged to me. They dragged me out of the vehicle and started beating me. If not for the timely intervention of the RRS officers, they would have killed me that night”.

It was gathered that the Policemen who were on their routine patrol along the axis, rescued the suspect when he was about to be set ablaze by the enraged youth.

While confirming the arrest, the spokesperson of Lagos State Police Command, Superintendent of Police, SP Dolapo Badmus, said that efforts were in progress to arrest to arrest his colleagues.
“The suspect would be charged to court upon completion of our investigations. My advice to every vehicle owner is to ensure that your vehicles are parked in a secured place and properly locked to prevent car thieves from taking undue advantage of such negligence,” she added.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/07/14/rrs-nabs-27-year-old-car-thief/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2016
He smoked weed before going there........... Am not surprised anyway. Know why...? see the pix below...

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by locosis007(m): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2016
He should av lynched enough, but not killed.

LYNCHING IS THE BEST DETTERENCE, NOT PROSECUTION..

LYNCHING ALWAYS LEAVE A PHYSICAL MARK, NOT PAPER MARK LIKE BEING CALLED CONVICT.

NEXT TIME POLICE WAIT SMALL.. enjoy the fighting spree

5 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Sunexy(m): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2016
Name Checkers Association will be so disappointed
grin

6 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2016
Sunexy:
grin
No be small disappointment o. But this one is an N.D.A brother. They are well known for pipeline vandalization not car stealing.....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by bewla(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2016
ops
Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Sunexy(m): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2016
Mediator97:

No be small disappointment o. But this one is an N.D.A brother. They are well known for pipeline vandalization not car stealing.....
There is no association for vandalization or stealing abi?...u can create 1 now grin ..Offense Checkers Association(OCA)

3 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by mrkings84(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Jungle justice
Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by veekid(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Lobatab
Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by OnWebTech: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Go to Jail..
The hard economy is not an excuse to steal peoples hard earned property
#France Mourns

1 Like

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 15, 2016
When they got to my side, they asked me if the car was mine. Unknowingly to me, the owner of the car was with them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ikeja should be the Las Vegas of Nigeria.The number of night clubs, poker house,hotel,sex house e.t.c around there is alarming especially Allen,oregun,opebi side.

10 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Dexema(m): 9:43am On Jul 15, 2016
pls pull off that United jersey asap!! grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Coolgent(m): 9:43am On Jul 15, 2016
This got me laughing seriuosly....

"I confidently told them the car belonged to me. They dragged me out of the vehicle and started beating me. If not for the timely intervention of the RRS officers, they would have killed me that night”

4 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 15, 2016
NCAN may feast on this one ooo

I don't support tribalism tho.
Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by StoneLucifer: 9:44am On Jul 15, 2016
He should have been burnt sharp sharp....
Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Chidoks(f): 9:44am On Jul 15, 2016
Sunexy:
grin
honestly, my heart was beginning to race till I saw the state of origin

2 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by HRich(m): 9:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Manchester United and their Fans stealing since the time of Alex Ferguson.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by fireforfire: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Abeg which kind liver dis guy chop sef
Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by tizblink: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2016
Which one is he took weed before going?

The weed had nothing to do with his actions.

Face the law

2 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by EvilSeeed: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2016
What an Idiot.

I hope they fuucked him up good before the Police arrived. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3973380_carr_jpega437fb756c6c7783ebee8df2f6b69a2a

Fhucking Man U fans. angry

5 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by mhisbliss(f): 9:47am On Jul 15, 2016
Lol he thought its gta were you get killed and respawn in the hospital

4 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by odeebee: 9:48am On Jul 15, 2016
Man U fans and stealing r like Siamese twins...

They will never make or hustle their own...

Moyes....

Van gaal...

Mou....

Benji Maikel...

7 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Vendoor(f): 9:48am On Jul 15, 2016
KPELE grin
Thieves everywhere
Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by superfelix: 9:49am On Jul 15, 2016
God catch him
Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Rexnegro(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2016
na The same club jersey wey dey use ojoro steal 3points with Howard Webb, na their fan want con use ojoro steal person hard earn Benz car...they no even beat You well sef.... idiot

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by Sultanchidi(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2016
He is even a man United fan

United fans and car snatching just like bread and butter grin

10 Likes

Re: Man Stealing A Car At A Lagos Night Club Caught In The Act by oladipo322(m): 9:50am On Jul 15, 2016
ori Iya re really saved u, if not u would have join ur ancestor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ritualist Plucks Out Eyes Of 7-Year-Old Boy In Borno (Photos) / Abba Kyari: '90% Of The Information About Evans & His Arrest Are False' / Man Rapes His 5-Year-Old Niece In Adamawa To Get Back At His Brother (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.