Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People (618 Views)

Have You Ever Wondered Why Some Pastors Commit Adultery? / Ever Wondered: Why Are School Buses Yellow And Lack Seatbelts? / 20 Nigerian Billionaires + Richest People In Nigeria 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People by PROVERBZ(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
OK at times even back then in secondary school ,me and ma friends at times have some of this foolish aguements , my friends would say sani abacha had enough money stored in the world bank ,that if Nigeria collects it back the world bank might crash, Or that Nigerian senators are the most paid in the world, or that atiku abubakar has a whole street named after him in Dubai...

well since then ave checked the list of richest people over and over ,but no politician ever makes the list only business men and entertainers, thus the reason why I ask is it that for some reason they don't include politicians or what surely they have got to be amongst the highest paid in the world
Re: Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
They hide their money because they embezzled most.

2 Likes

Re: Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People by divinehand2003(m): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
Simple answer.
Nigerian politicians hide their stolen money in underground bunkers, soakaway pits, overhead tanks, abandoned farmlands, empty estates with well equipped vaults, etc.
Only a few millions is seen in banks and property investment.
That's why they never make the list of richest Africans for fear of being investigated.

1 Like

Re: Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People by jemype(m): 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
the truth is that its not just nigerialn politicians but also generally. forbes and other wealth analysts dont classify politicians on the wealth list at all.they only classify them as influential but not Wealthy u can check to confirm. its because their asset are not always fully declared.

1 Like

Re: Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People by yolanda233(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
divinehand2003:
Simple answer.
Nigerian politicians hide their stolen money in underground bunkers, soakaway pits, overhead tanks, abandoned farmlands, empty estates with well equipped vaults, etc.
Only a few millions is seen in banks and property investment.
That's why they never make the list of richest Africans for fear of being investigated.

Answer IT IS NOT THEIR MONEY
Re: Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People by PROVERBZ(m): 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
jemype:
the truth is that its not just nigerialn politicians but also generally. forbes and other wealth analysts dont classify politicians on the wealth list at all.
exactly my point, if I were ignorant I would have concluded that the president of the US is the richest man on earth
Re: Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People by Vladm(m): 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
If they live by their salary, most will b broke.
Ans- its not their money...
Re: Any Body Ever Wondered Why Politictians Dont Make The List Of Richest People by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
Money that comes from embezzlement or that is not properly accounted for is not included on the list. That's where most African politicians fall.

(1) (Reply)

Basketmouth Shares Cute Photos With Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (photos) / Nollywood Is At It Again See This New Movie Titled “zuckerberg In Lagos" / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.