Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,397 members, 7,836,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable (685 Views)

IMF Hints At Fresh Devaluation, Says Naira Is Overvalued / Naira is Worst Performing Currency In Africa In 2016-The Economist / Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by ejilife: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2016
It's official... naira now Africa's worst performing currency of 2016 - TheCable

The Nigerian naira took a dive on Thursday at both parallel and official markets, becoming the worst performing currency in Africa in 2016.www.thecable.ng
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by Vendoor(f): 10:39am On Jul 15, 2016
ohhhhhhhh... There was a country embarassed
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by orisa37: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2016
Very despicable!
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by ejilife: 10:40am On Jul 15, 2016
Chai! This man has done it again. It seem that he is here to repeat the hardship that he inflicted on the citizens in 1984 again?
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by babyfaceafrica: 10:42am On Jul 15, 2016
Is that all?
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by ejilife: 10:46am On Jul 15, 2016
It’s official, Naira now Africa’s worst performing currency of 2016....Current value will shock you

Beauties With Dream Bodies Are Looking To Date, Maybe More
Don't miss the chance to have an unforgettable date tonight!
The Nigerian naira took a dive on Thursday at both parallel and official markets, becoming the worst performing currency in Africa in 2016.

The naira, which began trading at around 283 to the dollar at the interbank market on Thursday, depreciated to 284/$1 to become the third worst performing currency in the world for 2016.

Nigerian naira, according to Bloomberg data, came ahead

of only two currencies in the world – Venezulan bolivar and Suriname dollar.

At the Nigerian parallel market, the naira fell to its lowest level since the start of the new foreign exchange regime, trading at 363/$1 and 485 to the pound in Abuja and Port Harcourt.

The Euro traded above N390 in Lagos and under 380 in the nation’s capital, Abuja.

In 2016, the naira has lost 29.61 percent of its value on the official market, following the decision of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to allow for a floating foreign exchange regime.

The top three performing currencies of 2016 are all universal currencies; Silver, Gold and Platinum, which have gained 45.93 percent, 25.11 percent and 22.79 percent respectively.

These currencies are followed by the Brazilian real, the Russian rubble and the Japanese Yen.

The best performers in Africa are South African rand, Zambian kwacha, Somali shilling and Botswana Pula, which have gained 8.88 percent, 8.69 percent, 5.54 percent and 4.95 percent respectively.

At the base of the African currencies are the naira, Mozambique new metical, Sierra Leone leone, and the Angolan kwanza.

The CBN remains “reasonably optimistic” that the naira would eventually settle at 250 to the dollar at the interbank market.

The local currency has been on the downward swing following a plunge in crude oil prices and a consequent decline in Nigeria’s foreign reserves.
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by Rose2014: 10:47am On Jul 15, 2016
grin
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by ejilife: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2016
It’s official, Naira now Africa’s worst performing currency of 2016....Current value will shock you

The Nigerian naira took a dive on Thursday at both parallel and official markets, becoming the worst performing currency in Africa in 2016.

The naira, which began trading at around 283 to the dollar at the interbank market on Thursday, depreciated to 284/$1 to become the third worst performing currency in the world for 2016.

Nigerian naira, according to Bloomberg data, came ahead

of only two currencies in the world – Venezulan bolivar and Suriname dollar.

At the Nigerian parallel market, the naira fell to its lowest level since the start of the new foreign exchange regime, trading at 363/$1 and 485 to the pound in Abuja and Port Harcourt.

The Euro traded above N390 in Lagos and under 380 in the nation’s capital, Abuja.

In 2016, the naira has lost 29.61 percent of its value on the official market, following the decision of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to allow for a floating foreign exchange regime.

The top three performing currencies of 2016 are all universal currencies; Silver, Gold and Platinum, which have gained 45.93 percent, 25.11 percent and 22.79 percent respectively.

These currencies are followed by the Brazilian real, the Russian rubble and the Japanese Yen.

The best performers in Africa are South African rand, Zambian kwacha, Somali shilling and Botswana Pula, which have gained 8.88 percent, 8.69 percent, 5.54 percent and 4.95 percent respectively.

At the base of the African currencies are the naira, Mozambique new metical, Sierra Leone leone, and the Angolan kwanza.

The CBN remains “reasonably optimistic” that the naira would eventually settle at 250 to the dollar at the interbank market.

The local currency has been on the downward swing following a plunge in crude oil prices and a consequent decline in Nigeria’s foreign reserves.
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by brightology3: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2016
ifa talk wetin dey my mind now, mod go fit barn me for life, so I comment my reserve
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by dunkem21(m): 10:49am On Jul 15, 2016
Rose2014:
grin

Shift, make I follow laff cheesy
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by dunkem21(m): 10:51am On Jul 15, 2016
brightology3:
ifa talk wetin dey my mind now, mod go fit barn me for life, so I comment my reserve

No talk abeg, follow us laff.. grin

allow zombies do the talking cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by Rose2014: 10:52am On Jul 15, 2016
dunkem21:

Shift, make I follow laff cheesy
Shifted already lol Abeg help me beg APC to take us back to 2015
Anytime I see news like this, the change in this pic comes to mind.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by moststylish(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2016
Even Somalian money get levels pass our own
Re: Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable by dunkem21(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2016
Rose2014:

Shifted already lol Abeg help me beg APC to take us back to 2015
Anytime I see news like this, the change in this pic comes to mind.

grin grin grin grin

For a while now, I haven't heard from the minister of information.. Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala cool

(1) (Reply)

BEST EVER PFP / Make Money From Gypsum Board And Plaster Board. No More Dollar Exchange Issues / How To Make Money On Linda Ikeji Social (LIS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.