Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Nairalanders Zakat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairalanders Zakat (639 Views)

All You Need To Know About Zakat Ul- Fitr / 8 Basic Errors Muslims make when paying Zakat Al-Fitr / Why Pay Zakat In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Zakat by abbeydot: 10:52am On Sep 13, 2009
Salam All,

Greetings to you all in this last ten days of Ramadan where the Prophet (pbuh) advised us to seek for the night of majesty. Insha Allah, May we receive the ultimate blessings, favors and rewards inherent in these days.

I've been thinking very much in the spirit of fulfillment, accountability and brotherhood/sisterhood, we should come together, pool our Zakat for the year 1430 AH/ 2009 and seek to ensure that our Zakat is well utilized by the needy. If this is not against the teachings of Islam, I think we should nominate credible Nairaland muslims to be collectors (or open an account and make them signatories), put in our Zakat funds for the year and decide what to do with it.

I am suggesting this because i do not really see the benefits of our yearly Zakat to the needy here in Nigeria and we don't seem to have a reasonable Zakat committee. Scholars and students in the house should look into this and see if it falls in line with laid down injunctions (not a bid'ah), make suggestions, give us the "Zakatable" income for the year, time to be paid and we see how it moves.

May Allah reward the typer, readers and contributors for our little effort. Amin

Start commenting
Re: Nairalanders Zakat by abbeydot: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2009
Though, i intended to attend the Ramadan Iftar organized by Bro. Jarus, i missed it.

I appeal to those who attended that Iftar and saw themselves to help out seriously in the driving of this cause if it is accepted, cos they have seen themselves physically, have phone numbers and other contacts of themselves.

Bro Jarus, Javalove, mukinat, Abuzola etc, help out here
Re: Nairalanders Zakat by noetic2: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2009
I nominate myself to do the collections and be signatory to the account grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Gaddafi Don Kolo Finish / Winch / What Manner Of A God Is This That Can Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.