Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

Therapeutic Trek - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Therapeutic Trek (386 Views)

Jaaruma Hauwa Is The Brains Behind Therapeutic Advantages Of Azanza Garckeana / Good Sleep Essential Oil - 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade-10ml / (photos) Ghanaian Refugee To Lose Fingers And Toe After 7-hour Trek To Cross US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Therapeutic Trek by shrewd1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
THERAPEUTIC TREK
Sunday evening at a fast-food chatting and feeding my eyes with people’s tables, thinking of what to fill my plate with. Chicken and chips with ketchup and two bottles of soft drinks. Yummy right? Before wetting your food track in gluttony, this was the menu, two tables from mine. It caught my eyes not because of its allure but the seven year old bear-sized light complexioned male and his mum waiting to fall on the plate.

I wonder why his mum couldn’t see that she was plotting medical suicide for the young lad by such diet in a short while to come. Contrastingly earlier that weekend I was at the gym and saw parents bring their kids for various forms of exercises jogging, walking, cycling, karate and it was an amazing sight. Asides the health benefits imagine the bonding it does to families, fathers cheering their sons, mother and workouts with their daughters.

So recently Pathcare partnered with The Bridge Clinic and the Aspire Advocacy group for a fertility walk. I considered not only the awareness perspective but also the health implications. Mayo clinic stated implications of such walks as;
1) Helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL)
2) Helps increase good cholesterol (HDL)
3) Lowers your blood pressure
4) Reduces risk of (or helps manage) type 2 diabetes
5) Helps manage your weight
6) Regular brisk walking reduces the risk of heart attack by the same amount as much more vigorous exercise, such as jogging.

Ever wondered why bus conductors and hawkers are amongst Lagos’ healthiest (trust me asides the hard drugs, they are), it is due to their ever exerting lifestyle.
E.X

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Heart Treatment / Firing Blanks – An Article On Male Infertility / Say Hello To A Smooth Skin Without Scars And Stretch Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.