Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Open Letter To Pmt On Reccurence Road Accidents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Open Letter To Pmt On Reccurence Road Accidents (455 Views)

Multiple Accidents Leave 2 Dead, Others Injured In Imo State. Graphic Photos / 6 Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos With The Highest Number Fatal Accidents / Dangerous Gutter At Alapara Junction Akute, Causing Accidents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Pmt On Reccurence Road Accidents by musabayokanu: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2016
MY ADVICE FOR PEACE MASS TRANSIT AS REGARDS THEIR RECCURENCE ROAD ACCIDENTS (PMT)

In recent time PEACE MASS TRANSIT has been in one form of ghastly motor accident or the other, claiming lives of drivers, passengers and even other road users. This issue has been a recurrence issue. The government which has the statutory rights to regulate the transport sector whether private or government owned, bloggers and other other civil society organisation has kept mute about the unfolding events, maybe until a minister child, or relative is involve or when ever their is a head on Collision involving a ministers convoy and PMT bus then sanctioning and proper investigation will come in.

But before I proceed let's evaluate the nature of the accidents, eye withness reports has shown that most of the accidents involving PMT are usually head on Collision or skidding off the road and the primary and major cause of it is Sleeping while driving, dizziness, tiredness, lack of sleep among the drivers and many others.

I will advice PMT to restructure their mode of payment to avoid drivers trying to make more trips which translates to more money at the detriment of their brand name, vehicle and the greatest among all is peoples life.

If the drivers have fixed pay irrespective of the number of trips they make, they will like to make less trip and find time to rest. But when the reverse is the case they will want to make as many trips as possible even when they are not strong and the vehicle not in good shape.

Pay more attention to customers complaints and ensure full operations of speed limiter. Many drivers argue that speed limiter will make it impossible to run away from high way robbers.........but it's better to be robbed by high way robbers than to be robbed your life and put one into permanent disability due to over speeding or even while escaping from high way robbers.

Discipline your drivers and sanction them where necessary, on a faithful day I was travelling to Onitsha from PH, I met some other transporters on the way. One thing I notice is that after stopping for police check I will still meet other transporters on the way and even drive past them until I stop for another police check but I never meet the first PMT bus I met in Rivers state axis of the road again and even some PMT busses that passed me while I was at the check point.

Lastly where you have a large park, make available guest house where drivers who don't reside in that city can sleep comfortably overnight, make sure they are inside at most 8:30pm, no alcohol or prostitute allowed within the premises because their is a big different with sleeping with your loved one and prostitute with the later you will be forced to get a complete value for your money and at the end depriving yourself of sleep for the night.

Rather than rush to accident scene to erase the name, colour and plate number of the vehicle. See all accident as a learning call, invest more in road accident investigation it will help you know what went wrong and how to avert future occurrence. Also share accident investigative findings among the drivers for them to learn from.

The brand name PEACE really need to share from ABC GIG etc success story and how they cover more mileage with less road mishaps.

Thank you

Must Bayo Kanu
From Garden city

cc
Lalasticlala
mynd44
Seun
obynoscopy
Re: Open Letter To Pmt On Reccurence Road Accidents by Dreal11247: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2016
Awesome

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Accident Along Akure - Ipetu Road Leaves 3 Injured, Taken To The Hospita / Outrage As Nigeria Embassy In America STOP GIVING Passports / Cameroon: A Passenger Train Caring Travelers Derailed, 56 Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.