Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Can You Love Others Without Loving Self? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Love Others Without Loving Self? (551 Views)

Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / Wives and Intending Wives, Do you Love Guys Who Can Cook Very Well? / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Love Others Without Loving Self? by cooltobex(m): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hi great people! Trust y'all are good.
Here's a great piece on my blog on "self love", loving others, and how one leads to the other.
Indeed, you can't love other people without first loving you. But what exactly does "self love" mean? Satisfying all your pleasures? Liking what you see in the mirror? I think it's way beyond all that! Self love can include pain and difficulty - you sometimes have to go through painful and harsh experience as a sign of loving yourself. How?
Please and share this piece: www.stillsmallvoiceblog..com/2016/07/can-you-love-others-without-loving-self.html
Thank you.
Re: Can You Love Others Without Loving Self? by zarakay(f): 9:06am On Jul 16, 2016
there's no way u can love others without loving urself first

simply put
you can't give what you don't have!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Love Others Without Loving Self? by cooltobex(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
zarakay:
there's no way u can love others without loving urself first

simply put
you can't give what you don't have!!
Well said. So true. There has to, first be love in one's heart, before you can extend it to others.

(1) (Reply)

I Am The Breadwinner Husband At Work While Barbara Holds The Home Front. / How I Pay My School Fees From Selling Newspapers – 12-year Old Girl / Before You Jump Into The Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.