Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. (898 Views)

Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie At Paris Fashion Week (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2016
One of the few times I have seen commuters reading one of her books, the other book I have seen commuters reading a few times is half of a yellow sun. Meanwhile I haven't even opened any of hers.

Re: Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. by IRserveMyComent(f): 7:13am On Jul 16, 2016
nice book. if you have been to UNN u would understand d book better

1 Like

Re: Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. by Sugarbabekemi(f): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2016
Purple hibiscus is a very good book, we used it in our final year in sch then, her 'Half of a yellow sun' and 'Americanah' are great books too, I think the one I havnt read is 'The thing around your neck'. She's a great writer really.

1 Like

Re: Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 17, 2016
Sugarbabekemi:
Purple hibiscus is a very good book, we used it in our final year in sch then, her 'Half of a yellow sun' and 'Americanah' are great books too, I think the one I havnt read is 'The thing around your neck'. She's a great writer really.

The Thing Around Your Neck is a collection of short stories. And do you mean final year of high school for Purple Hibiscus? I read Americanah this year. I think it's a great book, but with too many unnecessary details.
Re: Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. by Sugarbabekemi(f): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
sarzy:

The Thing Around Your Neck is a collection of short stories. And do you mean final year of high school for Purple Hibiscus? I read Americanah this year. I think it's a great book, but with too many unnecessary details.
oh, I neva knew its a collection of short stories, I meant final year in the polytechnic.
Re: Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
Sugarbabekemi:
oh, I neva knew its a collection of short stories, I meant final year in the polytechnic.

Oh. Purple Hibiscus was recommended for me in SS1 because it was on the WAEC syllabus for that year. Was it Mass Communication at the poly?

(1) (Reply)

SLELI THE GIGOLO Written By Castrol Under The Pen Name Benson Jay Jay / Comment The Name Of Your Best Foreign Writer(author) / Ghosts In The Kinky Part Of Town.... (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.