Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Done Deal: Chelsea Sign N’golo Kante From Leicester - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Done Deal: Chelsea Sign N’golo Kante From Leicester (304 Views)

Uncertainty Rocks N’golo Kante New Role: Questions On Chelsea Fans Lips / N’Golo Kante ‘Too Shy’ To Ask To Hold World Cup Trophy. Photos / Chelsea Sign Jorginho On A Five-year Deal From Napoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Done Deal: Chelsea Sign N’golo Kante From Leicester by Chelseadiurnal: 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
Chelsea have signed Leicester City midfielder N'Golo Kante for a fee around £30m.

After the signing of Michy Batshuayi from Olympique de Marseille, Kante becomes the second summer signing.

The French International has signed a five-year contract and is understood to be on wages of around £120,000-a-week.

Speaking to Chelsea Official Website Kante said:
‘I am so happy to have signed for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. It’s a dream come true for me.
‘The opportunity to work with Antonio Conte, a brilliant coach, and some of the best players in the world was simply too good to turn down.
‘My first season in English football was very special and now I hope to go on to achieve even more during my time as a Chelsea player. I am looking forward to meeting up with my new team-mates and helping the club achieve a lot of success.’
Chelsea's Technical director Michael Emenalo added:

‘N’Golo is a fantastic signing ahead of the new season and we are delighted to have been able to bring such a talented player to the club.
‘He is a perfect fit in terms of Antonio Conte’s philosophies and the style of football he wants to play.
‘For a player of his age he has already built up a wealth of experience and his exceptional quality will without doubt be a great addition to the team.’
Kante was the first signing Claudio Ranieri made after becoming Leicester manager last summer. He joined Leicester last summer from Caen for £5.6million.
He was named on the six-man shortlist for the PFA Players' Player of the Year award - won by former team-mate Riyad Mahrez.
http://www.chelseadiurnal.com/2016/07/chelsea-sign-kante-from-leicester-city.html

(1) (Reply)

What Is It That Olympic Swimmers Do That Ordinary Swimmers Don't? / NEWS!!! Liverpool Reject Crystal Palace’s Initial £23million Bid For Benteke / Come In Stats/analyses Punters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.