Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Benue Gov. Ortom Messes Up Again With His Words - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Gov. Ortom Messes Up Again With His Words (487 Views)

Ortom: President Buhari Ignored My Invitation To Benue Over Herdsmen Killings / TB Joshua Prophecy On Biafra: Have His Words Already Come True? / Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Gov. Ortom Messes Up Again With His Words by Jakaya(m): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2016
Direct transcript of Governor Samuel Ortom's statement in the joint press briefing with Minister of Interior, Lt Gen (rtd) Abdulrahman Danbazzau earlier this week.

By Usha Anenga

"...heard that killing in Benue State, it is not true. It's one other thing that we have discussed. I know that people have been killed, the numbers are 5, 15, 2 and this is as a result of criminal elements of both the herdsmen and also the farmers. They are two, and as we balance it up as Governor, the truth is that I'm aware of the criminality that is going on. But it is something that we must come together and work as Federal and state Government to ensure that we have peace for both the herdsmen and our farmers. We have made our position known as Benue State people. The fact is that we will love to continue to have more of the people come in but the problem is the land and today we are going back to agriculture. So becomes extremely difficult for herdsmen and farmers to live together. But we must sit down together on a round table. It is not a matter of killing, it is not a matter of destroying and carting away peoples property and all that. We must sit on a roundtable to discuss and fashion the best way to help us live together."

Took my time to transcribe this from the video on Governor Samuel Ortom's official Facebook page.

Politicians will understand better the relevance of neutrality and "political correctness" in the face of wanton killing of one's brothers and sisters in a daily basis. I will never understand.

To some of us, ordinary citizens, those words don't portray one who is ready to lead a resistance against the carnage going on in communities across the state. It's rather encouraging to the killer-herdsmen and devastating to victims, potential victims and their families.

Leadership is difficult and tough but the least a leader should know how to do is knowing how to talk, and we've seen too many of this verbal gaffes already. May be pleasing to the higher eaters but not funny for us at the bottom of the food chain.

I stand with Ortom but on this statement, NOOOOOOOOOO!!
Re: Benue Gov. Ortom Messes Up Again With His Words by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2016
See as them they count human lives like Chicken....

Well Comets are not seen when the poor dies, But Heaven itself blazes forth at the death of Princes cool cool
Re: Benue Gov. Ortom Messes Up Again With His Words by NoGawking: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2016
You want him to dare his masters in North?
Re: Benue Gov. Ortom Messes Up Again With His Words by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2016
he is an afonja undecided

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Denies Probing NNPC Oil Deals Under kachikwu / As A Liar As Lai, As Deceptive As APC. / Fayose Tells EFCC To Publish His Frozen Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.