Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,702 members, 7,865,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

FFK Recent Statement Means Things Are Gradually Getting Better - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK Recent Statement Means Things Are Gradually Getting Better (441 Views)

Sultan: Corruption At A Very High Level In Nigeria… Things Are Not Okay / Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FFK Recent Statement Means Things Are Gradually Getting Better by designking: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2016
Here are his statements and my thoughts about them:

I give thanks to God that I am free after 67 days in detention.
FFK has been a national figure and a powerful politician in Nigeria. Spending 67days in jail is not an experience people like these ever dream of. It must have been a life shattering experience for him. It could have also given him enough time to reason how fallible and fragile freedom is. He must have missed all the good things of life for the period he stayed in jail. Also the uncertainty when he could possibly regain freedom would have given him frustrations and depressions.

I thank my wife, lawyers, children and friends for all their support.
FFK has realised that once you are in detention or prison, what could save you in Nigeria is your loved ones and the people that truly cares. I noticed he didn't recognised any other politician or even Nigerians for their support. He has realised that those cheering him on, are simply paying lip service and they won't be there when the ships are down.

This was the worst experience of my life but God was with me all the way. I suffered immeasurably but I count it all as joy.
It is the worst moment of his life and he suffered immeasurably. I think he would hence forth do everything possible t avoid going back to jail even though it means putting a zip to his mouth. FFK now know of a certain, that in the current day Nigeria, money cannot buy you freedom no matter the billions you have. Call it dictatorship or tyranny, wealthy people are currently careful with their dealings at the moment.

I am innocent of all charges and I look forward to defending myself vigorously in court.
He is aware that the challenges are not over. Using the word defending myself vigorously, implies the journey just started.
Re: FFK Recent Statement Means Things Are Gradually Getting Better by ikaboy: 10:44am On Jul 16, 2016
He should better start negotiating for plea bargain. Any mistake to resort to twitter again we take him back to getto. Their r still so many charges to be made.
Re: FFK Recent Statement Means Things Are Gradually Getting Better by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2016
angry wink grin

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Ekiti State 2016 Agriculture Submit / Based On Buhari Actions,do U Think He's Wise,fool,dullard,brain Dead Or Clueles? / Anti Corruption: President Buhari Welcomes FIFA Reforms(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.