Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:43 PM

“We Do Not Auction Seized Goods On Social Media” –Nigeria Customs Service Warns - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / “We Do Not Auction Seized Goods On Social Media” –Nigeria Customs Service Warns (642 Views)

Accident Kills Traders In Niger State While Transporting Their Goods (Graphic) / You Dare Not Auction The Letter Tupac Wrote Me, Madonna Fires! / Photo Of Man Posing Inside A Casket Sparks Outrage On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“We Do Not Auction Seized Goods On Social Media” –Nigeria Customs Service Warns by iDreamzMedia: 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
The Oyo state command of the Nigerian customs has warned that the Nigerian customs service does not sell auction goods on social media. While speaking to newsmen at a press briefing, the Oyo state customs boss Comptroller Tope Ogunkua, said I have seen my pictures and some other officers placed on social media advertising auction sales‎. This is fake, fraudulent and the Nigerian customs has nothing to do with such sales.

The briefing also elicits the activities of the Oyo state command , the successes and the challenges they are facing, in his words, the comptroller said we have called this briefing to inform and educate the public on our activities, as at today our mid year revenue stands at over 7 billion naira but there is a slight drop in this revenue compared to what we had as at this time last year, and this is as a result of some government fiscal policies and other barriers. Though we are working on strategies to help us boost this revenue going forward, he said

Also we have made seizures which includes food, beverages vehicles and so on. As listed below but I want to quickly warn that some unscrupulous human beings are importing food items an spirits drinks that are expired and harmful to the health of Nigerians into the country illegally, and we should all be extremely careful.

See photos of seizures made below

(1) (Reply)

What The Hell Is This / Download-sexy Lexzy "Struggle To Survive" Feat Blacky Prod By Tigerman / What Do You Think About This New Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.