Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Type Of Oil Used In Submersible Motor Of A Borehole Pump - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Type Of Oil Used In Submersible Motor Of A Borehole Pump (2561 Views)

sold / I Need An European Sigma 7.5hp Submersible Pump / Automatic Tank Gauging System, Red Jacket Submersible Pump Retail Forecourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Type Of Oil Used In Submersible Motor Of A Borehole Pump by systematica(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hello house, pls I need your contribution here. It's strictly for those who have an idea. I have this submersible pump motor that got bad a year ago. The guys fixing the borehole have replaced it with a new one and the bad one is just lying fallow. Out of curiosity, I tried to open it in order to see if I could fix the problem with it. I got to discover that this submersible motor is filled with oil.

This is what I found online About this oil

Inside of many submersible electric motors you will find a very thin, clear oil. It is very easy to mista!ke it for water. But don't dump it out!

Dielectric Oil is a thin, light, clear, highly-refined version of mineral oil. It is non-conductive, so it is OK to be inside the motor. Standard mineral oil cannot be used as a replacement.

It is placed inside the motor as a cooling agent. The oil absorbs the heat produced by the motor and transfers it to the outer shell of the motor. The cool water on the outside of the submersible motor can then absorb the heat and cool the motor.

If you did, by mistake, dump out the oil from your motor thinking it was water, you will need to replace the oil before operating the motor. Because we buy the oil by the tanker load, we do not sell it as a replacement product. If you need to purchase some, you could check your area for an electric motor repair shop. Ask if they work on submersible electric motors. If they do, they probably have the oil You can also find the oil online at vaious places. A simple internet search should turn up vendors.

Meanwhile, I have searched online but can't get a name for this oil or how to get it. Anyone with useful idea for me. Thanks in anticipation.

Cc: lacalastica.... Please publish this one I beg

Re: Type Of Oil Used In Submersible Motor Of A Borehole Pump by systematica(m): 8:05am On Jul 16, 2016
Where are mods na, abeg help me push this to fp, I never see Any reply yet
Re: Type Of Oil Used In Submersible Motor Of A Borehole Pump by DBlackCeazer(m): 8:30am On Jul 16, 2016
Curiousity killed the cat bro.lol, be careful with chemicals bro, remembered tampering with the liquid inside an lcd, spent the whole week in the hospital sick.

(1) (Reply)

Quality REEBOK Sneakers From United States / US Used PS4 For Sale /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.