Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:04 PM

Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court (35409 Views)

Friday Nwosu Challenges Uche Ogah's Declaration As Abia Governor / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by MyX1: 6:06am On Jul 16, 2016
It is highly unusual for a court registrar to issue an interpretative statement on judgements by the courts and if you know of any precedence avert my mind to it. What I personally suspect is that Justice Abang's conscience is flogging him 72 and he is struggling to explain himself. Himself and his associates or beneficiaries know that the game is up and judicial heads will roll as a consequence. Otherwise nobody should have involved the registrar on a matter already at the appeal court with the high court lacking further powers in the matter. Surely I am not a lawyer but I doubt if there is anything to be made out of the purported letter except to see desperation by those whose conscience are troubled. Please wait for this matter to get to the Supreme Court. That is the only final decision available. The rest na noise and maga maga.
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by kahal29: 6:10am On Jul 16, 2016
shizzle11:
justive Okon abang is working for apc. There is nothing clean in the partial judgements of that evil man. Just look at the cases he has presided over, giving ridiculous and outrageous judgements, his judgements are clearly that of bias-he is an apc judge

Is that all you have to say.. ... I laugh
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by kahal29: 6:24am On Jul 16, 2016
MyX1:
It is highly unusual for a court registrar to
issue an interpretative statement on
judgements by the courts and if you know of
any precedence avert my mind to it.
What I personally suspect is that Justice
Abang's conscience is flogging him 72 and he
is struggling to explain himself. Himself and his
associates or beneficiaries know that the game
is up and judicial heads will roll as a
consequence.
Otherwise nobody should have involved the
registrar on a matter already at the appeal
court with the high court lacking further
powers in the matter.
Surely I am not a lawyer but I doubt if there is
anything to be made out of the purported
letter except to see desperation by those
whose conscience are troubled.
Please wait for this matter to get to the
Supreme Court. That is the only final decision
available. The rest na noise and maga maga.

He is not ordinary court registrar but the Chief Registrar of federal high court in Nigeria that reports directly to the Chief Judge of the federal high court Justice Auta. He is appointed by the Federal Judicial Service Commission and takes instructions from the Chief Judge himself who assigns this cases. Recall that their was a report { http://nigerianpilot.com/abia-logjam-cjn-queries-fhc-cj-conflicting-rulings/} last week which said the CJN queried the Chief Judge of the FHC for assigning the Ikpeazu’s case to two different judges of the FHC when the issues involved were similar maybe this is clarification to that effect.

Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by jjay28(m): 7:15am On Jul 16, 2016
kikake:

The judgement was on PDP Gubernatorial Primaries in Abia state, not on the election proper.

So why award victory on election proper to Ogah who didn't contest the election; and thereby kick on the assss of the hundreds of thousands of Abia electorate who voted their candidate of choice? That's not done.
That Rotimi Amaechi case doesn't come in here.

A clean judge would order a fresh election at worse.
Oga,am an Abia indigene. Uth be told ikpeazu lost the election to Alex Otti. But was rigged into office .
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by MyX1: 8:54am On Jul 16, 2016
jjay28:

Oga,am an Abia indigene. Uth be told ikpeazu lost the election to Alex Otti. But was rigged into office .
Mr man that is not what INEC records said. That is simply Gossip 101. You believe Otti won Election, but you dnt believe Ilpeazu paid his Tax. Hypocricy is a very bad Deses
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by nwadiuko1(m): 9:05am On Jul 16, 2016
jjay28:

sir I am an Abia son too.. I think you are being economical with the truth

1 Like

Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by nwadiuko1(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2016
Beetobee:
Ikpeazu definitely goofed. As a civil servant, his tax was deducted at source so all he needed to do was to get all details of his TIN-tax identification number, printed for him and subsequently given to INEC. But he foolishly went to make a different tax clearance document- was he paying double tax?
my dear I think you don't really understand what is going on.....

Ikpeazu as a civil servant paid his taxes as at when due.....and on resigning and pending when he had need for tax clearance certificate, he applied to ABIR who issued him his tax clearance certificate......
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by kahal29: 9:44am On Jul 16, 2016
nwadiuko1:
my dear I think you don't really understand what is going on.....

Ikpeazu as a civil servant paid his taxes as at when due.....and on resigning and pending when he had need for tax clearance certificate, he applied to ABIR who issued him his tax clearance certificate......

Nwanne Goodmorn.. ... Ikpeazu was never a core civil servant oh.... I don't know why people keep saying he was a civil servant. Hope you know who a civil servant is? All the positions he held was political appointment ie he was appointed by the Governor to head those agencies; is not as if he was employed in the civil service of Abia State where he rose through the ranks say from level 8 officer to a Director. He came from outside to head those agencies. Correct me if am wrong
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by nwadiuko1(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2016
kahal29:

Nwanne Goodmorn.. ... Ikpeazu was never a core civil servant oh.... I don't know why people keep saying he was a civil servant. Hope you know who a civil servant is? All the positions he held was political appointment ie he was appointed by the Governor to head those agencies; is not as if he was employed in the civil service of Abia State where he rose through the ranks say from level 8 officer to a Director. He came from outside to head those agencies. Correct me if am wrong
the issue is not whether he was a "core" civil servant or not.........the issues are: did the law require that his taxes be taken or deducted at source before payment?, was he on PAYE?, did the ASBIR really issue the tax clearance certificate?, did Ikpeazu forge or falsify his tax clearance certificate? .........these are the questions you should be asking......sentiments aside
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by tit(f): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
blackpanda:

Learn to speak correct english grammar. Come back, correct yourself and I will answer your question.

i know say you sabi bukuru like Sai Baba.
if i ask you for yar certipicae now, you go begin kpara.
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by Stanzingerzy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Counting from ikpeazu past problems know weather He is the right candiate for that seat? 1 Mr uche Ogah was with ticket at the primaries, leading in front with majority behind him. 2 ikpeazu was unknown? But was known as the Asepa chairman? 3. He was pick up by a dirty formal Governor, to sweep and cover up his mess. 4 all of a sudden Ogah was rubbed off on the line, being replace by an unknown ikpeazu 5. Reactions by the indigenes, raise an alarm which lead referendum, which resulted the endorsement of Ikpeazu as a PDP MAN IN FRONT. 6 Before the general election came a mandate called DR ALEX OTTI under APGA leading with majority behind him. 7. Now Abians preferred, APGA over PDp who had lead them to blindness for the past sixteen years. 8 After the general election, APGA RIGGED, election being declared inconclusive, and letter declare PDP winner, after rerun in some local gov. 9 election tribunal between both parties... 10. Dr Alex otti drags Okezie Ikpeazu to court three consecutive times, and result went in favour of Otti, but he letter withdrawned 11. All of a sudden came Uche Ogah challenging ikpeazu in court for certificate forgery, ticket and tax etc..... 12 finally court ordering ikpeazu to quit from office with immediate effect. 13. Ogah to be sworn in soon.... Now from the above explanation what is your opinion?
Re: Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court by Rahym001(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
MadamExcellency:

How does a businessman who owns a hotel or traders in Ladipo market pay tax? Each month or year ended?
Year ended

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Releases Detained IPOB Members / Yahaya Bello Moves To Displace Ganduje As APC Chairman, Posters Flood Abuja / Burial Poster Of 38-Year-Old IPOB Member Shot Dead By Soldiers In Anambra(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.